Home

CPU scripting is real...

This is a discussion on CPU scripting is real... within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2017, 05:00 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: CPU scripting is real...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8board
So much truth in this...
Old 01-07-2017, 01:11 PM   #18
Pro

This game.

Ughhhhhh

Up 14 after 1st quarter. Then my team went to sleep.
For. Real. Made 2 shots in the 2nd. AI committed 6 fouls. I had 2 reach in fouls myself. 8 total. And there was still a minute to go.

I even adjusted to "conservative", which I NEVER do.

The rest of the game continued on with the same ridiculousness happening. Kobe missing wide open corner 3s. Meanwhile opponent's emerald Harden gets 3 and1s. Cool. Before the 4th quarter, I checked the comparison. 18 team fouls to his 5. IIRC I committed 2 in the 1st quarter. Never put opponent in the bonus in the 1st. And never sent to line. Almost all of the fouls in the second led to trips to the line. What. Is. This. I lost by 18. I just laughed...

?

Dude didn't have shoes on any of his players. Had a comparable starting 5 to me. Bench was sapphire average .

I hate to mention this, but I truly think this relates. I spend $$ on VC. Basically just to flip the trash I pull from packs. I rarely ever pull anything that I can sell for more than 5k. I get much more excited about badges now. I just pulled emerald moments Randolph and put it up for 8k. Surprisingly it sold. I opened 27 packs yesterday. Sapphire Gordon Hayward was my best pull. Ok. Things happen. I opened 31 today...thinking that my pulls have to be better than yesterday. Nope. That Randolph was my top pull. Got piles of silver and gold moments and currents. Nothing better than emerald kyrie.

Uhwut. I don't get upset about this stuff. I know it's legal gambling. I'm not here to complain about that.

But after 600 MTO games....I'm not skilled enough to get past amethyst league? And I drop 2 tiers in 2 days....from amy to Sapph? Really? Most of these games involve at least 1 quarter of complete team meltdown. I run a smart game. I switch between sets, have money plays (and a variety of other techniques to create buckets), play really good defense, etc. But between Magic and Kobe missing full white bar FTs, and literally missing open dunks and alley oops (at seemingly the most opportune times for a change of momentum to occur). I call timeouts appropriately. I am smart with matchups. My. Shots. Just. Refuse. To. Fall. It wouldn't be a complaint if I regularly witnessed my opponent's experiencing the same thing. Nope.

I could keep going about this. But my overall point is this...
Is there a fix? Something is fishy.
Do I think there is a relation between these instances of extremely underperforming entire teams and a user's spending habits?? Yes.

I'm even going to take it a step further and say that pack odds are tied to this. Especially If 2K knows I'm going to drop 50 bucks every couple weeks.

Don't even start with the crap that I'm a kook for thinking this, and I just need to accept it as a bad run, poor skills, etc. Companies invest buttloads of money in PR(propaganda), market research, and all sorts of behind-the-scenes buffoonery that we have no idea about.

If you think that electronic gambling isn't fixed to keep someone coming back, you're being very naive. I hate to pull the age card here, but at 36yo..I wasn't born yesterday...figuratively or literally.

Discuss.
Or ignore my ramblings and pass me of as some sort of conspiracy theorist.

And yes, 9/11 was a lie. Lol.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:04 PM   #19
MVP

There are too many variables in any player's experience. And I wouldn't say that you're crazy for feeling as you do, or perceiving a pattern in your experience.

That said, do you think your experience is part of an overall pattern? Is it an outlier and somehow you're the unlucky bastard?

Because somebody has to win a PvP game. And lots of people have prestiged multiple times.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:51 PM   #20
Rookie

didak7's Arena

Ahh.... great to see I'm not the only one who conspires to think 2k are turning me into a mad man after playing this game
Old 01-07-2017, 07:21 PM   #21
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

The gameplay in MTO is just so far removed from what happens in pretty much all other games modes that it is very hard to enjoy with all the mismatched difficulty levels, players suddenly becoming unresponsive, missing wide open shots with good shooters vs. opponent hitting contested with trash shooters, etc.

This type of stuff just doesn't happen nearly as much in Play Now Online or Team Up, so I don't blame people for feeling cheated.

I think all the custom assets they allow in MyTeam such as courts, jerseys etc. also makes the game a lot laggier and less smooth than other modes as well, which certainly doesn't help the feeling of not having proper control responsiveness.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2017, 08:59 PM   #22
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
The gameplay in MTO is just so far removed from what happens in pretty much all other games modes that it is very hard to enjoy with all the mismatched difficulty levels, players suddenly becoming unresponsive, missing wide open shots with good shooters vs. opponent hitting contested with trash shooters, etc.

This type of stuff just doesn't happen nearly as much in Play Now Online or Team Up, so I don't blame people for feeling cheated.

I think all the custom assets they allow in MyTeam such as courts, jerseys etc. also makes the game a lot laggier and less smooth than other modes as well, which certainly doesn't help the feeling of not having proper control responsiveness.
I knew I wasn't crazy when I think that away games on custom courts are laggier than home games, especially the childish all black courts.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:17 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
I knew I wasn't crazy when I think that away games on custom courts are laggier than home games, especially the childish all black courts.
There MUST have been an option to see generic courts and jerseys and balls when playing away

Last night I played a cheeser with 11 diamond players that denied all, all game
in offense he played half-court inbound turbo, and when I stopped it he played 5-out and cuts and I had like 80% FG because I was just spamming p'n'r all game because he played with no help at all.

No surprize he was using black court/black jerseys and a disco-ball or something

The game was laggy as hell

I am using custom jerseys and court as well, but they are based on my real-life team

White home jerseys, green away jerseys, wooden floor, euroleague ball

I would have NO issue whatsoever if this "custom" settings were available in offline modes only if this would help the lag
Even if this does not effect lag, it is exploited as hell to "visual cheese" and I would want it out in any offline mode

Are there any black courts and balls in the NBA? If there are not, why are you able to create one?
Old 01-08-2017, 10:19 AM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Are there any black courts and balls in the NBA? If there are not, why are you able to create one?
Probably the same reason David Robinson can shoot 3s like Klay Thompson

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »