Home

Do you enjoy MTO?

This is a discussion on Do you enjoy MTO? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2017, 09:06 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Do you enjoy MTO?

sometimes after a hard day of work, you want some fun and you got your a** beaten by a cheeser or because A.I decided you can't win and it is hard to stay calm.

Yesterday i saw my opponent with James Edwards and Ben Wallace get 26 offensive boards and i lost by 2. I went to bed but i wanted to insult the other player.
Old 01-31-2017, 01:46 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jachikevicius
sometimes after a hard day of work, you want some fun and you got your a** beaten by a cheeser or because A.I decided you can't win and it is hard to stay calm.

Yesterday i saw my opponent with James Edwards and Ben Wallace get 26 offensive boards and i lost by 2. I went to bed but i wanted to insult the other player.
Were they matched up from a lower league?

I just played my 2nd game in Sapphire league. First game I used my 82 OVR squad I used in emerald and won. Second I used my 95 OVR squad. I won as well. By 1 point. My opponent was using a mostly sapphire/emerald squad. I've definitely beaten him before using my low-rent squad. But it seemed obvious his players had super powers. His guys were flying around the court and hitting everything, while mine were sluggish, stupid and missing open shots left and right.

I know there are people on both sides who debate that squads play at different difficulty levels in MTO, but I'm convinced its a fact. I've had the opposite happen to me too, where I've rolled vastly superior squads with my garbage teams. I like to think I'm pretty good but sometimes it feels like the thumb is on the scale.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:22 PM   #51
MVP

On PC, our problem is low population. The corresponding plus to that is that we see the same people over and over and I, at least, will often friend them so that we can exchange messages (someone has to request, and the other accept, on PC/Steam).

Once one gets to know each other, then the who dynamic changes. I imagine most of us end up playing less cheesy. And even when the other guy is cheesy, I rage much, much less at it. Treat it more like the innocuous game that it is.

And with all the people with whom I play friendlies, everything is always especially cordial and friendly.

But even when playing randoms, I feel like the incidence rate of really childish behavior is pretty low.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2017, 09:29 AM   #52
Rookie

I love MTO, conceptually. I'm a sucker and I'm invested and will play it all year. All the basic gameplay issues have been or will be discussed somewhere. My BIGGEST problem though, is that aforementioned childish behavior - honestly, I've never felt the need to message someone after they rage quit on me or I wipe the floor with them. So I guess I'm confused as to why so many people have the urgent need to be heard, and engage in trash talk messages with someone you just beat? Are you lonely? Do you need more validation? Like - I don't even get on the mic for randys anymore. The amount of times you want to virtually punch some cheesy loser in the face vs. the pleasant and somewhat respectful competition - it must be about 8:1.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-01-2017, 10:35 AM   #53
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offballer4life
Sportsmanship and 2k? (insert giant lol face emoji)

In the rare occurence that I play against an actual normal human being that isn't bordering on the lethal dosage of energy drinks, I always send a gg. Win or lose. More often than not, the reply is "f you", "u trash", or some other incredibly clever and grammatically ridiculous verbal attack.

So last night, I shut all my messages off. I'm done trying to have any sense of sportsmanship with these "people". Like I said in another post, most of the behavior of the toxic portion of the community is just plain embarrassing to watch as a fellow human being.

Class. Does anyone have it? Prob not.
Sure, 2k can make players toxic just like any competitive on-line game, but they may think you are talking trash to them by saying GG. i bet if you typed out good game you would start getting some marginally better responses.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:17 PM   #54
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by elGato68
The amount of times you want to virtually punch some cheesy loser in the face vs. the pleasant and somewhat respectful competition - it must be about 8:1.
]
Sometimes I wonder, if I were to switch to console, if I would find the massive population of random kids to be more problem than virtue, because of griefing, cheesing, etc.

This year, on PC, I've built up a nice list of contacts to play Friendlies almost whenever I'd want.

Still no replacement for being able to get MTO games and the Rewards that entails. And the PC AH is totally dominated by hacker price fixing. So console is probably still better, because I don't want to spend so much time on AH anymore, to afford top players.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:14 PM   #55
Rookie

bottledwaterfan25's Arena

OVR: 4

Sometimes I wonder if I really do "enjoy" MTO. Like, there's alot of games where I end up winning, and I don't even feel happy I won; I feel slightly relieved that I didn't get ****ed over. There's alot of annoying crap that we have to deal with in the cesspool that is MTO; be it the random losers that choose to have their mic on and literally talk **** the whole game, about every play. Or how about the people that design their court to be a hideous color scheme? I played a guy last night that had basically an all black court, and it was bothering the **** out of my eyes. I played like crap, and it wasn't even that he was good, it was the court being that color scheme really bugged me; and took the enjoyment out of the game.

Another thing that bugs me is just the way in which alot of people choose to play the game. I really despise more than anything the off ball defense guys. I don't care if people play off ball here and there, or even when someone only plays with the center, for example. But I can't respect someone who refuses to ever play on ball defense. I'm talking about the people who LITERALLY run away from you when you pass it to your player that they are guarding. It's like, why did you even come online? Just play the CPU if you're such a *****.
"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2017, 06:36 AM   #56
Rookie

This is my first real year of MTO. I dabbled a bit last year (first time purchasing Nba2k) but didn't really know how it all worked. Hell, I still dont really know how it all works lol (I've looked for how to set my A.I defensive settings in the options menu but I honestly still dunno where it is). I didn't like the cpu grind but I finished both dominations about a week ago.

I love time investment multiplayer games (RPG/MMORPG) and I love to gamble (buyinh VC/packs). I think i enjoy MTO... but I am starting to realise that I suck at the game. This is not something im accustomed to as I humbly consider myself to be good when it comes to online gaming. That said, ive never really played any other sports sim previously.

This game is a complex beast for me, and i get quite frustrated at not being able to execute what I want to do on the court. It's not something im used to after investing so much time in a game.

I think that my addictive, obsessive personality, coupled with my stubbornness keeps me playing. As I'm not at a level where im fully in control of what my players are doing, im probably less frustrated at the cheese/errors in the game as you guys are. If i ever get to a level where im in full control of the gameplay, i have a feeling ill go on a lot of tilt when stuff like equaliser/cheese really impacts me. Everything feels cheese to me atm lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »