Home

Do you enjoy MTO?

This is a discussion on Do you enjoy MTO? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2017, 04:15 PM   #25
MVP

justlaze's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Do you enjoy MTO?

Yeah I admit I provoked aswell after I got offended by you. Anyway lets call it at day man. This got a bit out of hand.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2017, 04:15 PM   #26
Pro

I wonder if the badges play a big factor into rubberbanding. especially alpha dog which kicks in when their team is playing so bad they get a momentum swing.

I feel that all these legacy issues started to occur more frequently once guys had over 5 badges. I prefer the old games when guys didn't have 30 badges that artificially affects their skill in a game. I think they should just remove badges from online competition and just let players use actual skill instead of using cheese tactics assisted by badges.
Old 01-26-2017, 04:27 PM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
I wonder if the badges play a big factor into rubberbanding. especially alpha dog which kicks in when their team is playing so bad they get a momentum swing.

I feel that all these legacy issues started to occur more frequently once guys had over 5 badges. I prefer the old games when guys didn't have 30 badges that artificially affects their skill in a game. I think they should just remove badges from online competition and just let players use actual skill instead of using cheese tactics assisted by badges.
I think the Badges can create pretty wild swings in momentum. Not so much the upgradeable "normal" badges, but the Personality Badges: such as Alpha Dog, but especially Clutch Performer, Microwave, Heart & Soul, along with Alpha Dog, Road Dog, Floor General, Defensive Anchor, etc.

I'm pretty sure I've written about hit on these boards before but, last year, at the end of the game when I had teams with lineups full of HoF Diamond sort of players, with every single one of them loaded with badges, both personality and normal, during 4th quarters, I would usually end up having 2, sometimes 3 or even 4, players "on fire."

This year, they started off very conservative on badging. On the upgradeable ones, as well as personality. But they've started stacking the best cards on both, now. So, by the end of the game, expect God Squads to go OFF at the end of the game.
Old 01-26-2017, 04:42 PM   #28
Rookie

Yeah I think you are right on the personality badging. Wonder if there is some chemistry aspect to it also? Some have Low ego, Hard working, etc. I mean what is the point of those versus Microwave that is obvious what it does? If it did have a chemistry aspect you would want low ego people on the 11-13 spot so they didn't upset the team chemistry by not playing in a 10 man rotation.

Also sometimes my lineup screen has red rings, sometimes light blue or green. Wonder if you even start out hotter than normal if you get green rings? Doesn't seem fair in a random game for one to have an advantage over another that way. Has that part ever been figured out?
Old 01-26-2017, 04:47 PM   #29
Pro

Im not really enjoying mto this year. The gameplay in 2k for the most part this year is amazing and improves every year. I'm loving the new post game.

With that said, Im finding the equalizer in mto to be really frustrating. In previous years there's always been cheese and it hasn't deterred me, but I guess this year in combination with the equalizer it makes the majority of my games more stressful and even if I win it's not as much fun. Stress in a close game where 2 teams neck and neck is a good thing. But stress because my guys are missing rebounds bouncing off their arms and out of bounds or fouling every possession with playing good D is another thing.

Im really enjoying playing friendlies against other sim players. We have lots of competitive games.

Overall though, this is the least I've played 2k in the last 7 years. It's the first year since my career came out that I haven't played it. First year since park came out that I haven't played that. First year since maybe 2k2 that I haven't even done a franchise or association mode. Really all I play is myteam. And I go home from work at night and often turn on another game instead. Only to pop on 2k to run a friendly or 2.

I think when it comes down to it, I look at mto and I'd rather play something else. My video game hours are still on par. I'm just spending a lot less time in 2k.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:31 PM   #30
Pro

roboas's Arena

Haven't completed an outlet pass all year. Haven't had a fast break where a slower player wasn't able to catch up and block me from behind or get in front of me for a block. Game is super streaky and user input is meaningless at times. No, MTO this year is pretty bad.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:56 PM   #31
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
I didn't want to say the "E" word but in my opinion it also has a huge impact whether your able to stop cheese or not. I've been tracking my games and it's always noticeable that the 4th quarter against low difficulty opponents is kinda scripted. contested shots/layups go in all the time ...lose balls/rebounds always end up in the opponent hands...and so on. Sometimes there are situations where you just can not deny it's real. Especially if you track your games, have an eye on low tier opponents and observe the 4th quarter in comparison to the rest.
Let's not forget that BS when you throw a pass and it's going toward your intended receiver in a straight line, and then three feet before your guy is about to catch it, the ball will miraculously turn at a 45 degree angle, right into the defender's hands. This happened to me the other day, and I slowed it down and watched half a dozen times. My wife was so pissed that she told me she didn't want me playing "that BS game" around her anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2017, 11:25 PM   #32
Rookie

caporknick's Arena

its horrible im in 2nd prestige pink diamonds these guys mastered the cheese thought getting td would be easy smh

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »