Home

Worth locking Historic Rockets for Drexler?

This is a discussion on Worth locking Historic Rockets for Drexler? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2017, 10:03 AM   #1
MVP

justlaze's Arena

OVR: 0
Worth locking Historic Rockets for Drexler?

What's good guys?

After hearing so much good stuff about Ralph Sampson, I finally managed to pick him up for 133k along with 7 Gold Badges and the Diamond Contact Dunk Shoe. I was suprised I got him for that amount, because he went for 190k yesterday.

I also managed to get all Sapphs and cheaper cards for around 100k because of the market crash and now I'm only missing Ruby Hayes.

So do you believe it's the right move to pick up Hayes and lock the collection for Drexler? I mean basically he looks like my type of player because I love having Slashers at the 2 and overall his stats look pretty nasty: http://2kmtcentral.com/17/players/8039/clyde-drexler
Guess you can give him a speed shoe and he is good to go.

Would be great if anyone could give some feedback!

The only cons I see is that we are at the edge of the Diamond Tier, where more and more diamond players will get released in packs and 300k might be not justified for him anymore. In addition we know there will be a better version, but me personally I doubt I'm gonna lock those super pricey collections unless we are talking of PD Jordan or similar.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2017, 10:08 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Worth locking Historic Rockets for Drexler?

I would say no for two reasons mainly: I wanted to get him until I realized he was similar to gauntlet reward Clyde from 2k16 who became useless to me in a heartbeat; and there's a Dream Team Clyde coming up. So, in my opinion, Just keep Sampson and flip the rest.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:41 AM   #3
Rookie

I got Clyde quite early in the game because I was collecting for him immediately. I have now Wilkins, Hill, Hudson, Larry J, king and so on... But he always a find a spot on my squad. I love him. He can do so much things. The question is when will the USA Clyde drop. But I guess, they will release reward Clyde earlier than USA, anything else wouldn't make sense

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2017, 10:43 AM   #4
Pro

roboas's Arena

I've had Clyde for a couple months, and he's been the only one of my starting 5 that has not left my lineup over that period. He is the best dunking guard in the game in my opinion, and I have diamond Nique. Despite his slow speed, he has "slippery" drive and dribbling moves that get him by people. He can standing dunk. His defense is the best of any 2 if you factor in his height. I haven't been lit up by Klay Thompson since he arrived. His offense is multidimensional - he can shoot 3s, post people up, and drive. His driving layup annimaitons trigger enough so he doesn't get blocked as much as other dunkers going to the rim. For those claiming that he's just another version of the blacktop Clyde from last year, my response to that is no, he's much much better. And that clyde last year was pretty good too.

Given all that, is he "worth it"? Hard to say. I would describe him as a suped-up version of the amethyst Kobe. Better stats and size (not speed), with the same range of offensive options. Kobe is like a 45K card. Clyde is gonna run you about 300k. The biggest threat is that a diamond or better SG card becomes available in packs (not a collection reward). It could be MJ, AI, Kobe, USA Clyde - the usual suspects - and then your Clyde won't make your starting lineup or bench. I can't predict the future and have no idea how 2k plans to go about releasing the next wave of better players.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:09 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

We might see 2 more versions of Clyde besides this one. Team USA & a Portland card. He spent his prime years in Portland so one can assume a Portland card will be better than his Rickets cards and it will be available in packs. 2k is also unpredictable so who knows.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2017, 11:13 AM   #6
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Thanks for the quick responses. I think I'll just wait a bit and see what Tuesday's release brings. I probably won't go for USA Clyde, but I don't wanna spend 300k right away, if there might be an alternative card for the half of the price incoming. If themes aren't satisfying and I see a cheap Hayes I might just get Clyde though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »