Home

Plays in myteam. Do you run them. Do they matter. How do you do it?

This is a discussion on Plays in myteam. Do you run them. Do they matter. How do you do it? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2016, 08:49 PM   #9
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Plays in myteam. Do you run them. Do they matter. How do you do it?

I'd say I run plays around 70% of my possessions, they are just such a great way to create confusion among the opponent more than anything else, and plays that result in 2 screens are a great way to destroy off ballers controlling the C or PF.

Also remember you can hold the left trigger to make your PG protect the ball that results in a foul pretty much any time someone tries to strip you while in the animation.

I've used the Clippers playbook the last couple of years and I know it pretty well, so I just stick with it.
Old 12-05-2016, 01:11 PM   #10
Banned

I run the wizards playbook and have to to plays if I'm struggling and will use smart plays 80% of my possessions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-09-2016, 07:29 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3
Plays in myteam. Do you run them. Do they matter. How do you do it?

I don't run a lot plays any more tbh. I used to run plays in about every myteam every year only call plays. Not quick plays but playbook plays. Last year listening to Czar's stream and hearing him talk about freelance offenses I started to run those more. I like the freelance plays you get because it's based on your positioning what the AI is going to run. So this year since they've expanded freelance even more I run that. I'm using the 93 Bulls playbook so those plays are triangle based plays and most of those plays in that book that I run are Fist, Quick, and floppy plays. But I rarely do that. I'm using the 1-4 offense freelance with Motion cuts so I'd encourage you to try some freelance stuff. Those are quicker and more intuitive so after awhile you know how to work the freelance like the back of your hand.

Also the solution I found for playbook switching is running the coach of that team. Now with historic playbooks I didn't think it would work but it has fixed that issue for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2016, 08:28 AM   #12
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offballer4life
Make sure you match the coach. I use Nets PB. Had same issue till I put Kenny Atkinson as my coach.
How do the coaches affect the team or player rating/tendencies though. There must be a reason for the coach rating.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR
Old 12-09-2016, 09:30 AM   #13
Rookie

AsYouSwish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
How do the coaches affect the team or player rating/tendencies though. There must be a reason for the coach rating.
I agree with this but ultimately decided that whatever bonus those coaches give is not as important to me as having a playbook that I know.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:40 AM   #14
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Plays were the reason I got Pink Diamond Tim Duncan so easily. But not just plays alone....you have to have a full offensive scheme.

1) Playbook - Use your playbook to run specific plays for a specific player to take advantage of mismatches, create confusion etc. If you need a guaranteed bucket, go to your playbook.

2) Freelance - Use a freelance set to get some quick free flowing scoring action going. This switches up the look of your offense and will make it harder for your opponent to defend

3) Freestyle - This is doing whatever you wanna do on offense. It can be ISO, PnR, post up....pretty much going with the flow and playing freely.

Use all of these together and you have a complete offensive scheme. Its too much for your opponent to defend and adjust to. If one thing doesn't work, you have other options.

90% of my opponents have little or no offensive strategy and end up getting blown out. I keep recommending the Mavs playbook because its so good. Also pay attention to the types of plays your players actually have assigned to them. That determines what will show up for them in the playbook. You can check this on 2kmtcentral.

Scott OG confirmed that the coaches grades determine how much of a boost your players will get to off and def awareness. Like said earlier, using a matching coach and playbook will fix the disappearing playbook issue.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C using Tapatalk
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 12-09-2016, 12:30 PM   #15
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Plays were the reason I got Pink Diamond Tim Duncan so easily. But not just plays alone....you have to have a full offensive scheme.

1) Playbook - Use your playbook to run specific plays for a specific player to take advantage of mismatches, create confusion etc. If you need a guaranteed bucket, go to your playbook.

2) Freelance - Use a freelance set to get some quick free flowing scoring action going. This switches up the look of your offense and will make it harder for your opponent to defend

3) Freestyle - This is doing whatever you wanna do on offense. It can be ISO, PnR, post up....pretty much going with the flow and playing freely.

Use all of these together and you have a complete offensive scheme. Its too much for your opponent to defend and adjust to. If one thing doesn't work, you have other options.

90% of my opponents have little or no offensive strategy and end up getting blown out. I keep recommending the Mavs playbook because its so good. Also pay attention to the types of plays your players actually have assigned to them. That determines what will show up for them in the playbook. You can check this on 2kmtcentral.

Scott OG confirmed that the coaches grades determine how much of a boost your players will get to off and def awareness. Like said earlier, using a matching coach and playbook will fix the disappearing playbook issue.

Would the playbook still work if I used Coach Pop and a '98 Spurs playbook or Luke Walton and an '87 Lakers playbook, or is it just limited to current teams?

And one last thing I'd add to your list, is to play the game at a pace YOU'RE comfortable with. I got rattled in my 2nd play through of Ruby league starting 0-4, but rallied to win 8 straight, and then rallied to win 5 straight in amethyst league after starting 4-3 using pretty much your methods.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2016, 02:46 PM   #16
Rookie

billiethetree's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti

Earv would you mind sharing a few of your favorite plays from the Mavs playbook? Also curious if you have a go to play to post up Magic besides the quick play option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »