Home

Alonzo Mourning worth it?

This is a discussion on Alonzo Mourning worth it? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2016, 01:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Alonzo Mourning worth it?

After some unusual myteam serendipity I am sitting pretty on 150k mt and I am thinking of getting Diamond Zo to fill up my starting center spot. I have Hakeem there right now, and while he is very good offensively, his defensive ratings don't really translate onto the court. Does anyone who have him think he (Zo) is worth the price?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2016, 03:00 AM   #2
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Re: Alonzo Mourning worth it?

I have Zo just because he is my favourite player ever, and this year he is really good in game. They greatly buffed his FT and post fade this year so he has more tools than in previous versions. I run him alongside the ruby Tim Hardaway whenever I can for the extra boosts, which turns his FT into money, ups his rebounding on both ends, and gives him 99 Shot Contest, which when coupled with hall of fame Rim Protector is godly.

Of course, he can't shoot - he gets buffed to 70 midrange with Hardaway but has one of THE most awkward releases in the game (which looks nothing like how he shot in real life, by the way...), and he is relatively short for C at only 6ft 10.

You also get kind of stuck with a Heat supporting cast of Ruby Glen Rice, and Ruby Shaq requires Rookie Dwyane Wade alongside him to function properly, so it's not without compromises, but he's my favourite card in the game and I don't see the need to upgrade him until late in the game's cycle when more tall diamonds are out there.

Plus he comes with Defensive Anchor badge which is a big buff in itself.
Old 12-23-2016, 12:25 PM   #3
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Even with all of the great big men that were released lately, Zo is still the best ived used. He's the most well rounded C in the game. Elite on defense and elite on offense down low.

He's one of a very few cards with HOF rim protector. He blocks or contests everything.

He'll be my starting Center until a diamond Hakeem comes out
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 12-23-2016, 12:47 PM   #4
Pro

150k would not finish that collection lol unless ruby shaq going for cheap and I haven't notice.
Old 12-23-2016, 01:51 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieAbuser
150k would not finish that collection lol unless ruby shaq going for cheap and I haven't notice.
LMK when ANY Historic Collection is <150k

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »