Home

How do you guys deal against deny all defensive setting

This is a discussion on How do you guys deal against deny all defensive setting within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2017, 05:38 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: How do you guys deal against deny all defensive setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Playing cuts against deny is cheesy? If a defender IRL basketball stucks up on you, wouldn't you do the exact same thing?
Well, to me, it's kind of cheesy. Not if opponent tries mass Deny, because then they deserve it. But because, even with Tight or Moderate coverage, I think cutters beat their man more frequently than should be possible.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:41 PM   #18
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Well, to me, it's kind of cheesy. Not if opponent tries mass Deny, because then they deserve it. But because, even with Tight or Moderate coverage, I think cutters beat their man more frequently than should be possible.
In my opinion, not that cheesy because this is one of the chess matches that happens in games. Cutters punish poor defenders, poor settings, and player awareness. A smart player will adjust with their CPU settings, personnel, and play style.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:50 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00
In my opinion, not that cheesy because this is one of the chess matches that happens in games. Cutters punish poor defenders, poor settings, and player awareness. A smart player will adjust with their CPU settings, personnel, and play style.
I get what you're saying. Maybe I'm overexaggerating the success rate of cuts when defense is not set to Deny, but I think that one can get a successful cut very frequently on Tight.

And, if so, then the opponent doesn't really have to overplay in off-ball pressure to be caught by cuts.

And then the game becomes less basketball...and more Missile Command.

But to be clear: I definitely agree that someone overusing Deny should have his behind handed to him with backdoor cuts.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:38 PM   #20
MVP

Let's keep things straight.

Deny all doesn't exist irl

It is a tactic only implemented in 2k because of psychic cpu defense.

I dare anyone to show me a game where any team doesn't provide help whatsoever.

If someone applies this tactic in game he does it because he believes he would get an advantage by playing a completely unrealistic type of basketball.

It would take a lot of nerve for a guy that plays an unrealistic type of basketball to challenge me for how I play to COUNTER it, especially since cuts would be the way to go in a real life scenario too

Is like someone starting 5 centers and then challenging me if I would do full court press.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:59 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Playing cuts against deny is cheesy? If a defender IRL basketball stucks up on you, wouldn't you do the exact same thing?

The only abuse in the deny all tactic is the fact that can be implemented

This thing doesn't really exist irl basketball. It only exists because On-ball CPY plays magnetic/psychic defense. All this grabs/push/pulls are fouls irl.

I can show you tonsof examples irl that I player does a cut after playing denied

Can you show me ANY real life example where any team plays deny all and no help defense on any player?

Even if it WAS cheese is called RE-action. Someone plays something completely unrealistic. Shouldn't I find a way to fight it back?
After all it is THEIR choice (or maybe I sould say your) to play this kind of unrealistic defense. It is not that I choose that they will not provide any rotation
To each it's own I guess.
I should have been more specific i guess. The way i read your post i assumed thats all you did last year, just katana cheese and this year it doesn't work so you asked a question. Thats my fault, i didn't mean you were a cheeser, its just last year i had this guy iso with one player, call his center then pass him the ball and do give and go while 5-0 ALL GAME. People still do this, so i was replying with that in mind. Otherwise i agree with you.
While you can stop its, its highly annoying.

Last edited by Yukk; 01-04-2017 at 07:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2017, 07:06 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukk
I should have been more specific i guess. The way i read your post i assumed thats all you did last year, just katana cheese and this year it doesn't work so you asked a question. Thats my fault, i didn't mean you were a cheeser, its just last year i had this guy iso with one player, call his center then pass him the ball and do give and go while 5-0 ALL GAME. People still do this, so i was replying with that in mind. Otherwise i agree with you.
While you can stop its, its highly annoying.
It's all good man. As I said to the original post, I refuse to play 5 out even if that could be an easier way out just because of the unrealistic part

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »