Home

new moments challenges are up

This is a discussion on new moments challenges are up within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2017, 01:50 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: new moments challenges are up

Failed the first time, tried to do it with a pretty crappy team but ended up losing the game and being about 10 points short. Second time I decided to take lots of good defensive players which made it easier. It was still kind of close but got exactly 62 points. I used unbadged emerald version with no shoe both times.

I like the 'free' 10k MT, but it's extremely boring to play this way and force it/cut all the time to be able to finish the challenge. Some variations would be welcome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2017, 04:18 PM   #26
Rookie

TheHennessyWilliams's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meller
Failed the first time, tried to do it with a pretty crappy team but ended up losing the game and being about 10 points short. Second time I decided to take lots of good defensive players which made it easier. It was still kind of close but got exactly 62 points. I used unbadged emerald version with no shoe both times.

I like the 'free' 10k MT, but it's extremely boring to play this way and force it/cut all the time to be able to finish the challenge. Some variations would be welcome.
i beat this challenge so easy, i mean i mashed it. but it wasn't fun because i just used everything i know in the book. i wish we could have challenges where we just have to beat a hard team with our myteam we have spent so much time trying to improve..

but i got 80 with melo... my strategy with the points ones are always simple.. use all my timeouts in the first half while scoring as much as i can with the person i need. you know by 4th quarter they are going to be gassed so you should have all the points by end of 3rd so you only need a few.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NBA 2K17_20170125134944.jpg (170.9 KB, 132 views)

psn- talkofanation
Twitter- @mrhennywillz

"and then the world gazed upon the one they call Hennessy Williams"
Old 01-28-2017, 06:01 PM   #27
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

What lineup did you guys use to beat this Hawks Moments challenge? I've played it five times now, and it seems I'm getting beat worse every time. It's that old BS where you miss wide open shots while they make everything they take and get the and 1 even when you don't have a guy within five feet of them, and everyone shoots 100% from the line.
Old 01-28-2017, 09:28 PM   #28
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimaceZ7
What lineup did you guys use to beat this Hawks Moments challenge? I've played it five times now, and it seems I'm getting beat worse every time. It's that old BS where you miss wide open shots while they make everything they take and get the and 1 even when you don't have a guy within five feet of them, and everyone shoots 100% from the line.
It only took me two tries but was annoying as hell felt more like hof. They get every rebound and make just about every shot while you clank everything further than 10ft out. It comes down to playing great onball defense you have to really clamp down if you want any chance. Have a good defender at the 1 and 3 so you can try and get some steals on them and at the 3 try to force Dominiuqe into tough shots. I ran this lineup when I beat it.

Reward Harper/Wesley Matthews/Reward Battier/Millsap/Joakim Noah
D Will/Zach Lavine/Gallinari/Marvin Williams/Embiid
Old 01-28-2017, 11:58 PM   #29
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by P234thetruth
It only took me two tries but was annoying as hell felt more like hof. They get every rebound and make just about every shot while you clank everything further than 10ft out. It comes down to playing great onball defense you have to really clamp down if you want any chance. Have a good defender at the 1 and 3 so you can try and get some steals on them and at the 3 try to force Dominiuqe into tough shots. I ran this lineup when I beat it.

I beat it the sixth time I tried. I went Physical defense and went for steals. Also, Klay started hitting shots.

I think the key is posting in here to whine. As soon as I do that, I seem to beat the challenge the next time I try.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:04 AM   #30
MVP

Went with a Chinese New Year's lineup, starting Gold Moments Lin at PG, Jianlian Yi at PF, and Yao Ming at C...with Silver Danny Green at SG, and Emerald Artest at SF.

2nd Unit was Gold Damon Stoudemire, Gold Giannis, Bronze James Jones, Gold Antoine Walker, and Bronze Papagiannis.

http://2kmtcentral.com/17/lineups/27...hallenge-84ovr

Have always used Giannis/Papagiannis duo on my budget teams, but this was the first time I tried Dame + Antoine. Comical moments when the CPU had Doc Rivers at PG and, for some reason, Spud Webb at SG...being guarded by Giannis.

I think the key to this, as with any vs. CPU game, is just defense. Offense comes easy if you defend well. Held them to 30-something% shooting, so got a lot of fast break looks, often pushing the ball up the floor with Yi or Giannis.

And in the halfcourt, Yao did work on Diamond Mutombo. Dame or Giannis P&R with Papagiannis yielded buckets.

My bench mob actually tore up the CPU so badly in the 2nd Quarter that I just let them play through the 3rd. Think they built the lead up to something like a 25 point lead and the starters pushed it a few points, so beat the CPU by 25-30 points.

These Challenges are fun, just to have a constraint with which to deal with when putting together a lineup. It's kind of fun to dig around for some low-OVR duos to play with.
Attached Images
File Type: png 271843.png (450.8 KB, 76 views)
Old 01-30-2017, 02:15 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by P234thetruth

I used my main lineup except I swapped Lowry for Jay Williams to get to 84 overall. Porzingis and Hassan blocked the crap out of Petit and Mutombo but they still got a lot of bs offensive putbacks to drop. CPU did not call a TO till midway through the 2nd Quarter so I was able to go on a few small runs here and there. Won by 6 and KP dropped 14 and 5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2017, 05:02 AM   #32
Pro

ideaman81's Arena

OVR: 3

I beat them by 25 on my second attempt. Didn't experience any BS on that attempt. I ran Jay Williams/Eddie Jones/Dunleavy/gold Marvin Williams/Gold Kyle O'Quinn with an all silver 2nd unit. That Williams/Dunleavly duo paid off big as they went for 30+ combined. O'Quinn came up big too with 14/7 with 3 blocks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »