Home

After nearly 20 years, I'm done...

This is a discussion on After nearly 20 years, I'm done... within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2017, 05:06 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: After nearly 20 years, I'm done...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8board
You still think 2k is not being stingy with these moments challenges?
My opinion is that they are still being fair. They're only asking you to play 1 quarter or 8 minutes. As a reward you get more Mt than a full game of mto which takes forever. Plus on top of that you still get the performance bonus Mt . What more do you want?

Seriously I doubt that if you were in charge at 2k you would be able to deliver a better product. Perhaps in some parts you could but you would struggle with others. Plus you would realize that you will never please everyone. Cut them some slack and enjoy the opportunity to play a game that really is pretty good.

Whining and complaints are easy. I just played a college kid who got on Mic saying why did I spend so much to have a strong team because it was reason I was beating him by 20 at halftime. Shouldn't the fun be from grinding? Yes it would be however I have lots of money and little time so I bought packs instead.

However I wasn't cheesing and abusing him with ankle breaking 1 on 1 moves with my Allen Iverson like I could have been. I simply ran my 3 2 offense and Princeton chin freelance to always have open shots. I told him that he was losing because he was 1 on 1, no offense trying to score in 5 seconds but every shot I contested because of the lack of ball movement. He argued that it was my players totally oblivious to the fact that I play the game at a higher level. I said I would play with an emerald squad versus his best and results would be the same. I enjoy learning how to run these offenses with my favorite players versus grinding to get a team.

I even told him the offense I was going to do and what would happen and he refused to give it any consideration so I stomped on him. He will never be good. He will complain about the Game and stacked teams.

In the end I said good game and good luck in school. He wouldn't be hired by me to work in my business though because he lacks the ability to think without emotional response and make rational and objective adjustments to the situation that is in front of him. I think this is representative of the attitude many take to the game and I feel bad for those people who get stuck in that mindset. So if you are stuck in that mindset maybe gg and nba 2k isn't for you. Just don't make it toxic for everyone else in these forums.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:19 AM   #18
Rookie

it will be my last year too.
i already succeded by not buying FIFA this year.
I am on a good way. It is sometimes a fun game but it is becoming a money machine for 2Ksports and a cheese machine.
I used to create a league with no cheese rules since nba 2k5 (no steals on rebounds, only one third of the shoot for 3s, u can't have more than half of your points in the paint...) but most of the guys that i am playing now are just here for a video game.

i would just buy the game if they allow people to play with historical team on online games so you don't have to play MyTeam.
i am too old for cheesing now
Old 01-20-2017, 05:24 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by landman2069
I just played a college kid who got on Mic saying why did I spend so much to have a strong team because it was reason I was beating him by 20 at halftime. Shouldn't the fun be from grinding? Yes it would be however I have lots of money and little time so I bought packs instead.

However I wasn't cheesing and abusing him with ankle breaking 1 on 1 moves with my Allen Iverson like I could have been. I simply ran my 3 2 offense and Princeton chin freelance to always have open shots. I told him that he was losing because he was 1 on 1, no offense trying to score in 5 seconds but every shot I contested because of the lack of ball movement. He argued that it was my players totally oblivious to the fact that I play the game at a higher level. I said I would play with an emerald squad versus his best and results would be the same. I enjoy learning how to run these offenses with my favorite players versus grinding to get a team.

I even told him the offense I was going to do and what would happen and he refused to give it any consideration so I stomped on him. He will never be good. He will complain about the Game and stacked teams.

In the end I said good game and good luck in school. He wouldn't be hired by me to work in my business though because he lacks the ability to think without emotional response and make rational and objective adjustments to the situation that is in front of him. I think this is representative of the attitude many take to the game and I feel bad for those people who get stuck in that mindset. So if you are stuck in that mindset maybe gg and nba 2k isn't for you. Just don't make it toxic for everyone else in these forums.
Get off your high horse and cut the kid some slack.

'Lacked the ability to think without emotional response' and make 'rational and objective adjustments to the situation'???

The kid is human, not a robot.

'So i stomped on him' and 'he will never be good'....

My man you need to relax.

Im in my 30's and i understand where you are coming from to a certain degree, but you were that age once too and most likely far from perfect.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:09 AM   #20
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

I do agree with him that it's cringey as hell when people get on the mic when they are losing and start spewing drivel, it's always either some foul-mouthed squeaker whose balls haven't yet dropped, or some loser who sounds like he's been unemployed for 10 years.

Seriously with how mainstream gaming has gotten I'd have expected there to be more "normal" people playing games these days, but even people I've squadded with seem like a bunch of socially awkward weirdos... Pretty sad.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:11 AM   #21
MVP

There is no reason at all, trying to communicate with a total stranger especially in a heated game.

First thing I do when I get in a game, I mute the microphone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2017, 09:10 AM   #22
Rookie

First of all I am not claiming to be perfect or on any high horse and I definitely remember what it was like to be young. Youth isn't an excuse as I know a ton of very mature young people who don't act like cavemen.

I was getting berated by a kid who is old enough to vote and shouldn't be treated like a kid anymore. I responded rationally and he was just a jerk so he got what he had coming to him. If you start pausing the screen after every made shot like you are really something, now that makes me buckle down and make sure you don't win. I know what sportsmanship is and I don't think I would let my kids play this game online. I call people out if they are acting like jerks. So what I have a right to say something too.

One time the guy apologized and said he just gets worked up when he plays the game and he really isn't a jerk. I said you are what you are and to me you sound like a jerk. Second half of the game he was great but the first part was really pathetic.

There is way too much negativity and macho garbage in most of my online experiences. Constantly when the mic lights up it is filled with insults, profanity, or bragging. It is nice that they allow us to mute the game. I used to play with the volume on the tv off. If that is what the gaming community has become it is no wonder it is toxic.
Old 01-20-2017, 09:29 AM   #23
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by landman2069
If that is what the gaming community has become it is no wonder it is toxic.
Online gaming has always been this way or worse. I've been playing online games for 15+ years and if anything, the younger generation these days are tamer than before.

There are good online experiences in this game but I wouldn't expect it in any random match.
Old 01-20-2017, 09:43 AM   #24
Rookie

Couldn't they have just dug up the post from all the people that said they were quitting last year and continue on that one? Or maybe when everyone said they were done with 15 because there were too many unrealistic rubies? Or maybe when they were all done with 14 because everyone had Jordan on their team?

My point is, every year someone comes on here and says they are done with this game and tons of people agree. Then, the very next year, most of those people are back complaining about the game all over again.

If you're done, I salute you. I wish you well in all your future endeavors. But if you're going to pop back up next year complaining all over again, then these posts are a waste of everyone's time.

Don't know how many times I've seen "I thought I was done with this game, but they pulled me back in with their false promises." Here's a clue for those people: MT will always be a money grabber. If you don't like it, play a different mode. You want to build the ultimate team? Go to My League. I've used rosters I've downloaded to give me anyone that might be in MT.

There are options out there for you. Again, if you truly are leaving, have fun. Just don't let the door hit you on the way out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »