Home

I was on an 80 game win streak

This is a discussion on I was on an 80 game win streak within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2016, 03:38 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: I was on an 80 game win streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
And why doesn't it need a new thread? If this many are posted, then obviously that goes to show how much of a problem this is for players who are getting screwed. I get the non-clutter of topics, but this is a serious issue that's been going on since the current gen (PS4 & XBONE) have been out since 2k14. If voices are quiet, nothing will be done about this.

I was on a 35 game win streak heading into my 2nd Ruby level and then I get hit with a train wreck of my guys playing like absolute garbage to inferior teams. Funny how I add diamond larry johnson to the squad and I lose 2 in a row when he is a much better player than my Ruby Anthony Davis ever was. And isn't ruby level supposed to provide a slightly more sim experience with the All star difficulty?
I dunno if there was a patch but in a diamond league and curry3 spam cheese is sometimes as bad as it is in sapphire and emerald leagues. Also if im in pd or diamond league and another person in emerald...are we playing on 2 different difficulties?
Old 12-02-2016, 03:40 AM   #10
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

OVR: 0

Yup. I'm sitting at 0-4 on the 2nd prestige Ruby league. Something is terribly wrong here, because the game is starting to feel EXACTLY like 2k15 post patch 4. And for those who don't know what I mean by that, it was literally more arcade than NBA Jam ever was. People turboing up and down the court at 1000 mph, actually playing effective basketball making contested shots and getting bail out offensive boards.

I think once 2k detected my W/L record by the 1.5 difficulty multiplier stages, they threw every thing they could, because so many fantasy things are happening that never happened before, not even on the first prestige pink diamond league.

I'm not even mad or furious at myself, because I know there something flawed in the system now that I've experienced 4 times in a row after ranking up from 2nd prestige sapphire. It doesn't feel "sim" anymore. I've lost all desire to play MTO to pursue PD Duncan, because 2k literally threw a roadblock in my way. I wish I could sit here and deny it, but I can't.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:46 AM   #11
Pro

Btw are you using similar name online because i think i beat you today lol....anyway as far as health is concerned i know exactly where you are coming from. You are trying to get that PD tim duncan asap. You gotta change your mentality and play MTO as something like call of duty...you play it for fun. Once you change your mindset to that you'll be less stressed and wont car about losses as much..This game has way too much random bull**** built in it that you cant control. I used to play like that myself and was more stressed out from this game than anything in my life..i quit and deleted it 3 times..almost threw my ps4 out of my window ones. but came back every time. Now i approach it as fun and not think about duncan and have been having a lot more fun. Any other qay and this game will consume you. Then again i only just now got to PD league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2016, 03:49 AM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
Yup. I'm sitting at 0-4 on the 2nd prestige Ruby league. Something is terribly wrong here, because the game is starting to feel EXACTLY like 2k15 post patch 4. And for those who don't know what I mean by that, it was literally more arcade than NBA Jam ever was. People turboing up and down the court at 1000 mph, actually playing effective basketball making contested shots and getting bail out offensive boards.

I think once 2k detected my W/L record by the 1.5 difficulty multiplier stages, they threw every thing they could, because so many fantasy things are happening that never happened before, not even on the first prestige pink diamond league.

I'm not even mad or furious at myself, because I know there something flawed in the system now that I've experienced 4 times in a row after ranking up from 2nd prestige sapphire. It doesn't feel "sim" anymore. I've lost all desire to play MTO to pursue PD Duncan, because 2k literally threw a roadblock in my way. I wish I could sit here and deny it, but I can't.
I think whats happening here is that since you prestiged you keep the all star or super star level difficulty as you go even through sapphire leagues while people you face are playing on pro against you. That's why its so one sided. Sometimes i wonder if devs play their own game because it gets ridiculous. Also use timeouts more often helps with equalizer cheese.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:55 AM   #13
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukk
I think whats happening here is that since you prestiged you keep the all star or super star level difficulty as you go even through sapphire leagues while people you face are playing on pro against you. That's why its so one sided. Sometimes i wonder if devs play their own game because it gets ridiculous. Also use timeouts more often helps with equalizer cheese.
If that is the case 2k is the worst company of all time for not even informing people they play on a higher difficulty FOREVER. They manage to ruin the game every single year and will lose their fan base.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR
Old 12-02-2016, 05:09 AM   #14
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
If that is the case 2k is the worst company of all time for not even informing people they play on a higher difficulty FOREVER. They manage to ruin the game every single year and will lose their fan base.
There's gotta be something close or similar to that. Here's a timeline of events:

My last game I lost was when I fell to 3-2 in the first diamond league. I finished the first diamond league 9-2. I proceeded to beat the Pink Diamond league 10-0 and get Stackhouse. Then I beat everything on 2nd prestige up until ruby league 3-0, 4-0, 5-0, 6-0, and 7-1 (freak loss on my part).

Suddenly come 2nd prestige ruby league, everything about the game feels very funny. I think you guys are right about the difficulty difference, because I know last year you'd play seed 4 guys even if you were in seeds 1-3, which were at a higher difficulty than 4 was.

But now that I'm not to the point of rage and can actually dissect and analyze exactly WTF is going on, I'm noticing a lot of cringe-worthy animations that only 2k can make. It's tough to explain, but the game just doesn't feel like it did before I made Ruby prestige 2.

That's just my take on it.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:48 AM   #15
MVP

not sure I feel too bad for ya if you managed to win 80 in a row haha you're definitely on some cheese style

When they put the announcer's face infront of your free throw bar you know it's over haha I lost my diamond shoes on some crazy 20+ 4th 1/4 comeback in the last league game haha this game is good at screwing you when they need to

Last edited by Foldzy; 12-02-2016 at 06:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2016, 11:34 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukk
Btw are you using similar name online because i think i beat you today lol....anyway as far as health is concerned i know exactly where you are coming from. You are trying to get that PD tim duncan asap. You gotta change your mentality and play MTO as something like call of duty...you play it for fun. Once you change your mindset to that you'll be less stressed and wont car about losses as much..This game has way too much random bull**** built in it that you cant control. I used to play like that myself and was more stressed out from this game than anything in my life..i quit and deleted it 3 times..almost threw my ps4 out of my window ones. but came back every time. Now i approach it as fun and not think about duncan and have been having a lot more fun. Any other qay and this game will consume you. Then again i only just now got to PD league.

Yup probably I played pd Isiah Thomas 4x today so u might have been on of them

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »