Home

Badging over Unwanted badges

This is a discussion on Badging over Unwanted badges within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2016, 12:29 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Badging over Unwanted badges

I wanted to make a specific thread for this as it is my #1 biggest frustration with the game right now.

This is the first year I've really gone hard on MyTeam (I've mostly been a PNO player in the past) and admittedly there's been a big learning curve even for someone that was fairly familiar with the game.

Let me start off by saying I like the concept of badges, you can give your players a personal touch and I really like the idea behind it. The frustrating part is once you put a badge on, it's there forever! You might think "Hey you should be more careful with your choices", but it's not that simple.

Sure I've made some plain old dumb mistakes like not realizing I could call a pick from a player that wasn't a 4/5 (Poor Mashburn really could have used P&roller P&popper) or forgetting difficult shots on Magic, or putting extra badges on random guys just cause they were laying around, but sometimes when a players roll changes on your team you want different badges for them.

The simplest examples I can think of that I've made recently was moving Bosh from the 4 to the 5 and David Thompson from the 2 to the 1. With Bosh at the 5 I wish he had Rim Protector and Drop Stepper but at the 4 they didn't seem important, same thing with Thompson and Dimer/Lob City Passer

This would still be a big decision to make as badges are not cheap and it would also help generate revenue as unwanted badges would simply be going to waste and more badges will be in demand. I think it's a win win for company and customer and I'd really like to try and draw some attention to it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2016, 12:43 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Badging over Unwanted badges

I really liked how they did it in last gen a few years ago. A little bit of a different setup....but players would have a set number of badge slots depending in the color of card. And badges could always be swapped out. They added to contract/salary price, so if you didn't want to pay for badges in a particular game, you could just unequip.

Side note...****by Bron has less slots than Sapph.
Again....2k making no sense.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:48 PM   #3
MVP

It's driving me crazy! Its not fair for us OCD'ers haha there are players I won't use because I messed up one badge on them!
Old 12-01-2016, 03:08 PM   #4
Pro

Lol, you make a mistake in 2k and you got to pay for it. You wanted to try out this badge and it sucks? Your option is to sell that player and lose all of other those expensive badges on the unforgiving market for less MT than you paid for him, be charged 15% tax and buy a new one. All because of one badge you wanted to try out.

Oh you made your player too big? You have to start an entire new character. You want to be able to do other things besides shoot threes? Start an new archetype and grind MyCareer all over again.

P.S. don't forget to buy VC!
Old 12-01-2016, 03:13 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8board
Lol, you make a mistake in 2k and you got to pay for it. You wanted to try out this badge and it sucks? Your option is to sell that player and lose all of other those expensive badges on the unforgiving market for less MT than you paid for him, be charged 15% tax and buy a new one. All because of one badge you wanted to try out.

Oh you made your player too big? You have to start an entire new character. You want to be able to do other things besides shoot threes? Start an new archetype and grind MyCareer all over again.

P.S. don't forget to buy VC!
The problem with this is reward cards. They can't be sold and repurchased. If you mess up a badge on a reward then you are out of luck..

Foldzy I agree completely with you. The ability to remove badges would be fantastic. Every year I have players that I badge impulsively and after using them for awhile I wish I badged them differently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2016, 04:08 PM   #6
MVP

Even worse, as far as OCD is the analysis paralysis that happens when one doesn't want to put on the wrong badge and then ends up just not badging. Kind of silly, but I always end up at this point and often am not fully maxing out my players.
Old 12-01-2016, 05:24 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Yes please, this would make things a lot easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Even worse, as far as OCD is the analysis paralysis that happens when one doesn't want to put on the wrong badge and then ends up just not badging. Kind of silly, but I always end up at this point and often am not fully maxing out my players.
This happens to me a lot.

@iTofutastic
PSN: iTofutastic

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »