Home

Weekly Challanges...

This is a discussion on Weekly Challanges... within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2017, 10:50 PM   #25
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Weekly Challanges...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHennessyWilliams
people sleeping on that kevin johnson.. he is a beast.
Especially since he can wear Converse shoes that people throw away for 250 MT. He's only slightly less explosive than Francis due to some weaker animations, but faster, a better passer and dunks just as much for me.

Sidenote: anybody know what's after Willis Reed? I fell a week behind on vacation and won't be able to get him until next week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2017, 11:11 PM   #26
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdatyt
Especially since he can wear Converse shoes that people throw away for 250 MT. He's only slightly less explosive than Francis due to some weaker animations, but faster, a better passer and dunks just as much for me.

Sidenote: anybody know what's after Willis Reed? I fell a week behind on vacation and won't be able to get him until next week.
Diamond George McGinnis 95 OVR
Old 01-11-2017, 03:39 PM   #27
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

Any tips on getting the 3 blocks against Dallas? Embarrassingly I have KAT and Dikemebe I'm trying to bait Bogut into a shot by sagging off him and it's not working. What's giving me trouble is 1-4 they are all shooters they don't go to the rim.

Last edited by P234thetruth; 01-11-2017 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:54 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 9

Willis is real nice. Only 6-9 but can defend any of the modern big like Boogie and Davis. I haven't tried him on a Ewing or Shaq but few can really hang with them anyway. His speed is nice and he's a great finisher. I use him at center off the bench alongside Elvin Hayes or even KD at the 4. I also have diamond Russell and Reed isn't much worse.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:48 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I gave Elgin Baylor a ball control shoe so that he could speed boost, but his dribbling animations are just too slow for it to make much of a difference. I don't like his standing shot or his dunk animations, either.

His post fade and moving mid range are basically his only good scoring animations. Even with his hall of fame difficult shots badge, you can't really take moving threes since he has no hot zones behind the arc and his base rating is a 75. On offense, this card is essentially a smaller, quicker version of Bernard King, only with better post fade and pullup jumper animations.

I think instead of a ball control shoe you're better off giving him a lateral quickness shoe to make his on-ball defense elite.

It's also a letdown that he only has 7 badges and 6 open badge slots. There are tons of ruby and amethyst cards in this game that come with better badging than this pink diamond Elgin Baylor. He even got shortchanged on personality badges, only coming with alpha dog and clutch performer.

Last edited by jyoung; 03-17-2017 at 10:33 PM.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:50 PM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I gave Elgin Baylor a ball control shoe so that he could speed boost but his dribbling animations are just too slow for it to make much of a difference. I don't like his standing shot or his dunk animations, either.

His post fade and moving mid range are basically his only good scoring animations. On offense, this card is basically a smaller, quicker version of Bernard King only with better post fade and pullup jumper animations.
Well crap. I've been waiting a long time to get a pink diamond on the squad, and I'm still two weeks away because I missed a few along the way. I've been really looking forward to Baylor! Maybe I'll like his dribbling and jump shot more than you...at least I hope so.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:57 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I gave Elgin Baylor a ball control shoe so that he could speed boost, but his dribbling animations are just too slow for it to make much of a difference.
Thanks for this. This was the first thing I was wondering about him...sold his Amethyst last week, so couldn't test with it.

Agree with pretty much everything you said, though I'm far from disappointed by the prospect of him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2017, 11:15 PM   #32
Pro

Im pretty disappointed with the PD Elgin Baylor. They put a pf/c build into a 6'5 frame, so even with a 90+ speed he dribbles and runs like a big. Only way this card gets better is if they fix the animation to a wing package because right now he dribbles like Pachulia.

The Paul Pierce is a better card since it can shoot and defend better with the steals, blocks and strength.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »