Home

Yao. The cop out./ How do you have fun?

This is a discussion on Yao. The cop out./ How do you have fun? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2017, 07:12 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Yao. The cop out./ How do you have fun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
That 37 speed is a damn joke lol. You're just begging to get killed in transition.
do you still upload to yt?
Old 01-28-2017, 07:45 PM   #10
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSundering
do you still upload to yt?
I'm gonna start uploading again as soon as I get some stuff sorted out. My life has been pretty hectic the last few months to say the least lol.
Old 01-28-2017, 07:58 PM   #11
Rookie

Get yourselves an Ammy Howard:The Anti-Yao
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2017, 08:58 PM   #12
Pro

Havent played MTO for months but ill be ready for the cheese with Diamond Dikembe, Spencer, Jimmy Butler and Lockdown Prince.

Anyone get any success online with these elite defenders? Or is the cheese too strong.
Old 01-28-2017, 11:32 PM   #13
Rookie

bottledwaterfan25's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offballer4life
Steady rotation of KAT, Yao, Boogie, and my beloved Giannis.

Unless you can poke the ball loose from Yao, there is really nothing else to do. Maybe Russell will do well. I want to hear about results! Make sure to report back!
So far I can report back with 5 MTO games played tonight. Since I inserted Diamond Bill Russell into my lineup at the 5, I'm on a 5-0 win streak, including 3 rage quits. Prior to that I was on a pretty stagnant run, playing Ruby Cousins at the 5. Bill has been money so far; I played 4 teams that had Yao, and 1 team that started Manute Bol. Russell more than held his own on defense for me.

It's funny that even with Russell these guys still got a couple cheap baskets right under the rim with Yao, Manute, but overall Russell held them to very pedestrian showings overall. I think that Russell is the missing piece on defense that I've been looking for. Before when I ran Cousins down low I just got exposed at the rim by other teams, but now I have a fairly stout defense with Russell, along with Ruby Lockdown Josh Smith at the 4, and Diamond Jimmy Butler at the SG. The Yao cheese is real though; it seems like almost every team is gonna have him now either starting or off the bench.
"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
Old 01-29-2017, 12:34 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottledwaterfan25
So far I can report back with 5 MTO games played tonight. Since I inserted Diamond Bill Russell into my lineup at the 5, I'm on a 5-0 win streak, including 3 rage quits. Prior to that I was on a pretty stagnant run, playing Ruby Cousins at the 5. Bill has been money so far; I played 4 teams that had Yao, and 1 team that started Manute Bol. Russell more than held his own on defense for me.

It's funny that even with Russell these guys still got a couple cheap baskets right under the rim with Yao, Manute, but overall Russell held them to very pedestrian showings overall. I think that Russell is the missing piece on defense that I've been looking for. Before when I ran Cousins down low I just got exposed at the rim by other teams, but now I have a fairly stout defense with Russell, along with Ruby Lockdown Josh Smith at the 4, and Diamond Jimmy Butler at the SG. The Yao cheese is real though; it seems like almost every team is gonna have him now either starting or off the bench.
Awesome to hear this about Russell, he hasn't been in my 13 for weeks even though I did like him. Just wasn't ahead of D-Rob, Mutombo and Wallace, but he might be back in again to change things up a little.
Old 01-29-2017, 12:50 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offballer4life
To whomever that member was that so kindly pointed out that I bring nothing but negativity to this forum, here's another one for your collection.

Inbound. Turbo. Dump to Yao. Rinse. Repeat.
This game just for even more monotonous. And this time, I'm calling out the ppl playing the game.

2K drops nice cards. Yao surprised me. Even with his stellar speed, he's put up nice numbers for me. Love posting him up. And his jumper is money. But sadly, this card is another card that few care to use properly, and just want to play NBA JAM. I've now seen just about everything except Yao crossing me up at half court. We all know how those Rockets loved to run Yao in the 5out offense. I mean, at least have half the wits to go 4-1 when he's in. Lmao.

Why do I constantly struggle in the higher tiers year after year? Is it bc I can't lower myself to cheese level? No. I've got my own cheese. We all do. I think that by ASG every year, I've just suffered from "cheese fatigue". Why do I think that a highly evolved species would care to actually develop skills? You know....like learn how to use a great fun card in the post.

Without going on a further rant about how primitive about 75% of the opponents i face are, can I just say that I never thought online opponent's would make me NOT look forward to playing one of my favorite games/franchises of all time.

In an attempt to bring some community and positivity to an otherwise b*tchy thread, what do you do to keep things fresh and entertaining.....amidst the toxicity of the online community?
I understand where you are coming from, as I too love this series. Its the only game I have the time and energy to play these days.

However mate, you need to not let the negative stuff get to you as much as it appears. Take the high road on this, and if you're genuine and honest to how the game should be played, just keep on keeping on.

Like another forum member suggested, change your lineups to keep things fresh. I have since created a few lineups, and have recently taken a more defensive approach to the game which is refreshing. Stopping someones offence is great fun, and even if i get beaten I'm always feeling like the underdog with that squad in particular.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2017, 06:38 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
Havent played MTO for months but ill be ready for the cheese with Diamond Dikembe, Spencer, Jimmy Butler and Lockdown Prince.

Anyone get any success online with these elite defenders? Or is the cheese too strong.
the cheese is very strong but can be beaten.

concerning Yao, I had some problems with Ewing defending him, but when you put the HOF rim procector/defensive stopper centers (D-Rob, Mutombo, Russel) on him Yao becomes pretty much a non factor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »