Home

I need tips for winning Domination games.

This is a discussion on I need tips for winning Domination games. within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2016, 09:04 PM   #1
Rookie

RocketsFan1993's Arena

OVR: 0
I need tips for winning Domination games.

Does anyone have any tips they can give me for winning the domination games? I need tips for shooting the jumper, among other things. I have been stuck with facing the Denver Nuggets for the past couple months. Any tip will be appreciated. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2016, 09:41 PM   #2
MVP

Re: I need tips for winning Domination games.

Months?!? What kind of lineup are you running?
Old 12-09-2016, 09:49 PM   #3
Rookie

RocketsFan1993's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
Months?!? What kind of lineup are you running?
All of my players on my lineup are golds, emeralds and rubies with the exception of a silver Ryan Anderson.
I might just suck. That is why I need tips.
Old 12-10-2016, 12:42 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

The answer probably largely depends on what kind of style you like to play, and how you are losing games.

Personally, when I started off, I focused on making sure my starting 5 were all solid defenders (high shot contest, good lateral quickness for position, and players that can switch etc).

Then I primarily used Sam Pham's defensive settings which you can find in his Youtube videos. I believe he sets On-Ball Screens to switch, Off-Ball screens to switch, and I personally set on-Ball Screen (Center) to Over & Soft Hedge but I think he suggests Catch Hedge. "3/4 Bottom" for Post, Switch to "All", and Pre-Rotate to "Help and No Rotation" and Help Rules to "All" I believe are some other changes. If you use R1 from that Menu you can set settings per-defender and one change that can sometimes get you easy steals & 8 second violations is settings Extend Pressure to "Yes" for point guards and any other ball handlers that bring the ball up.

On offense it again probably depends on style you want to play in the hafl court. Again I would recommend Sam Pham's videos, but I generally play two styles:

1) Some form of 4 out 1 in offensive freelance and call manual pick and rolls from the top with with worst shooter. You probably want a solid stretch 4 that can shoot if you want to play this way. Early on I made a lot of mistakes passing and turned the ball over, which really leaves you at a disadvantage. If you are having that trouble as well, then I would try a different style or keep practicing.

2) A more post-heavy offense. I really like playing out of the Horns set freelance with motion cuts. If both your 4 and your 5 have good post control and badges like Post Spin Technician you can get a lot of easy buckets doing the post spin off the entry pass into horns. When you start to have success with that the opposing PG will start cheating down, leaving you PG open when he cuts to the basket. Also the wing player cutting to the top will start to be open as the CPU adjusts to trying to collapse and steal from the big with the ball.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:01 AM   #5
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

Get elite defenders and run the floor. Been blowing out every team I've faced because they can't even score. I have: Curry (Sapphire), Klay, Kawhi (Sapphire), Lebron (Sapphire) and Towns (Emerald) as my starters. Off the bench I have moments CP3, Rookie Wade, Emerald Paul George and KD, and Emerald Anthony Davis. Also have Ibaka and Green as backups if needed.

My guards (outside of Curry) are all B and above perimeter defenders, and Lebron is big enough to guard almost any 4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2016, 10:05 AM   #6
Rookie

If you want to cheese play 5-Out-Freelance with 4 or 5 good shooters and run the PnR all day with a strong dunking Center.

Also make sure you have at least 10 FT and 5 3pointers attempted at the end of every game with a decent rate of success.
Old 12-16-2016, 12:22 AM   #7
Rookie

RocketsFan1993's Arena

So, today I tried the defensive settings. I am doing a little better but I am still getting blown out by the Nuggets. The whole team kills me, but Kenneth Faried completely gets rebounds on both ends of the floor and scores a lot. I also start doing a lot worse every consecutive game i do in one playthrough. I hope I can beat Denver eventually.
Old 12-16-2016, 03:05 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketsFan1993
So, today I tried the defensive settings. I am doing a little better but I am still getting blown out by the Nuggets. The whole team kills me, but Kenneth Faried completely gets rebounds on both ends of the floor and scores a lot. I also start doing a lot worse every consecutive game i do in one playthrough. I hope I can beat Denver eventually.
I feel you. If you're having such sustained problems with an "easy" game, then it's a matter of fundamental mechanics and tactics. Stuff like Defensive Settings are details and, if they're the difference between winning and losing, then it won't be long before they're not enough, again.

If you haven't, go through all the 2KU tutorials, do that. You can practice 1-on-1 offense and defense in Blacktop, as well as 2-on-2 and practice 2-man actions.

In 2KU try Scrimmage and practice fundamental stuff without needing to worry about a shot clock or score or whatever.

And here's a bunch of stuff on Domination from last year. Some stuff is not valid any more, some stuff is:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...omination.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »