Home

Yao. The cop out./ How do you have fun?

This is a discussion on Yao. The cop out./ How do you have fun? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2017, 02:56 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Yao. The cop out./ How do you have fun?

Amethyst cousins the best pickup for price and emerald KP if Yao becomes a problem, don't let that low strength fool you, he's 7'3 with decent speed. Kill Yao every time for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2017, 03:21 PM   #42
Rookie

adwin7's Arena

OVR: 2

I wonder how many people use Willis Reed against him like I do The height difference can make rebounding tricky but I can score off the pick and roll with him at will especially if you have a stretch 4 on the floor so your opponent's PF can't help.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:24 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwin7
I wonder how many people use Willis Reed against him like I do The height difference can make rebounding tricky but I can score off the pick and roll with him at will especially if you have a stretch 4 on the floor so your opponent's PF can't help.
Sadly I have found that size matters way to much in this mode. My Yao has decent rebounding stats, but due to his height I can get a double double with him by half-time. Small undersized centers with great rebound ratings (Reed, Wallace, Petit) just don't perform as well as anoversized big.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:42 PM   #44
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

I've only had trouble with Yao when I played someone who had a completely diamond team and my players would double team whoever was on the ball, leaving him wide open for easy dunks.

I'm rolling with Emerald Towns and Turner at C and can't say Yao is that much of a challenge.

As has been said before, he gets destroyed in transition too.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:06 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottledwaterfan25
Maybe try experimenting with some different lineups to mix it up. In light of the recent explosion of Yao lineups on MTO, I just purchased Diamond Bill Russell to run at the 5 to see what kind of nasty things he can do to Yao. I'm looking forward to that.
Im a big fan of Bill. Dude got me 3 steals in 10mins last game. He might not block every guy but hes right on them patrolling the post and it makes it very hard for the other team to score. I wanted an elite defensive center to back up Ewing and hes perfect. Almost tempted to start him sometimes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2017, 02:00 AM   #46
Rookie

bottledwaterfan25's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ER1C 3KGSX
Im a big fan of Bill. Dude got me 3 steals in 10mins last game. He might not block every guy but hes right on them patrolling the post and it makes it very hard for the other team to score. I wanted an elite defensive center to back up Ewing and hes perfect. Almost tempted to start him sometimes.
That's awesome bro. I love Bill as well. In fact, since I got him recently, I can't imagine running a lineup without him anchoring the 5 spot. All I run into now is teams with Yaos, and all Bill does is play clutch defense, rebound, score in transition, and win me games. I will admit that I too have Yao, but I play him off the bench lol. It's a Yao or be Yao'd world right now in MTO, unless you got Bill Russell to throw into the mix.
"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
Old 02-03-2017, 03:10 AM   #47
Rookie

TheHennessyWilliams's Arena

Quote:
That's awesome bro. I love Bill as well. In fact, since I got him recently, I can't imagine running a lineup without him anchoring the 5 spot. All I run into now is teams with Yaos, and all Bill does is play clutch defense, rebound, score in transition, and win me games. I will admit that I too have Yao, but I play him off the bench lol. It's a Yao or be Yao'd world right now in MTO, unless you got Bill Russell to throw into the mix.
idgaf i go to work with that yao!!! he dont start but he key off the bench. i still use the glory days ruby olajuwon that rocked the world nov 2016-dec 24th 2016

psn- talkofanation
Twitter- @mrhennywillz

"and then the world gazed upon the one they call Hennessy Williams"
Old 02-07-2017, 01:23 PM   #48
Pro

Quote:

I lol'd pretty hard at that.

This thread tho...Im reading about all of these guys shutting down Yao with Emeralds and such....meanwhile, here are my bigs....

-Diamond Robinson.
-Diamond Dikembe.
-Diamond Bill.
-Yo.
-And the rest of the Lockdown set.

For the most part, I do fine with these guys. But Ive run into a couple games recently that were just from a different planet. One in particular....While Yao ruins Robinson in the post, Steph gets boards over his Yao and my Lockdowns. More than twice.

Something Ive really had to embrace lately regarding this game, is a sense of humor. If I dont laugh this stuff off, I get to the point where someone is gonna burn. LMAO. Not worth it. I dont play the game to get angry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »