Home

How do YOU deal with turbo / cut spammers?

This is a discussion on How do YOU deal with turbo / cut spammers? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2016, 06:20 AM   #1
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

OVR: 0
Question How do YOU deal with turbo / cut spammers?

I am in the Diamond league and having my first real trouble getting the rewards for this tier; I thought the quality of play would get higher the higher rank I got, but if anything it's gotten worse and more cheesy, amplified by a lot of diamond player lineups.

I still find that people turboing and passing to their center up court is far too effective even if I manually run my C back under the rim, a lot of the time they catch the ball on the run and the ball just goes through my C for an easy dunk.

The same thing, in half court when they post up with their C or PF around the basket and just cut the other player below the rim, the ball goes through my defender's hand a ton of the time and they either dunk or get fouled even with hands "straight up". Plus there is kind of a "delay" when switching from one big to another to manually contest, where you don't have full control of the player for a second or so, and by then it's too late.

Long story short, what are the current usable methods for stopping this skilless cheese? Are there any defensive settings to adjust to combat this? Even turboing full court with Steve Francis etc into the key makes baskets at far too high a rate, or again gets a bailout foul.

Let's share our anti-cheese tactics
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2016, 07:33 AM   #2
MVP

Re: How do YOU deal with turbo / cut spammers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
I am in the Diamond league and having my first real trouble getting the rewards for this tier; I thought the quality of play would get higher the higher rank I got, but if anything it's gotten worse and more cheesy, amplified by a lot of diamond player lineups.

I still find that people turboing and passing to their center up court is far too effective even if I manually run my C back under the rim, a lot of the time they catch the ball on the run and the ball just goes through my C for an easy dunk.

The same thing, in half court when they post up with their C or PF around the basket and just cut the other player below the rim, the ball goes through my defender's hand a ton of the time and they either dunk or get fouled even with hands "straight up". Plus there is kind of a "delay" when switching from one big to another to manually contest, where you don't have full control of the player for a second or so, and by then it's too late.

Long story short, what are the current usable methods for stopping this skilless cheese? Are there any defensive settings to adjust to combat this? Even turboing full court with Steve Francis etc into the key makes baskets at far too high a rate, or again gets a bailout foul.

Let's share our anti-cheese tactics

Use limit transition in offensive rebounrs and then try the following

Use AI defensive help on 0 and conservative defense so your AI players do not commit foul

Protect paint
Put extended pressure on your opponents ball handlers (usually PG/SG)

If that doesn't work try 2-3 zone

I play PNO and not Myteam but the problem exists there as well

NBA2k17 is a spam fest

It has all problems of 2k15 and 2k16 combined

2k15 spam 3 pt shots? You got it
2K15 baseline drives? You concede a basketball or if you don't have enough time to switch your AI defender will commit a foul
2k15 zone and double team defense? Effective too
2k16 spam passes in the paint? Yes sir
2k16 halfcourt inbound turbo? Yes sir

It is amazing how 2k caters for the cheesers. All these make the game unbarable even playing against PNO teams. Imagine playing against a team with 13 HOF/All-Stars

Last edited by kabamaru; 12-10-2016 at 07:38 AM.
Old 12-10-2016, 07:53 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru

Use AI defensive help on 0 and conservative defense so your AI players do not commit foul

Protect paint

NBA2k17 is a spam fest

2K15 baseline drives? You concede a basketball or if you don't have enough time to switch your AI defender will commit a foul

It is amazing how 2k caters for the cheesers. All these make the game unbarable even playing against PNO teams. Imagine playing against a team with 13 HOF/All-Stars

Please tell me how to use Limit Transition?
Old 12-10-2016, 08:09 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misima
Please tell me how to use Limit Transition?
It is one of the offensive choices regarding rebounding. you may access is through the time-out or you push d-pad right and then you need to choose from R1 somewhere. try it in a scrimmage

It will result your players not jumping for offensive rebounds
Old 12-10-2016, 09:35 AM   #5
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru

Protect paint

NBA2k17 is a spam fest

It's SUCH a pain in the *** that you can't just set "limit transition" as your default coach settings so you don't have to mess around changing all these stupid little options EVERY damn game.

I ended up using 50k MT I had lying around to buy the Ruby Anthony Davis just because he has 80 speed and put a speed shoe on him solely for turboing back under the basket on defense... I won the 3 games I played after that, but stupid we have to do this kind of gimmicky crap to make up for a flawed system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2016, 10:19 AM   #6
MVP

I know

Removing POEs from starting screen is the worse that 2k could do

And no one really understood why they did it, especially since they replaced it with EMPTY space
Old 12-10-2016, 12:34 PM   #7
Banned

Then if they can't sprint 5 out spam dribble moves until they bump by you. You described the diamond league to a T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2016, 03:58 PM   #8
MVP

The passes going by players I think ultimately comes down to their defensive iq /steal abilities and their size really. When I played Amar'e at Center he got burned all the time on passes. All you can do is guess which player they're trying to score with and stay between him and the basket, get your hands up at the rim and cross your fingers.

Make them use clock coming up the court and when the shot clock is winding down you know the guy with the ball will most likely be the one trying to score so quickly bring a help defender over from the weakside. I'm always running guys into passing lanes just trying to break them out of their comfort zone.

I play half-court press and play back with my C so they have to work up the court against PD Isiah. I probably get cleanly beat as often as they force a bad shot or pass.

The problem I've had is with people who play 5 out and everyone can shoot and my rim protector is forced to stay away from the rim. Instead of sending a big to the rim they'll send Lebron or someone who is a really strong finisher. You just have to play matchups and try create your own mismatches. One time my slower defensive big got burned by Bargnani pick and pop midrange all game, now I would just use Sapphire Giannis and he would run circles around him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »