Home

Quitting MTO - too frustrating experience

This is a discussion on Quitting MTO - too frustrating experience within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2016, 09:45 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Quitting MTO - too frustrating experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimesco2016
Yeah but he made it literally from half court that's definitely not realistic
Oh I misread it lol, my bad... quit away I mean I get it, it's a stressful game because when the equalizer gets to work you feel like you have no control but you still have a little. Timeouts can be really good at putting an end to a cheese run
Old 11-16-2016, 10:03 PM   #50
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
Oh I misread it lol, my bad... quit away I mean I get it, it's a stressful game because when the equalizer gets to work you feel like you have no control but you still have a little. Timeouts can be really good at putting an end to a cheese run
Equalizer? What's that lol? My team is mostly diamonds and this happens to me pretty often where players just get a really really unstoppable hot run.
Old 11-16-2016, 10:04 PM   #51
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimesco2016
Equalizer? What's that lolreally really unstoppable hot run? My team is mostly diamonds and this happens to me pretty often where players just get a .
you just described it lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2016, 08:51 PM   #52
Rookie

Had a wonderful experience today with a gentleman online. He spammed me with quick pauses, charge cheese, and had the Equalizer badged up to HoF. He won by 3. Fair enough. I was willing to walk away. Then he messaged me to ask me how certain parts of his players genitalia tasted and told me to go kill myself while accusing me of trying to copy his offense. (Which if I really had, killing myself would have been a logical option)

I hope none of you get matched up with his Gucci Boyz (do people still use the z like that these days?). You're sure to be in for a treat if you do.

This was my first dive into 17's online pool. I think I'll just dip my toes from now on.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:06 PM   #53
MVP

It's funny how the concept of "cheese" plays in one's head. We can all agree that it's "bad" to take advantage of ways that one can exploit game mechanics in unfair ways. But there is no real hard definition of what "cheese" is or even what an "exploit" is.

For example, in recent weeks, I've been going very simplistic in my offensive approach and just posting up as my go-to tactic. Of course, often with my bigs, but also with guards if I have a guard with post-up game and/or have a significant size mismatch.

If my opponent is running Curry at PG, and my PG is Harden or Penny, then I'm going to ISO against Curry and post up on him. Pretty much every single offensive possession. Then try to score in the paint after backing Curry down or spinning past him. And if there is a double-team, pass out to open man and shoot the three or long two.

If my opponent is playing KAT or Bosh at 5, and I have someone like Edwards or Cousins at 5, then I'm going to post up and back down his 5 constantly.

And that feels cheesy to me, and I imagine my opponent complaining about it. But it's also fundamental basketball and what teams would do in real life. And I have problems shooting reliably online, so I prefer to emphasize scoring that isn't so timing-dependent.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:37 PM   #54
Rookie

Cwb917's Arena

OVR: 3

I didnt play myteam last year until about May. Did people complain that there were too many good cards? This is absurd if so to me. I find myteam completely boring this year. I have NO DESIRE to play with a nerfed 8th grade version of current superstars. I understand if you call it a rookie card and make Lebron 84 ovr sapphire or whatever he is. It's asinine to call a current Lebron card 84 ovr and expect people to deal with it. It's the exact reason i hate MUT.

I thought myteam was decent because you could get a bunch of really good cards. I played myteam for a solid two months and flipped cards to get enough for one diamond. bronze, silver, golds were pretty much throwaway cards last year. this year a gold 89 ovr, that wouldnt crack your lineup last year, is many users best player as a Ruby.

The quicksell prices are crazy this year too. You got 5x the MT to quicksell a card last year.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:58 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
It's funny how the concept of "cheese" plays in one's head. We can all agree that it's "bad" to take advantage of ways that one can exploit game mechanics in unfair ways. But there is no real hard definition of what "cheese" is or even what an "exploit" is.

For example, in recent weeks, I've been going very simplistic in my offensive approach and just posting up as my go-to tactic. Of course, often with my bigs, but also with guards if I have a guard with post-up game and/or have a significant size mismatch.

If my opponent is running Curry at PG, and my PG is Harden or Penny, then I'm going to ISO against Curry and post up on him. Pretty much every single offensive possession. Then try to score in the paint after backing Curry down or spinning past him. And if there is a double-team, pass out to open man and shoot the three or long two.

If my opponent is playing KAT or Bosh at 5, and I have someone like Edwards or Cousins at 5, then I'm going to post up and back down his 5 constantly.

And that feels cheesy to me, and I imagine my opponent complaining about it. But it's also fundamental basketball and what teams would do in real life. And I have problems shooting reliably online, so I prefer to emphasize scoring that isn't so timing-dependent.
This is just good basketball. No need to feel cheesy. Things that you could see regularly in a real game is not cheese. This is why I prefer to play friendlies against people that know a little about basketball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2016, 04:04 PM   #56
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Why does this stupid game keep deleting my logos from my custom jerseys? It's so ****ing annoying man. It makes me not even want to bother making custom jerseys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »