Home

Better reward

This is a discussion on Better reward within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2016, 01:53 PM   #9
Rookie

billiethetree's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Better reward

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieAbuser
Parker a beast, his dribble animations not the best but all you have to do is momentum crossover and then his speed boast dribble and he's fine, slap gold limitless range and he's basically curry, his shot release one of the easiest in the game.

Could you elaborate a little more on what you mean by getting TO into a speed boost dribble? I see guys mention this a lot, but am slightly confused on how to do it.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:17 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammgod97
I am in a similar spot and wondering where to go next.

Here is my lineup: http://2km.tc/17/lineups/157338

I have about 175k mt, I'm 45 cards from Elvin Hayes, and I'm halfway through blacktop level 10.

Would love some feedback from you guys on where to go for blacktop reward and other suggestions.
It's really hard to makes lineup suggestions without understanding your play style. I have Ben Wallace and David Thompson and both are very useful.

I like Wallace because he single handedly allows me to play zone defense really effectively. He's also money on the pick and roll. He also has Defensive Anchor which is key! HOF Defensive Stopper and Hustle Rebounder along with Hardened and High Work Ethic (meh) His downsides are pretty obvious, undersized, no 3 balls, poor FT shooting. When I'm playing zone I don't find the lack of size to be an issue at all, but his lack of shooting will force him to the bench at times.

Thompson is a force, one of the best cards in the game for sure IMO. He's a little undersized for SG, but he really thrives for me as a PG. He's a lockdown defender athletic as they come, posterizes everybody and has Alpha Dog, Microwave and Clutch Performer, once you get his shot down he can even hit threes

Last edited by Foldzy; 12-17-2016 at 10:19 PM.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:00 AM   #11
Rookie

I picked Mikan and so far do not really know what to think. He has decent shooting stats but coldzones all over the place so I don't really like to shot with him. As a defensive player he is good, grabs lots of boards despite his height and has HOF rim protector and defensive anchor. In the post he's been a bit hit and miss for me, sometimes he hits everything and sometimes I can't score with him. For me he's probably not a starting center but someone that is good to have come off the bench.

Funnily enough I like the amethyst picks more and would like to get Marion maybe instead of another diamond player. Thinking of getting Goodrich or Thompson if I ever grind out to level 10 in Blacktop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2016, 07:32 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meller
Funnily enough I like the amethyst picks more
Ya, I wish I could get Stack and World B. Free
Old 12-18-2016, 11:02 AM   #13
Rookie

shammgod97's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
It's really hard to makes lineup suggestions without understanding your play style. I have Ben Wallace and David Thompson and both are very useful.

I like Wallace because he single handedly allows me to play zone defense really effectively. He's also money on the pick and roll. He also has Defensive Anchor which is key! HOF Defensive Stopper and Hustle Rebounder along with Hardened and High Work Ethic (meh) His downsides are pretty obvious, undersized, no 3 balls, poor FT shooting. When I'm playing zone I don't find the lack of size to be an issue at all, but his lack of shooting will force him to the bench at times.

Thompson is a force, one of the best cards in the game for sure IMO. He's a little undersized for SG, but he really thrives for me as a PG. He's a lockdown defender athletic as they come, posterizes everybody and has Alpha Dog, Microwave and Clutch Performer, once you get his shot down he can even hit threes

Okay, thanks for the response. I'll try to sum up play style and feelings about lineup moving forward...

I run plays quite a bit, or at least try to use the freelance options. I run Pace motion w/cuts. I like to try to swing the ball into some ball screens and floppy actions on the weak side. By far the weakest part of my game is ISO driving. I have no concept of dribble moves and wind up mashing buttons, so I avoid that as much as possible. I do like having a 4 who can shoot, or is at least semi-competent. People have raved about Rodman, but I haven't had a lot of success with him. He is a zero on offense, and I feel he just gets rebounded over in MTO by taller guys with weaker stats.

Defensively, I mix on-ball and off-ball. I mostly avoid open court on-ball because of the lag, but once the offense is settled in I try to use it as much as possible.

Mostly I feel like the cards are about to get redundant. I'm close to Elvin, who I guess is a better offensive/worse defensive Rodman. I am three weeks from Willis, who I quite honestly don't see myself using much since I have Mikan. And I am about to get the Blacktop reward, as I said.

So I'm really not sure where to go. As a final note, this is going to be for MTO, which I've been holding off on because of some things I've heard. I am currently on the silver league, trying to go for the 3-0. Got through Bronze league first try, then went 3-1 in my first run through Silver.

So again, thanks to anyone for suggestions. I am leaning towards Thompson or Lucas, I guess, and don't want to badge up MRR, Rip, or anyone else any more until I have an idea where I'm going.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »