Home

Is it even worth the grind kiki

This is a discussion on Is it even worth the grind kiki within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2016, 11:20 PM   #1
Rookie

Joeythebigboss's Arena

OVR: 0
Is it even worth the grind kiki

So I have about 635 cards collected I know not that much. I've saved up about 171,000 Mt also not that much compare to others. I was thinking of trying to get to at least Kiki vandeweghe there are two more Mt reward to get wich should help still I'm assuming I don't have enough. Considering I'll probable have to work the market like a dog would you say it's worth all the trouble? Also how much more Mt do you estimate it will take Thanks in advance

Last edited by Joeythebigboss; 12-20-2016 at 11:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2016, 11:25 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Is it even worth the grind kiki

With all these new good shooters in the game, why would you want him of all people lol. Save yourself the headache from disappointment, save your Mt for someone actually good.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:40 PM   #3
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Kiki is absolutely worth it. His defense is better than you'd expect, especially with a shoe. His release is easy and if you give him Gold Limitless, he's money from anywhere. I've never had a guy hit so many contested threes. He's not a run around the arc and let a three fly kind of player like Steph, but call a play to get him open and he's snowing all game long. Given his atts, you wouldn't expect him to block many shots, but he seems to get one per game for me if I'm not usering him on D.

That extra 200 coins to get Grant Hill is definitely worth it as well. Hill is one of the best cards in the game, without a doubt. I'm about 30 cards away from Bernard King right now. Talk about a grind.

And you can sell back whatever you buy to get them. You've got that big stack of MT, and you'd be silly not to go for these guys.
Old 12-21-2016, 05:40 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 17

Yes, go for him. It's a buyers market you should be able to pick up a ton of card for cheap.
Old 12-21-2016, 08:54 AM   #5
Pro

roboas's Arena

They changed his animations and hot zones about a month ago - it turned him into on of the best players in the game. He can drive and dunk hard now too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2016, 10:59 AM   #6
MVP

justlaze's Arena

agree, the old version was kinda crap with all the cold zones but they fixed this card. he is definitely very decent now, but it's important to utilize plays to get him open. if you run the play correctly his catch and shoot with some space is very deadly. if you looking for some who can create his own shot, I'd say don't go for him though. It's also mentionable that he won't see a lot of action when you achieve higher rewards like Grant Hill and Bernard King.
Old 12-21-2016, 11:37 AM   #7
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

I run him at the 2 with Grant Hill at the 3. I'm 25 cards away from King, and I imagine King will come off the bench for me. I can't imagine King knocking Kiki out of a spot.

You're right that Kiki isn't a shot creator, but his spin jumper tendency is relatively high. His spin jumper animations are really nice and easy, so you can drive toward the baseline, tap then hold the shot button and release when the ball is at his forehead and he's looking at the rim and take your two points. If you don't let off the turbo fast enough, he does his spin layup animation, which is also money.

But really, when you get Kiki, you're what? 300 cards away from Hill? Once you get Hill, you're not going to want to try to create shots with Kiki anyway. You call plays for Kiki with Hill or your PG drawing defenders and get your free points from Kiki open looks that result. I put Gold Brick Wall on most of my players, so off ball screens are even more effective. If you run Quick 2 out of the Spurs playbook for Kiki, he's not going to miss that wide open 3 or deep 2 unless you screw up.
Old 12-21-2016, 12:15 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
agree, the old version was kinda crap with all the cold zones but they fixed this card. he is definitely very decent now, but it's important to utilize plays to get him open. if you run the play correctly his catch and shoot with some space is very deadly. if you looking for some who can create his own shot, I'd say don't go for him though. It's also mentionable that he won't see a lot of action when you achieve higher rewards like Grant Hill and Bernard King.

He's still valuable even if you have King & Hill. King & Hill have similar Play styles Kiki gives you a nice change of pace. You can also play Kiki & King or Kike & Hill together, they can play the 2 or 3 depending on match ups. I start Kiki at the 2 & Hill at the 3 and Kiki does well for me at the 2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »