Home

what is the best method to making mt

This is a discussion on what is the best method to making mt within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2017, 12:00 AM   #1
Rookie

marcusmoore12's Arena

OVR: 1
what is the best method to making mt

I was wondering what people that dont spend real money for packs, i was wondering what the best way to make mt is? i have a decent lineup but it could be better already done with all the domination's it is mostly how i got my lineup to what it is now, my lineup is Ruby Kyrie, Sapphire Moments Wade,Ruby LeBron,Ruby Josh Smith and George Mikan. any feedback is appreciated looking to help the bench more but some notables on bench is Ruby Gary Payton, Sapphire Greek Freak,Sapphire Robert Horry, thanks in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2017, 01:25 AM   #2
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: what is the best method to making mt

While I'm nowhere near as good as other people are at the auction house, I find it pretty difficult to make a good profit there these days because everything goes down in value so quickly. I'd just try to do the weekly challenges every week making sure to keep plenty of bronzes in your lineup and do the moments challenges using a crappy version of the player they want you to use.

I did the Jimmy Butler challenge using the sapphire I already had sitting around for almost 11k and then sold him for over 10k. Granted I did have to wait two weeks for 2K support to give me my reward, but that's a different story.

And if you pack something good I'd recommend selling it immediately as the value is going to drop very quickly no matter who it is. You can always rebuy the player in a week and save yourself thousands and thousands of MT.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 01-12-2017, 01:39 AM   #3
MVP

You can try to snipe, but I think that's a silly use of time and energy.

Not that AH flipping isn't a silly use of time and energy, fundamentally. But you can make good MT more passively.

Generally speaking, you need to put in work. You need to check prices throughout the day, throughout the week, over the course of weeks. Get to know prices and how they fluctuate in response to various events and such. That way, you can jump on a good price that will allow you to resell for good profit. And know what cards are likely to appreciate, with which you buy and hold...and sell when they're worth much more.

But one the best first steps is to play all Domination. And sell a lot of the stuff you pull, especially if you pull some historics that are worth a lot.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:37 AM   #4
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

The two main ways to make MT in MyTeam have always been spending real money, or most of your time buying and reselling on the auction house instead of, you know, actually playing basketball.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:50 AM   #5
MVP

justlaze's Arena

I've made most of my MT by flipping all kinds of rare jerseys & logos, but currently the prices are so low that it's not even worth the time anymore. Jerseys I used to sell for 1000+ now go for 350-500...

I'm about to shift towards Badges/Shoes, but it's going to be work learning all the prices.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2017, 09:12 AM   #6
Rookie

Mickeyknoxx's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusmoore12
I was wondering what people that dont spend real money for packs, i was wondering what the best way to make mt is? i have a decent lineup but it could be better already done with all the domination's it is mostly how i got my lineup to what it is now, my lineup is Ruby Kyrie, Sapphire Moments Wade,Ruby LeBron,Ruby Josh Smith and George Mikan. any feedback is appreciated looking to help the bench more but some notables on bench is Ruby Gary Payton, Sapphire Greek Freak,Sapphire Robert Horry, thanks in advance
Blacktop and Domination... You can replay the Historic and current Domination...You will not get the packs but you can win at least 800 MT per game 5min quarters.. so u can make almost 1600 MT per hour. make sure to get the minimum at each category, 10 free throws and 5 3 pointers. Post moves and good defense gives you a good amount of MT.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:18 AM   #7
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyknoxx
Blacktop and Domination... You can replay the Historic and current Domination...You will not get the packs but you can win at least 800 MT per game 5min quarters.. so u can make almost 1600 MT per hour. make sure to get the minimum at each category, 10 free throws and 5 3 pointers. Post moves and good defense gives you a good amount of MT.
not wanna sound rude but 1600 per hour is straight-up terrible... it's a thing though to actually play the game, but replaying those boring CPU games for this tiny amount...hell nah.

you can easily make 5-10k every 15min if you put some work in the AH. and you don't even need a huge amount of MT to get going.

so concerning the main question...definitely do the challenges if they aren't too time consuming and just do a couple of refreshes. especially if people are ripping packs you can pick items for 250 which will re-sell for way more.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:17 AM   #8
Pro

roboas's Arena

Moms credit card. We rich!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »