Home

Time to quit?

This is a discussion on Time to quit? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2017, 10:55 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
Time to quit?

So I have been playing Emerald league over and over, trying to get the diamond shoe. I've done it at least 10 times.

Finally, I'm 4-0. I'm up 22-13 in the 2nd quarter, really starting to take over.

Suddenly, the screen freezes. The crown noise keeps playing in the background, but the game is totally unresponsive. I don't get an 'opponent quit' message. I wait for 5 minutes, I exit and come back into the window (XBox One). Eventually I have to kill the app.

Of course, this is a loss.

I have to assume my opponent severed their connection as we know that causes a loss on both sides.

I'm so furious. Why do they have key rewards keyed to something that can be ruined by someone turning off their router?

I don't think I can do this anymore. I'm not sure what the point is. Skill doesn't matter. It's just about if you get lucky enough to play people who aren't utter pricks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2017, 12:27 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Time to quit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl
So I have been playing Emerald league over and over, trying to get the diamond shoe. I've done it at least 10 times.

Finally, I'm 4-0. I'm up 22-13 in the 2nd quarter, really starting to take over.

Suddenly, the screen freezes. The crown noise keeps playing in the background, but the game is totally unresponsive. I don't get an 'opponent quit' message. I wait for 5 minutes, I exit and come back into the window (XBox One). Eventually I have to kill the app.

Of course, this is a loss.

I have to assume my opponent severed their connection as we know that causes a loss on both sides.

I'm so furious. Why do they have key rewards keyed to something that can be ruined by someone turning off their router?

I don't think I can do this anymore. I'm not sure what the point is. Skill doesn't matter. It's just about if you get lucky enough to play people who aren't utter pricks.
I had a similar experience last night. Except I didn't even get past the lineup screens. Funny thing is, my next match was against the same douche. And we played the while game. W. T. F.

Why is it that as soon as I see someone's lineup, court and jerseys, I know with almost certainty what I'm going to be dealing with? Bape, wallbrook, black court, some strange non-english terminologies on the sidelines, drake at mid court, ruby gasol, etc. Usually turns into another deny Offball on d, and turbo cheese 5out pnr spam on offense.

Sorry to derail that op. The ps4 community is pathetic. Like " you are embarrassing yourself" pathetic. And that's before tipoff.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of this cheese, spam, poor sportsmanship, is being promoted by a select few youtubers. These kids watch this crap on YouTube and mimic all of it. One of the "louder" youtubers just posted a video literally saying that he is only going to cheese from now on. Wow. Stay classy. I get the "can't beat em join em" attitude.....but he plays well w/o cheese. Lol. Yikes.
Old 01-30-2017, 11:02 AM   #3
Pro

So as frustrated as I am I kept playing.

I decided that I was going to run out cheap, low OVR teams since I usually win regardless of talent and lose primarily due to disconnects. On my second try I cleared Emerald undefeated with this lineup:

Sapp Andre Miller
Gold Devin Booker
Emerald Artest (added him late, actually won the first 4 with Gold Ken Bezmore)
Gold Marvin Williams
Gold Randy Bauer

Backups:
Gold Giannis
Bronze Papagiannis
Silver Dunn
couple other silvers I can't remember.

The key thing I did was put shoes on Giannis and papa (getting the multipliers for shoes on Dynamic Duo stats) and shoe on Miller to help his defense.

Game 4 was a nailbiter. I had a 6 point lead and my guys started missing every free throw (talking about 80+ % guys) and he started hitting everything. He tied it up with 2 seconds to go, and then got a steal on the inbounds, but called a timeout with no TOs left. I hit the technical and the 2 on the following intentional foul. I felt bad, but not that bad. I lost a game the same way awhile back.

Game 5 there were several connection stutters and the guy started being a dick at the end by calling consecutive timeouts, letting the clock tick down, then going to pause menu for like 90 seconds . But then he came back and we actually finished.

Hooray...
Old 01-30-2017, 11:48 AM   #4
Pro

Sometimes I wonder if 2k does these things on purpose, but then I just remind myself that I am giving 2k's servers too much credit.
Old 01-30-2017, 12:46 PM   #5
Rookie

Idapapi79's Arena

Don't know how many "time to quit" threads have been created with the user not actually quitting.

These over reactions threads need to stop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2017, 12:57 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idapapi79
Don't know how many "time to quit" threads have been created with the user not actually quitting.

These over reactions threads need to stop.
Basically, the main reason I keep playing is that it's something I can do while exercising on my stationary bike.

You can call it 'overreaction' but the idea that a key part of gameplay rewards is triggered off of something that can easily be ruined by server issues or your opponent rage-disconnecting is something that needs to be focused on and addressed, not swept under.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:20 PM   #7
Rookie

Idapapi79's Arena

Quote:
Basically, the main reason I keep playing is that it's something I can do while exercising on my stationary bike.

You can call it 'overreaction' but the idea that a key part of gameplay rewards is triggered off of something that can easily be ruined by server issues or your opponent rage-disconnecting is something that needs to be focused on and addressed, not swept under.

Then create a thread addressing those issues instead of crying about not getting a shoe.
Old 01-30-2017, 02:45 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
My personal opinion is that I would quit the stationary bike, grab some cheetos and dew for a nice little 2k session.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »