Home

High Pass Perception team to counter paint pass and cut cheese?

This is a discussion on High Pass Perception team to counter paint pass and cut cheese? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2016, 06:05 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: High Pass Perception team to counter paint pass and cut cheese?

As in real life, so in the game it is VERY difficult for any player to stop Shaq when he receives the ball in the post.

Also irl Big Ben couldn't do a lot when Shaq was receiving the ball either

However there are things than you can exploit when using a Wallace vs Shaq.

You can try to play in front and he will intercept a lot of passes to the paint.

Also players seem to think only about offense in the game. Shaq and a lot of other post-up Centers (like Cousins etc) combined with a Curry etc is the most certain way you will concede a basket after a simple central p'n'r

Wallace acceleration can reach 88 with a simple 250 MT silver shoe, and while other post-up centers will need 10 post-up shots to score 12 points against Wallace, he will score the same points with 6/6 simple dunks or lobs after picks.

Of course it all comes down to your playstyle.

I like 4 out 1 with p'n'r and I require from my Center to perform brick walls in screens, roll, get the rebounds and dunks. Gold DeAndre was my starting center when I first reached PD league (before Domination)

ANd the comparison on the defensive side of Wallce vs Mikan is absurd

Mikan is only 1" taller and has -37 shot contest and -22 in vertical
Most of the times I am not even jumping with Wallace. I just raise my hands to contest
Old 12-30-2016, 06:47 PM   #10
Rookie

shammgod97's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: High Pass Perception team to counter paint pass and cut cheese?

I think it really does come down to play style, and I'm not sure why people are obsessive about who is "better". I've been run over by squads with only emeralds, and vice versa.

I have Mikan, and there are good and bad things. The jumper really helps if you like to pick and pop. I run a lot of pace, and when I'm not being hacked to death and I can actually play basketball, I love the double screen in the corner out of the set. Wing and Mikan come down for a hard double and Mikan is often left open for a short jumper or even a three. Also, he pick and pops baseline to wing on a quick rotation or skip pass. He's also not a defensive waste, although his shot blocking is very weak imo. He's also susceptible to poke from behinds and double teams in the post, but I've found that with every center. YMMV.

That being said, Wallace can do the inverse of all of those things equally well, and he's faster and stronger to boot. You hit on a key point, though, and that is jumping. My Mikan does much better against guys with Wallace who like to jump. He drops my gold posterizer to bronze, but he also tools or gets out of position.

Final thought.... Some people have suggested that stats don't always matter. I can't say. So to say that Wallace sucks or Mikan is better, that's really dependent on what you're looking to do.

Sadly, I wind up using Manute Bol because of the number of people who insist on Bradley, Muresan, etc. I think he's one of my top three scorers from the number of people who double team and run turbo at my pg drilling square repeatedly.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »