Home

Diamond Scottie Pippen Gameplay - Ultimate Highlight Mixtape

This is a discussion on Diamond Scottie Pippen Gameplay - Ultimate Highlight Mixtape within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2017, 12:09 AM   #9
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Diamond Scottie Pippen Gameplay - Ultimate Highlight Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by thormessiah
I'm pretty sure Defensive Stopper is relegated to same position only. Do you still see the badge light up when he's guarding other PGs? Or anybody other than his position for that matter?
Yeah it still lights up. I think its separated by 1-3 then 4 and 5 grouped together in terms of when the badge works against an opponent
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 01-22-2017, 11:16 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 17
Diamond Scottie Pippen Gameplay - Ultimate Highlight Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by thormessiah
I'm pretty sure Defensive Stopper is relegated to same position only. Do you still see the badge light up when he's guarding other PGs? Or anybody other than his position for that matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Yeah it still lights up. I think its separated by 1-3 then 4 and 5 grouped together in terms of when the badge works against an opponent

I started up a play now game to play close attention to when it lights ups. It seems like you have to be defending your match up for it to activate, but they're also position restrictions.
These are position restrictions
PG vs PG & SG
SG vs PG, SG & SF
SF vs SG, SF & PF
PF vs SF, PF & C
C vs PF & C

If you switch a SF defensive match up to a PG it won't light up when the SF is guarding the PG. You'll have to play your SF at PG or SG if you want his DS badge to work while he guards a PG. I didn't test how it works when some is using players out of position. Like if a SF is playing PG can I just switch my SF defensive match up or do I have to move him down a position for DS to work.

All of that applies to M2M defense. In zones it light up when you guarding you area regardless of players position.

Defense is already underpowered in this game idk why they nerfed this badge.

Last edited by Scramz718; 01-22-2017 at 11:20 AM.
Old 01-22-2017, 02:44 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
I started up a play now game to play close attention to when it lights ups. It seems like you have to be defending your match up for it to activate, but they're also position restrictions.
These are position restrictions
PG vs PG & SG
SG vs PG, SG & SF
SF vs SG, SF & PF
PF vs SF, PF & C
C vs PF & C

If you switch a SF defensive match up to a PG it won't light up when the SF is guarding the PG. You'll have to play your SF at PG or SG if you want his DS badge to work while he guards a PG. I didn't test how it works when some is using players out of position. Like if a SF is playing PG can I just switch my SF defensive match up or do I have to move him down a position for DS to work.

All of that applies to M2M defense. In zones it light up when you guarding you area regardless of players position.

Defense is already underpowered in this game idk why they nerfed this badge.
This also means Switch-All defenses aren't as effective as we thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2017, 07:25 PM   #12
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah he's right. I asked CHoops on Twitter and he confirmed that defensive stopper doesn't trigger if SF is guarding anything below SG.

Pretty dumb to me. Kawhi usually guards the other team's pg. In fact, ACE automatically puts Kawhi on the pg sometimes.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »