Home

2k deciding who wins at tip off

This is a discussion on 2k deciding who wins at tip off within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2016, 06:43 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2k deciding who wins at tip off

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover

I know sometimes it "feels" like the game is rigged, but that's largely because the game mechanics reward unintelligent gameplay too much more than anything else.

Sometimes it feels like I am hungry too and it turns out that I actually am. Guess I have learned to trust my instincts and when a lot of your customers are saying they feel that way about a product then that isn't just noise or nonsense.

Kind of like saying just learn to play better if you are losing and you will win. There are many reasons why you can lose but how you feel while it happens matters.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:38 PM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by landman2069
Sometimes it feels like I am hungry too and it turns out that I actually am. Guess I have learned to trust my instincts and when a lot of your customers are saying they feel that way about a product then that isn't just noise or nonsense.

Kind of like saying just learn to play better if you are losing and you will win. There are many reasons why you can lose but how you feel while it happens matters.

Not a great analogy.... a better one is Sometimes I think someone is intentionally trying to annoy me in traffic. Turns out I was just angry and more prone to get upset at small things and they are just trying to get somewhere too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2016, 08:56 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihoopfor206
Not a great analogy.... a better one is Sometimes I think someone is intentionally trying to annoy me in traffic. Turns out I was just angry and more prone to get upset at small things and they are just trying to get somewhere too.
Once you figure it out I tend to agree with you, but when you are a newish player with a good team you are gonna get absolutely stomped the second you enter the Emerald league and this won't make a lot of sense as you likely just ran through the Gold league with no trouble at all.

I actually prefer playing against better players with my Diamond team as it really helps you get better at the game, but since all the good rewards require you to lose precisely 0 games it doesn't make sense to use your best players unless you are the cream of the crop

It also makes you feel better about your gameplay when you're using lower tier players as they will perform above their ratings against higher tiered players while those players will play under their ratings and will make you feel like you're doing something wrong. The end result is usually a close game, but I tend to agree that a combination of skill and understanding how the game works wins out in the end.

Last edited by Foldzy; 12-01-2016 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:04 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 17
2k deciding who wins at tip off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
It also makes you feel better about your gameplay when you're using lower tier players as they will perform above their ratings against higher tiered players while those players will play under their ratings and will make you feel like you're doing something wrong. The end result is usually a close game, but I tend to agree that a combination of skill and understanding how the game works wins out in the end.

Game I just played

My four diamond cards go 19/24 & 3/3 from 3pt.

My opponent goes 2/8 with sapphire Curry & 1/6 with emerald Kidd

Top tier cards don't under perform vs lower tier cards. My cards actually play better vs those sapphire/emerald squads.

74 fg% and got 5 off on 10 miss shots.

Games like this wouldn't be possible if what you're claiming was true.
Old 12-02-2016, 12:44 AM   #21
MVP

Patty Ewing 39 points proves that lol? 52 points in the paint? I can only imagine your offense I guess if you don't actually take shots you won't miss wide open ones

Last edited by Foldzy; 12-02-2016 at 12:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2016, 03:29 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Patty Ewing 39 points proves that lol? 52 points in the paint? I can only imagine your offense I guess if you don't actually take shots you won't miss wide open ones
LOL well now I finally see how to not be screwed! The other guy shot 21 free throws too? Wow spamming steal much?
Old 12-02-2016, 07:01 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:

He didn't have anybody that can deal with Ewing, you damn right I'm going to abuse that. You probably don't abuse mismatches, that can be your problem.

If your theory was true Ewing would've been missing dunks and layups with Drummond & Gortat guarding him.

Kiki & Hill were perfect from 3 & his Curry goes 2/7. Where was the boost for his Curry? He shot 2/13 as team from 3 where was the boost......
Old 12-02-2016, 07:08 AM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
He didn't have anybody that can deal with Ewing, you damn right I'm going to abuse that. You probably don't abuse mismatches, that can be your problem.

If your theory was true Ewing would've been missing dunks and layups with Drummond & Gortat guarding him.

Kiki & Hill were perfect from 3 & his Curry goes 2/7. Where was the boost for his Curry? He shot 2/13 as team from 3 where was the boost......
Show me a boxscore where you're spreading the ball around and not just dunking every play. I'm not saying it's impossible to blow someone out with a Diamond squad lol it happens a lot, especially if you're abusing a game mechanic like you clearly are

Last edited by Foldzy; 12-02-2016 at 07:10 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »