Home

2k deciding who wins at tip off

This is a discussion on 2k deciding who wins at tip off within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2016, 04:25 PM   #41
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2k deciding who wins at tip off

Again, can someone please record a full game showcasing this "equalizer" and post it here?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2016, 04:39 PM   #42
Rookie

billiethetree's Arena

I don't understand, how can you think 2k is conspiring against you when you played against someone who has already prestiged 3 times? This is getting ridiculous, the game was decided at tip because that guy was a good player with a stacked team! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. At first I was on the side of people complaining about 2k setting people up for failure, but this is getting ridiculous when people are whining about losing games to players with PD Timmy as if they got cheated.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:57 PM   #43
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

I think people need to accept that there is a mixture of:

- lag
- randomness
- good players using lower rated line ups
- momentum swings
- mismatched difficulty levels
- just having a bad game

and... I know it might sound absolutely crazy but... bear with me...

You're not actually as amazing as you think you are.

The gameplay has a lot of problems, but the idea 2K chooses a person to be the winner is just laughable. I think I am 29 and 2 or something in my last stretch of games and I have a couple of diamonds in my lineup, I've played sapphire and emerald teams and full diamond teams.

The ones I lost I know exactly why I lost, and yeah I was pissed when it happened but I know I got outplayed or out cheesed in both of them.

Last edited by NoLeafClover; 12-02-2016 at 05:02 PM.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:10 PM   #44
Banned

I love how guys are using win streaks to justify their arguments, completely ignoring the fact that I won 17 straight myself and am currently on a 6 game winning streak. Winning isn't the point.

Only the replies are being read, half you lot didn't even read the OP.

There just aren't any critical thinkers around here who will accept a viewpoint away from the norm. Just because the idea seems controversial it's immediately rejected.

I'll upload gameplay footage this weekend and then I'll be done with this topic and the whole MyTeam mode.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:15 PM   #45
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweemwee
There just aren't any critical thinkers around here who will accept a viewpoint away from the norm. Just because the idea seems controversial it's immediately rejected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweemwee
Since winning my first 17 straight (with ease may I add) I'm now 19-20.
Now you are being laughable. Critical thinking would lead me to believe that your first 17 games is just the right number to get out of the bush leagues of MTO. It also tells me that your competition and difficult level have changed which is likely leading to drop in winning %. Is this critical enough for you?

Your entire OP describes how you were surprised by the difficulty change going from sapphire to ruby league. Yes there the difficulty does go up and yes you should see an effect of that in game. Then you go on about how you see variability game to game including games where you do well and do poorly. So 2K must have turned on a tip-off-win-switch for you after you hit ruby league and kept it on when you were demoted. And based on this anecdotal evidence, you cling to the fact the losses are not your fault and must be 2K screwing you deliberately. And you believe 2K is doing this... to sell packs?

Just post a gameplay video because you're grasping hard for a reason why you're losing.

Last edited by Bi00; 12-02-2016 at 05:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2016, 05:25 PM   #46
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00
Now you are being laughable. Critical thinking would lead me to believe that your first 17 games is just the right number to get out of the bush leagues of MTO. It also tells me that your competition and difficult level have changed which is likely leading to drop in winning %. Is this critical enough for you?
The fact that you class that as critical thinking is embarrassing.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:34 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00
Your entire OP describes how you were surprised by the difficulty change going from sapphire to ruby league.
No, it doesn't.

Nice edit btw.

I've played every 2K, been on OS since 2003 (different account), been a sim player my whole life, always won 90+% of online games, won RTTP (until last year where I had similar issues), play every other mode on HOF etc. It's not a difficulty issue. Again, if you actually read the posts I made you would know this. But you're not.

This topic is pointless. I can't even start to respond to people who aren't talking about the same thing as me, aren't reading my actual words, and are just here to disagree and then stay here complaining instead of just leaving the thread if they don't like it.

Mods, lock it up.

Last edited by Mweemwee; 12-02-2016 at 05:38 PM.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:45 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiethetree
I don't understand, how can you think 2k is conspiring against you when you played against someone who has already prestiged 3 times? This is getting ridiculous, the game was decided at tip because that guy was a good player with a stacked team! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. At first I was on the side of people complaining about 2k setting people up for failure, but this is getting ridiculous when people are whining about losing games to players with PD Timmy as if they got cheated.
There's supposed to be matchmaking based on record and team. 2k isn't delivering on promise to players on that so why do they care about the playing experience? For the record I just faced the same type of team again who had completed it. I got blown out by 25 and should have just quit but I don't do that. It was really fun.

All of you who say we are just whining and should play better don't seem to understand that we just want to have fun playing players at the level we are on. I have a family, job, and life so my stick skills are subpar but I should still be matched up with similar players. 2k isn't trying and doesn't care.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »