Home

Stock/Malone

This is a discussion on Stock/Malone within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2016, 06:39 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Stock/Malone

For the first time, I used Ruby Malone quite a bit in a couple of these current scoring Moments Challenges. With good PG's with P&R Maestro, but "only" Gold. So I can only imagine how much better it is with HoF P&R Maestro.

I wonder how the Pick & Roller badge really works. I'm thinking it might give the player more of a burst of speed when rolling, in which case it's a really powerful badge on its own. And I would imagine P&R Maestro, for passing, means that the passer can get much tougher angles to work without interception, so if the roller is already more likely to be open, that's a pretty OP combination.

And with Stockton's good shooting, especially his very solid Off-Dribble ratings, then the P&R Combo is totally complete.

Just a shame how bad Malone's Lateral Quickness and Acceleration is. I wonder how much more potent P&R would be with him using a +9 Speed/Accel shoe...
Old 12-23-2016, 07:12 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiethetree
I always see Horns listed as a freelance, but can never find it in that menu. Help?

It's not on the TO menu screen, you have to call it on the fly.
Old 12-23-2016, 07:29 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Unless you have a stretch 5 you'll be better off using the 98 Jazz playbook than any of the freelance offenses if you're running with a power forward and center who both can't shoot threes.

The spacing on every 98 Jazz play is designed for a power forward who can only shoot mid range jumpers and a center who can't' shoot at all.

I made video demos for the 5 best plays in that playbook back in 2K16 and they still apply to this year's game:

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+jazz+playbook
Old 12-23-2016, 07:35 PM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
For the first time, I used Ruby Malone quite a bit in a couple of these current scoring Moments Challenges. With good PG's with P&R Maestro, but "only" Gold. So I can only imagine how much better it is with HoF P&R Maestro.

I wonder how the Pick & Roller badge really works. I'm thinking it might give the player more of a burst of speed when rolling, in which case it's a really powerful badge on its own. And I would imagine P&R Maestro, for passing, means that the passer can get much tougher angles to work without interception, so if the roller is already more likely to be open, that's a pretty OP combination.

And with Stockton's good shooting, especially his very solid Off-Dribble ratings, then the P&R Combo is totally complete.

Just a shame how bad Malone's Lateral Quickness and Acceleration is. I wonder how much more potent P&R would be with him using a +9 Speed/Accel shoe...
Pnr maestro gives 2 buffs. First, the ball hander gains increase percentage of scoring off shots taken off of a screen. Second, the pass receiver gains increased percentage of shot going in after setting a pick for somebody with pnr maestro and receiving pass from that same player.

Pick and roller badge gives a buff so after the screen rolls from a pick and receives the ball his shot has a higher chance of going in, whether it's a dunk, layup, or shot, the badge still activates.

When you combine the buff from purple pnr badge, purple pnr badge, on top of purple dimer of course.. What you are getting is so many buffs to that shot going in. Malone all of a sudden is hitting ridiculously tough off balance, contact, and contested Layups coming off of the rolls.
Old 12-23-2016, 08:54 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba13laze
When you combine the buff from purple pnr badge, purple pnr badge, on top of purple dimer of course.. What you are getting is so many buffs to that shot going in. Malone all of a sudden is hitting ridiculously tough off balance, contact, and contested Layups coming off of the rolls.
Thanks for the explanation on the mechanics. That all makes sense to me. I was wondering if it might influence animations too, as there seems to be some variance in the animations that players will have coming off from setting the screen, into a roll or a fade...sometimes they burst harder into the roll than at other times, and sometimes they fade further away than at other times. Wondered if this might be due to badging and not just tendencies/ratings.

On the topic of stacking badge buffs, I wonder how far that goes...i.e. thinking about:

P&R Maestro + Pick&Roller + Dimer + Lob Passer + Lob Finisher

or

P&R Maestro + Pick&Popper + Dimer + Catch & Shoot + Deadeye/Limitless

That's a lot of buffing going on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2016, 12:13 AM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Thanks for the explanation on the mechanics. That all makes sense to me. I was wondering if it might influence animations too, as there seems to be some variance in the animations that players will have coming off from setting the screen, into a roll or a fade...sometimes they burst harder into the roll than at other times, and sometimes they fade further away than at other times. Wondered if this might be due to badging and not just tendencies/ratings.

On the topic of stacking badge buffs, I wonder how far that goes...i.e. thinking about:

P&R Maestro + Pick&Roller + Dimer + Lob Passer + Lob Finisher

or

P&R Maestro + Pick&Popper + Dimer + Catch & Shoot + Deadeye/Limitless

That's a lot of buffing going on.
I don't know the exact numbers, but think about it this way. Let's say bronze catch and shoot adds 5% chance, silver 10%, gold 15%, and purple 25% of the shot going in. You add on all the stacked buffs and you may be taking a shot that usually drops 40% of the time and making it drop 60% of the time.

Ultimately what happens is things like shot release timing and whether or not the shot is contested become less significant variables.

As for animations I'm not sure if that has to do with badges. My guess is the players energy has more to do with that.
Old 12-24-2016, 09:32 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 17
Stock/Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba13laze
Pnr maestro gives 2 buffs. First, the ball hander gains increase percentage of scoring off shots taken off of a screen. Second, the pass receiver gains increased percentage of shot going in after setting a pick for somebody with pnr maestro and receiving pass from that same player.

Pick and roller badge gives a buff so after the screen rolls from a pick and receives the ball his shot has a higher chance of going in, whether it's a dunk, layup, or shot, the badge still activates.

To my understanding & base off the description of the badge PnR Maestro doesn't increase the shot percentage of the pass receiver. It boost pass accuracy and shot percentage for the ball handler only. Also pick & roller doesn't increase shot percentage for the ball handler.

2k14 was the last time they disclosed boost value form badges, they were called signature skills back then. The values most likely aren't the same but we they shouldn't be much different.

http://www.operationsports.com/featu...-skills-guide/

I haven't use them yet but I plan on using them with flow freelance.

Last edited by Scramz718; 12-24-2016 at 09:35 AM.
Old 12-24-2016, 01:09 PM   #24
Rookie

I just picked him up and hope he will help me finally win in the Ruby seed. I swept it before and now am lucky to get two wins before getting sent back. Never have liked Curry as my other point guard since I never am consistent with his shot and his defense is suspect.

I feel like there's a huge difference in the top level point guards and everyone else. I still like to play with the others but if you want to win consistently you have to go with the best.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »