Home

Favorite lower-tier card you can't stop using?

This is a discussion on Favorite lower-tier card you can't stop using? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2016, 12:47 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
Favorite lower-tier card you can't stop using?

Sure everyone likes Penny and some of the Dynamic Duo Emeralds are pretty fantastic. But for me, its the Tanned One, Dan Majerle. He's just good at everything:

http://mtdb.com/17/players/dan-majerle-1

85 open mid, 85 open 3, 75 driving dunk, 78 speed/speed with ball, 95 stanima, 90! shot contest. All in an 81 card.

I could go on. He's got a space on my bench even with the Sapphires, Rubies and above moving in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2016, 01:41 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Favorite lower-tier card you can't stop using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl
Sure everyone likes Penny and some of the Dynamic Duo Emeralds are pretty fantastic. But for me, its the Tanned One, Dan Majerle. He's just good at everything:

http://mtdb.com/17/players/dan-majerle-1

85 open mid, 85 open 3, 75 driving dunk, 78 speed/speed with ball, 95 stanima, 90! shot contest. All in an 81 card.

I could go on. He's got a space on my bench even with the Sapphires, Rubies and above moving in.
Majerle is a stud. His Ruby is great too. I kept the emerald (that I used all the way thru my 1st time in Sapphire League) to use in offline challenges.

EDIT.
Being in Amethyst League now, Im reluctant to use any Emeralds. But Sapphire Battier's defense keeps him on my bench, and I started him in my last 2 Ruby league wins.

Emerald OR Sapphire Kawhi. Defensive stud
Moments Dwight Howard
Moments Deandre
Sapphire Antonio Davis - mainly bc of his FT rating, but great card aside from that anyways

I still use the above cards. Except Dwight

Last edited by Offballer4life; 12-23-2016 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-23-2016, 02:13 PM   #3
MVP

Emerald Majerle is great for price, but if you can upgrade him it's wise, as he has low Off Consistency. Same with Emerald to Sapphire Kawhi I think.

I think the Emeralds who most regularly get into better lineups for me are Rockets Artest, Rookies Kidd and Penny and KG, and Wall+Boogie.
Old 12-23-2016, 02:34 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Emerald Majerle is great for price, but if you can upgrade him it's wise, as he has low Off Consistency. Same with Emerald to Sapphire Kawhi I think.

I think the Emeralds who most regularly get into better lineups for me are Rockets Artest, Rookies Kidd and Penny and KG, and Wall+Boogie.
Good call on OFFCON. Although, IDGAF about that with Kawhi. He is just there for his defense. For me, at least. Although, I prefer Battier.
Old 12-23-2016, 03:08 PM   #5
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Half because I'm a cheapskate and won't pay for an upgrade and half because the man just performs, but I love using Emerald Mutombo. He'll run with any shooting PG and just performs. Defense, boards, and standing dunks are all I need from C right now and he delivers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2016, 03:11 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00
Half because I'm a cheapskate and won't pay for an upgrade and half because the man just performs, but I love using Emerald Mutombo. He'll run with any shooting PG and just performs. Defense, boards, and standing dunks are all I need from C right now and he delivers.
HOF Rim Protector and Defensive Anchor make him a steal. Not sure hes a viable option after Sapphire League tho.
Old 12-23-2016, 03:15 PM   #7
Pro

Bi00's Arena

I've played ~10 games with him in Amy+ leagues. He definitely lacks the all around game but the players that are upgrades considering his skillset are super expensive. Good thing is if you play him then your lineup is more likely to face lower competition. So instead of Shaq, Ewing, or Zo, you will more likely face Cousins, Hakeem, etc.
Old 12-23-2016, 03:35 PM   #8
Rookie

I second Emerald Mutombo. Sapphire T-Ross and Sapphire Horry are beasts as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »