Home

Diamond rewards vs moments

This is a discussion on Diamond rewards vs moments within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2016, 05:22 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
Diamond rewards vs moments

2k is using the intangible rating to manipulate cards overalls. They're using this to boost historic reward cards into the diamond tier, to make them more desirable. While nerfing current & moment card tiers, making them less desirable.
I was editing the roster to recreate my MyTeam so I can lab. Some of the players overalls didn't match their MyTeam card. Then I noticed the intangible ratings were different.
The Greek freak is a prime example. His gold cards has a 75 rating and it goes down 10 on each one of his moments cards. His Ruby is really a 91 ovr amethyst with the same intangible rating as his gold card but it has 55 intangible rating. The is a theme for most of the players with multiple moments cards.
Most of the diamond reward cards intangible rating is in the high 90s. Diamond CP3's is a 78 and USA Ewing has a 68. Intangible rating doesn't affect gameplay 2k is using it to manipulate card tiers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2016, 05:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Diamond rewards vs moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
2k is using the intangible rating to manipulate cards overalls. They're using this to boost historic reward cards into the diamond tier, to make them more desirable. While nerfing current & moment card tiers, making them less desirable.
I was editing the roster to recreate my MyTeam so I can lab. Some of the players overalls didn't match their MyTeam card. Then I noticed the intangible ratings were different.
The Greek freak is a prime example. His gold cards has a 75 rating and it goes down 10 on each one of his moments cards. His Ruby is really a 91 ovr amethyst with the same intangible rating as his gold card but it has 55 intangible rating. The is a theme for most of the players with multiple moments cards.
Most of the diamond reward cards intangible rating is in the high 90s. Diamond CP3's is a 78 and USA Ewing has a 68. Intangible rating doesn't affect gameplay 2k is using it to manipulate card tiers.
I believe this is the same thing with passing iq and passing vision. They have no actual statistical effect in game, but they play a part in the overall of players. Check it out on moments cards. 2k will raise vision and iq to raise overall but wont touch passing accuracy on some cards.
Old 12-31-2016, 05:31 PM   #3
MVP

2k playing tricks on their customers?? No way!
Old 12-31-2016, 07:07 PM   #4
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo big daddy
I believe this is the same thing with passing iq and passing vision. They have no actual statistical effect in game, but they play a part in the overall of players. Check it out on moments cards. 2k will raise vision and iq to raise overall but wont touch passing accuracy on some cards.
I've always thought that passing IQ came into play when the computer passes the ball to the wrong damn guy. I assumed that a higher Passing IQ meant the computer would pull that BS less frequently.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:47 PM   #5
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimaceZ7
I've always thought that passing IQ came into play when the computer passes the ball to the wrong damn guy. I assumed that a higher Passing IQ meant the computer would pull that BS less frequently.
I think Passing IQ makes the CPU dish smarter passes in certain passing situations in which you have no control over, like bounce or lob passes off of icon passing.

As far as passing to the wrong guy with the analogue stick, that's just been extremely poor copy & paste programming error on 2k's end for years now. It's got nothing to do with ratings and is super unreliable.

But the intangibles BS is laughable on 2k's end. I know the Lebron Amethyst is not just a 92 nor is larry johnson just a 93. Their intangibles are 75 and 85 respectively. and consistently perform better than their ratings dictate.

Last edited by Cowboyfan_19; 01-01-2017 at 10:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2017, 07:18 AM   #6
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

This has become a joke. Its not only the diamond tier. John Stockton (92 ovr) has way lower ovr points than Rip Hamilton (88 ovr). He is a +4 OVR and has LOWER points....
Diamond Magic Johnson only has alibi-upgrades over the Ammy one.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR
Old 01-02-2017, 08:36 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
This has become a joke. Its not only the diamond tier. John Stockton (92 ovr) has way lower ovr points than Rip Hamilton (88 ovr). He is a +4 OVR and has LOWER points....

Total attribute points isn't a good way to compared cards that play different positions. Different attributes weight more when calculating a overall rating for each positing. A PG playmaking impacts his ovr more than his post scoring. If you look at Stockton's attributes he has a 25 for all his dunking and post scoring. Those ratings have little impact on his overall rating. That's why a card like Rip can have more total attributes but have a lower ovr by 4.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:41 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
Which ratings are considered intangibles?

Interesting topic....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »