Home

Diamond Shoes List

This is a discussion on Diamond Shoes List within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2017, 11:34 PM   #201
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Diamond Shoes List

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
as you might know I'm also a KG and Oscar Fan
this is the perfect shoe for Oscar... congrats ... I hope I can find this one within my next two sweeps aswell
It does look great for him. I'm also considering it for KG because honestly, with his decent ball handling, elite speed w/ball and a PnR Maestro badge, I might try running some 4/5 pick and rolls with him against less mobile 4s just to be a jerk. All three of the boosts could come into play on those PnRs. Curry and Dr. J sold for a combined 721K, so I've got plenty to work with. I think I'm going to try getting one of the two with a Diamond shoe, then putting this one on the other guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2017, 11:59 PM   #202
MVP

With Magics and other Oscars in mind, the shoe I like for him is a regular one...the Jordan that gives +9 Low Post DIQ and also +6 Post Fade and +9 Post Hook. Gets him up to about as good as it gets for post defense in a guard, and also incredible post offense for a guard, with 97 Fade and 97 Hook to go with the 88 Post Control.

That said, I've had that Air Jordan I Diamond shoe for forever...+9 Vert, +9 Driving Dunk, and +9 Speed with Ball. 3 points in the SWB would be wasted on Oscar, in maxing him out at 99 SWB, but the other two boosts would be fully used, and used well, to get him to 98 Vertical and 84 Driving Dunk.

Maybe that would be more effective, but I always feel cheesy just launching guys into driving animations, especially when they're someone like Oscar, or Harden, and they get a stupid amount of And-1's. Seems like there's little skill involved.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:08 AM   #203
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
With Magics and other Oscars in mind, the shoe I like for him is a regular one...the Jordan that gives +9 Low Post DIQ and also +6 Post Fade and +9 Post Hook. Gets him up to about as good as it gets for post defense in a guard, and also incredible post offense for a guard, with 97 Fade and 97 Hook to go with the 88 Post Control.

That said, I've had that Air Jordan I Diamond shoe for forever...+9 Vert, +9 Driving Dunk, and +9 Speed with Ball. 3 points in the SWB would be wasted on Oscar, in maxing him out at 99 SWB, but the other two boosts would be fully used, and used well, to get him to 98 Vertical and 84 Driving Dunk.

Maybe that would be more effective, but I always feel cheesy just launching guys into driving animations, especially when they're someone like Oscar, or Harden, and they get a stupid amount of And-1's. Seems like there's little skill involved.
I had those exact Diamond shoes on Oscar when I had him before and they were tremendous. They made him extra OP in transition and on drives, and even his rebounding was noticeably better thanks to the nearly maxed out vert and his great rebounding attributes. I sold him for 330K just before the most recent crash, and he's currently going for about half that. I don't really regret selling him because I wanted to try out some other elite players and I made a profit even after having him for months (I paid 274K originally). I'm hopeful I can get him with that same shoe or a similar one for around 200K. I'd consider that a win overall.

Last edited by Nickstank; 06-28-2017 at 12:35 AM.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:49 PM   #204
Rookie

NickStank how did you like 98 Curry? I just sold my beloved Pistol Pete so I can get him.

Just lost one game in Ruby 3rd prestige so I have to start over ugh wish they had a reset in league.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:19 PM   #205
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidKain
NickStank how did you like 98 Curry? I just sold my beloved Pistol Pete so I can get him.

Just lost one game in Ruby 3rd prestige so I have to start over ugh wish they had a reset in league.
Curry is super fun. His dribbles are cheesy, he's super quick, and oh man...that shooting. I really enjoyed him in the short time I had him, but he's one of those guys (much like Pistol Pete) that caused me to change how I play in a negative way. Because his shooting and dribbling are so OP and fun, I found myself taking ill-advised shots just because I knew they'd go in at a decent rate. I've learned I play better with an attacking/distributing point guard surrounded by shooters and at least one great post big. That's why I'm getting Oscar back.

Curry is the very best for anyone looking for their point guard to be their top scorer. I like to spread things around a lot, and I was doing that less with Curry because every time I didn't shoot with him felt like a waste haha. He's also undersized on defense at this point because there are so many great PGs that are also huge (Magic, Oscar, Penny, plus LeBron/Giannis cheesers). I like my PG to be elite on D and be able to hang in the post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2017, 07:50 PM   #206
MVP

I think I've said this before, here, but I don't care much about Curry this year, after they nerfed his shot by taking away his super-quick release. I don't think he's so exceptional at manufacturing shot opportunities, as a result, but even 98 Curry is still an exceptionally good target to post up on and exploit in the paint...with someone like Oscar, as well as GP and others.

People can juke me out here and there with someone like Curry, but not to a dramatic extent, and not necessarily uniquely.

I feel like Curry might hit one or two extra threes per game that are stupid contested/off-balance shots, but that's not a big enough edge, in my mind, to accept his liability in defending post-ups and drives by really physical guards like Magic, Oscar, this new PD Westbrook, Harden, and even PD Wade and others...
Old 06-29-2017, 02:53 AM   #207
Rookie

Thanks for the responses fellas he's my favorite player so I figure I try him out that and it's the end of the game cycle. Nickstank I know exactly what you mean with having that urge to shoot but I've supressed that having Bird, JR, and Pistol Pete for a while. As far as getting posted up I feel the same way about that as Harryl feels about getting contested 3s hit on him, you might get a couple buckets down low with Big O and Oscar but unless you're spamming it you're not going to beat me that way. Also I have penny with rim protector or if all else fails I could hide Curry off ball like in real life lol.

I did put Rim protector on Pete and had decent success with guarding Magic as long as he didn't establish deep post position despite pete on having a 54 low post defense rating. I wonder how Curry would Fair with rim protector having 40 low post defense. He's two inches shorter and 15 pounds lighter than Pete which I'm sure plays a factor.

Side note: I used Jerry West while I'm waiting on Curry Bid and I forgot how good he is. Despite not having those deep HOF shooting badges he's lights out, handles are so tight he's deadly in PNR

Last edited by KidKain; 06-29-2017 at 02:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »