Home

Really sick of how they Rate Hakeem in this game.....

This is a discussion on Really sick of how they Rate Hakeem in this game..... within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2016, 08:16 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Really sick of how they Rate Hakeem in this game.....

I mean....i dont know bro. Stauff needs help. i get it. you wanna over-inflate shaq because he played with the lakers and they won. the love for the lakers/warriors by 2K is unparalleled at this point.

Why in the absolute hell is Shaq's block and lat quickness rating(as well as speed and acceleration) higher than Hakeem? at any point in his career?

http://2kmtcentral.com/17/players/compare/4525/952

At no point in Shaq's career was he a better shot blocker. and if you take the two time period's reference by 2K and Stauff, Hakeem's block numbers completely dwarf that of Shaqs. yet shaq's block rating is better smh.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...olajuha01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...onealsh01.html

just go look at the numbers yourselves. i mean every year they do this. go A/B any time period or stretch of seasons and compare....Shaq couldnt hold a candle to Hakeem.

And then quickness/speed/accel. In the Houston/Orlando NBA Finals, Hakeem torched shaq. He couldnt keep up. And this was the younger, more athletic shaq. Am I supposed to believed that the fatter, lazier Shaq(Kobe's words), was faster and quicker than Hakeem? somebody that was described to have guard-like quickness? dude seriously get your **** together Rating guys.

here is the ENTIRE game 2 of the finals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEzLkIQFv18

Bro...at some point we must call a spade a spade. They are horrible at rating legends.

ps. i watched this finals as a kid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2016, 08:24 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Really sick of how they Rate Hakeem in this game.....

Think you might be in the wrong section, there is no Hakeem Myteam card
Old 11-16-2016, 08:39 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
Think you might be in the wrong section, there is no Hakeem Myteam card
There will be. OP posted a link to a comparison to what ought to be future released PD's for Shaq and Hakeem. The ratings might change, but there will definitely be at least one Hakeem.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:54 PM   #4
MVP

I get your frustration, I was really upset they made Toronto Bosh a 3-pt shooter. It doesn't show their block tendancies which can make a huge difference If Shaq's is low and Hakeem's is high it would make sense, I don't ever remember Hakeem being fast though
Old 11-16-2016, 09:04 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
I get your frustration, I was really upset they made Toronto Bosh a 3-pt shooter. It doesn't show their block tendancies which can make a huge difference If Shaq's is low and Hakeem's is high it would make sense, I don't ever remember Hakeem being fast though
lol dude. his footwork was actually highly lauded. his first few years in the league he was unreal. he just beat all bigs with his quickness. they did endless interviews with him on his soccer background because of this.

with that said, this is FAT LAKERS SHAQ we are comparing him to....

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2016, 09:33 PM   #6
MVP

Footwork is different from speed and quickness, Hakeem basically just posted up in the half court and did his thing honestly if I'm remember correctly Shaq actually did run the floor more
Old 11-16-2016, 09:40 PM   #7
Rookie

Prime Hakeem was definitely quicker than Prime Shaq. He was known for being incredibly agile. And there's no reason for Shaq to have better playmaking stats (handles and passing). We'll see if these are actually the stats on the cards released. Diamond Lakers Shaq was listed last year but never came out, for example.

Regardless, I have faith any Hakeem card will be a beast this year. His amethyst DPOY card was still the best post card in the game last year and great defensively, I wouldn't worry. I think the Hakeem on the historic Rockets team was pretty fluid when I tried him out offline, moreso than last year, try seeing how he feels.

Last edited by Biaxident; 11-16-2016 at 09:44 PM.
Old 11-16-2016, 09:51 PM   #8
MVP

I would take that hakeem over that shaq anyways, just a style of play preference, I like shooting baseline jumpers with my 5... that +40 98 post fade is a big difference maker too and kind of speaks to his footwork

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »