Home

Diamond teams...lower your OVR to have fun?

This is a discussion on Diamond teams...lower your OVR to have fun? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2016, 12:49 PM   #25
Pro

Bi00's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Diamond teams...lower your OVR to have fun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offballer4life
PS...get that Bol Bradley trash outta your lineup
But but but... I like Bol's for his spacing :|
Maybe I'll try out the new moments Whiteside or Howard.

It's hard to give up on Penny either. There are some players that play way above their rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2016, 12:58 PM   #26
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00
But but but... I like Bol's for his spacing :|
Maybe I'll try out the new moments Whiteside or Howard.

It's hard to give up on Penny either. There are some players that play way above their rating.
Just playin. Im just really sick of the 5-out with Bol/Bradley garbage.

Penny will always be on my bench. Emerald Howard is also there. LCF on him and a Gold Accel/Speed shoe....love him.
Old 11-29-2016, 01:27 PM   #27
Pro

Phris getting banned is kinda weak, but he even said he wanted to quit myteam and here he is right back in it complaining about the same exact thing.

We all know the issue exists. If 2k let skills determine every outcome then good players would have no incentive to buy good cards, and bad players would quit or stick to off-line.

They need to sell VC, and that means momentum swings, rubberbanding, starting out hot/cold is here to stay. VC sales are at an all time high as well as complaints. People think this game is pay to win, but it's not. It's grind and pay to grind and pay some more. The money cycle never stops spinning.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:21 PM   #28
Rookie

I doubt there is an equalizer. Skills determine wins/loses. Sadly its 2k skill rather than basketball knowledge / skill. I love Myteam but I wouldn't pay a dime to play MTO. Assembling a team to play balanced and strategic basketball is pointless. The ratings of your players means nothing. The bottom line is the only way to win MTO games is to exploit whichever weakness 2k refuses to patch that year. Think about it, 5 or 6 patches in this year and the cpu still WALKS up the court after scoring. This allows the opposition to turbo to the rim for an easy bucket every time. Where is the rating to stop that? How is there still is no way to defend without bail out fouling. Your players can be maxed out rebounders, but rebounding still has no logic to it. When you combine this with these ugly amateur looking courts and jerseys, limitless quick-pausing, and the attention seekers who plug in a mic and complain all-game long. This experience is unbearable. 2k really needs to stop banning people for having MT, and look at the toxic culture of its community. I see why people are quitting and not looking back.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:12 PM   #29
Pro

Bi00's Arena

So much hyperbole. Ratings obviously matter or else we wouldn't be talking about creating emerald squads. When you make a low rated squad, you ARE cheesing the system because your matchup will be a lower overall.

Granted, there is 2K skill. You have to know how the computer will react to be successful in online. Even if the CPU was playing perfect transition, on-ball, and off-ball defense, you still need to have the "2K" skill of knowing their exact behavior. Even if you have perfect stick skills and your on-ball is lockdown, your opponent will attack the CPU with the most effective strategies.

Being knowledgable of 2K means sprinting back to cover the paint to stop the transition game, setting defensive settings of each individual matchup, and calling smart time outs/etc, basically covering all the faults of the CPU as much as possible. MTO is actually very tactical since I moved past the Sapphire league. I know I'm not good enough at 2K to win consistently without strategy or effort so each game is kind of a grind. The game is frustrating at times and I've taken many breaks from MTO before but if someone can be almost unbeaten in this mode, then obviously skill is the main factor.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:48 PM   #30
MVP

it's the end of the game crap that really bothers me. It seems so scripted
Old 11-29-2016, 05:50 PM   #31
MVP

Attributes of cards DO play a role but I think you are overstimating their significance. Player skill surpass team overall
I play PNO with the raptors and I am unbeaten in every game I played against the Cavs and Warriors.

Of course I would be in so much more trouble if I was using the Nets or the 76ers, but I highly doubt that a 5 point overall variance in a team can make a worse player beat a better player.

That being said MTO is MUCH more cheese-based than PNO.
Yes, you can turbo cheese with Rose and the Knicks, BUT your center will always be Noah, and your Sub will be Jennings. Yes you can zig-zag with Lillard-McCollum but your SF and PF can't shoot

In MyTeam there is no such thing as a team weakness. A player can use his type of "cheese" and play this the whole game without consequences. He can play Deny all shooters and not worry much about offballing with the Center because his center will be Big-Ben or Manute Bol etc. Try Deny all and offball with your center using Noah and Plumlee and you 'll get laughed upon

MyTeam magnifies all exploiting issues of the game.

I have played over 200 games in MyTeam.I had 62% win/loss ratio in Myteam and I was stuck in between amethyst and Pink Diamond leagues

I got promoted 2-3 times in Pink Diamond but got relegated

Even before I played Domination (shortly before I quit the game) I never noticed any matchmaking restriction other than the difficulty setting. I have felt rubberbanding for me and against me, but not related to my team overall.

I have an over 90% record in PNO vs a 62 % in MT (line-ups in signature)

I am still the same player in both modes.
I have never felt of getting an advantage over diamond squads just because I had a lower rated team.

On the contrary I lost many games where I was clearly a better player because my opponent had a super-stacked team with no real weakness. I protect paint, he kills my from outside. I guard the 3, he kills me with post moves

There are 3 reasons I reckon for the huge variation in my ratios:

a) of course I have played more games in the top level of myteam rather than PNO. However I can assure you that my % was always between 60-70%
b) I faced many overstacked teams that I just couldn't overcome even if in some cases I was clearly a better player
c) as stated before in MyTeam you can maximize the cheese. Too many loses against players denying all and offballing with Bol, spamming inbound cheese with Francis and Wallace etc.

Not once I have felt that I gain an advantage playing with a lower rated squad.

I feel momentum/scripting or whatever you may call it exists more in myTeam rather than PNO because in MyTeam they want to create you the urge to buy packs

Of course this is just my personal oppinion and I am not claiming that it is correct

I am attaching screenshots with my results just so you can cross-check my record
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PNO.jpg (24.7 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg 15203150_10154822650928184_3117116785018549547_n.jpg (31.8 KB, 57 views)

Last edited by kabamaru; 11-29-2016 at 06:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2016, 08:40 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
In MyTeam there is no such thing as a team weakness. A player can use his type of "cheese" and play this the whole game without consequences.
One thing that I find annoying is that fouls as a deterrent to spamming Steal, for example, are not very effective. Even if your starter fouls out, you can just sub in your Hall-of-Famer backup.

I know that one is supposed to be able to punish reaching by blowing past the defender, but my reflexes are not so great to begin with, and coupled with online lag, it's all but impossible to press a button and have it immediately take effect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »