Home

Lockdown theme

This is a discussion on Lockdown theme within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2017, 10:35 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Lockdown theme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
I don't know why people keep saying Big Ben is going to be obsolete, he's the best zone defender in the game.
i played against Big Ben a zillion times and except for his speed when attacking the rim he never impressed me for his defense.
i had more troubles against the Bols and the Bradleys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2017, 10:41 AM   #42
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
Yeah because zone is a viable strategy against anyone decent at the game.
Zone can be effective against halfcourt inbound cheesers though
Old 01-03-2017, 11:01 AM   #43
Pro

No lie whenever someone play that crap 5 out offense I play 3-2 and clamp that scrub tactics up easy, it work against top players just got to know how to run it perfect.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:13 AM   #44
MVP

Zone isn't crap you just need the right personnel IE Ben Wallace, you need guys that can zip around and close out on shooters or you'll get destroyed by 3 balls. I use zone in the diamond league and although I'm not a world beater there aren't many I can't keep up with
Old 01-03-2017, 11:23 AM   #45
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Harryl if you check my lineup you will understand my frustration. Haha. I want to replace Pierce who is slow as hell with a shooter sf and I just can't find one
Kiki Vandeweghe FTW
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2017, 11:31 AM   #46
MVP

Generally 3pt shooting is op in the game and Zone is not meant to guard 3s. However a lot of people play some cheesy 5 out or halfcourt inbound which are better defended by zone rather than man to man.

I don't understand the conversation about Wallace though. Even as a sub he and Francis will always have a position in my lineup. Which other domination award has such impact today? Parker? Mikan? At the end these cards were not meant to stay in your lineup forever and ever. They are free cards and 2k prefers you to buy packs.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:52 AM   #47
Rookie

Lucas is still in my lineup, where some other diamonds can't get in my lineup anymore.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2017, 11:56 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieAbuser
No lie whenever someone play that crap 5 out offense I play 3-2 and clamp that scrub tactics up easy, it work against top players just got to know how to run it perfect.

It doesn't matter how good you are with your manual rotations. You can only control one player at a time. You'll get killed by manual cuts or drive n kicks. In a 5out all they need is someone that can post spin from the top of the key and your zone is giving up a dunk or open 3. If your rotations are good it take 2 or 3 passes but you'll give up a open shot. They're also freelances design to beat both zones and they work well. Zone would work against top player with a non 3pt shooting lineup.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »