Home

The Auction House

This is a discussion on The Auction House within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2017, 05:57 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
The Auction House

Nothing like a market crash when you are trying to offload a collection of 1000+ cards. Don't know if its the Lockdown cards and new content in league packs but it's a buyers paradise at the moment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2017, 08:11 AM   #42
Rookie

Re: The Auction House

Quote:
Originally Posted by xav777
Nothing like a market crash when you are trying to offload a collection of 1000+ cards. Don't know if its the Lockdown cards and new content in league packs but it's a buyers paradise at the moment.
when you can buy full badged ruby cards (the lockdown collection) at 7000 it is heaven. not so long ago the ruby's were more around 70 000
Old 01-04-2017, 09:17 AM   #43
Rookie

dking30's Arena

Market completely crashed
Old 01-05-2017, 07:35 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jachikevicius
when you can buy full badged ruby cards (the lockdown collection) at 7000 it is heaven. not so long ago the ruby's were more around 70 000
Yep. I've been seeing all the Lockdown Rubies at 5K (PC), regularly. With a few getting down to 4K occasionally. Incredible value.

Ruby Lockdown Gasol for 5K is, overall, a better player than Ruby Big Men Hakeem, who may have cost, say, 40K a month ago. (Much more, just prior to Lockdowns dropping. I sold one on PC for almost 200K and I was late to dump that card.)

With the exception of Diamond Dikembe, the other Lockdown Amethysts and Diamonds are dropping in price on the PC AH. Still totally ridiculous, and so they hopefully can drop much more.

Not counting Rubies, the cost of the Collection yesterday was over 4M MT. Right now, it's maybe more like 3.6M.

Only 10%, but that's still 400K MT. And that's via hacked BIN prices, so if one can actually compete on a legit auction, the cost might be much closer to 3M.

Which is still a huge chunk of what I have, total, but now I think I might feasible be able to complete the collection. Kind of a big dilemma as I would really, really like to be able to complete one more collection for one more Dream Team player.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:08 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jachikevicius
not so long ago the ruby's were more around 70 000
Rubies also used to be the best cards on the AH... they are basically the new Emeralds. This business model is borderline criminal, they might as well be selling air
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2017, 03:44 AM   #46
MVP

Damn, on AH, all the high-end Lockdowns have been dropping steadily. Jerry West especially.

I know it sounds absurd to those of you on consoles, but now BIN cost of all but Rubies is a "cheap" 2,165,000 MT. I overspent by 400K...at least. Think these will still go down at least one more day.

Either pack openings and/or drop rates are much higher than with Playmakers. Could just simply be a function of how ridiculously OP this David Robinson is.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:17 AM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Damn, on AH, all the high-end Lockdowns have been dropping steadily. Jerry West especially.

I know it sounds absurd to those of you on consoles, but now BIN cost of all but Rubies is a "cheap" 2,165,000 MT. I overspent by 400K...at least. Think these will still go down at least one more day.

Either pack openings and/or drop rates are much higher than with Playmakers. Could just simply be a function of how ridiculously OP this David Robinson is.
You mean because more people will be opening packs for DRob? Shouldn't prices therefore stay steady as more people are opening packs to lock in the collection rather than sell for MT?
Old 01-09-2017, 04:21 AM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgedhog
You mean because more people will be opening packs for DRob? Shouldn't prices therefore stay steady as more people are opening packs to lock in the collection rather than sell for MT?
I get your logic: they open packs to get D-Rob and keep the cards they get, because they need to lock in to complete.

But look at it this way: it's a random draw and people will get dupes. Or will dupe what they've already bought on the AH. Across the masses opening packs, this leads to greater supply on the AH and lower prices.

It doesn't take a lot. Especially on the PC AH, where supply is lower. There's a grand total of 48 Diamond Dikembes on the AH right now, so even an influx of just 10 should push price down.

BTW, another bit on the state of the PC AH: only 4 out of the 48 Diamond Dikembe auctions are non-hacked ones.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »