Home

Penny vs J. Kidd

This is a discussion on Penny vs J. Kidd within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2017, 10:33 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Penny vs J. Kidd

Through some lucky snipes and grinding in the auction house, I've almost got my team where I want it...but I still need another elite point guard (Amy Magic will be in my lineup forever). I've had my sights set on Penny, but don't quite have the MT yet. Jason Kidd's attributes and badging look tremendous and he'll probably cost 40% of what Penny will, so I've gotta know from those who have used them...who's the better end-game PG?

Here's my current lineup

Starters
PG Amy Magic
SG Amy Harden
SF Diamond Jimmy Butler
PF Amy Marion
C Diamond Dikembe

2nd Unit
PG Ruby Curry
SG Amy Kobe
SF Ruby Klay
PF Diamond Ben Wallace
C Diamond Willis Reed

Bench
Ruby Fat Lever
Ruby Marc Gasol
Sapphire Robert Horry
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2017, 11:12 AM   #2
Rookie

AsYouSwish's Arena

Re: Penny vs J. Kidd

I haven't used Penny (he was too expensive for me) but I can tell you that Kidd is an end-game defender and distributor. I put a quick review in the other thread but he's everything I'm looking for in a PG as I rarely use score first PGs. And his shooting stats are good too if you leave him open. Just has a slower shot release so it may not be ideal for everyone.

Penny looks great too, I just haven't used him to comment confidently on.
Old 02-01-2017, 11:34 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsYouSwish
I haven't used Penny (he was too expensive for me) but I can tell you that Kidd is an end-game defender and distributor. I put a quick review in the other thread but he's everything I'm looking for in a PG as I rarely use score first PGs. And his shooting stats are good too if you leave him open. Just has a slower shot release so it may not be ideal for everyone.

Penny looks great too, I just haven't used him to comment confidently on.
IIRC, people generally didnt like last years Dom reward Kidd. But for the above purpose, he really came through for me. I rarely started him tho.

Im intrigued. Its not unusual for me to end a game with 0 points and 10 assists for either/both Magic and/or Payton. (side note....Ive made it a point to put Post Spin on Payton.....ISO backdown spin cheese almost always gets me a clutch score against any of the smaller PGs)
Old 02-01-2017, 01:50 PM   #4
Rookie

Dengness9's Arena

JKidd is pretty damn decent. Can really control. the offense. Had some big assist games with him. Shot isn't too hard to use. It's tough figuring out who to use with so many good PG's.

Finally scooped Penny today. Got him on XB1 for 230K but he has Diamond Jordan 1's on making his driving Dunk a 99, and his speed is mega boosted too. Have to work tonight, but will try him out and let you know!
Old 02-01-2017, 03:03 PM   #5
Rookie

Dengness9's Arena

Sold Rose for 245K on XB1. I'll take it. Needed MT Pt's. Penny plus all the Amy's in the wingmen set burnt a hole through my MT stash, but I needed DT Pip. I have like 654 cards. Not going any further into the collection. Time to start a massive selling of every player I don't or won't use.

I have the 2K app but is there a way to manage auction house other than being on your console?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2017, 04:00 PM   #6
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

I have Penny and JKidd and honestly, it depends what you are looking for.

JKidd is a more pure pg while penny is an animal offensively. Jkidd is a bit better on defense too.

JKidd is great for facilitating the offense while Penny can straight dominate. I'd have to say that Penny is still the best pg in the game but Jkidd is almost as good.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C using Operation Sports mobile app
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 02-01-2017, 04:21 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I have Penny and JKidd and honestly, it depends what you are looking for.

JKidd is a more pure pg while penny is an animal offensively. Jkidd is a bit better on defense too.

JKidd is great for facilitating the offense while Penny can straight dominate. I'd have to say that Penny is still the best pg in the game but Jkidd is almost as good.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C using Operation Sports mobile app
Do you think it would be wiser to get Kidd at 90-100K than to save for Penny at 225-250K? I mostly make MT from working the auction house and grinding out games, so it's a slow build to improve my lineup, though I should have around 250K if all my auctions go as I hope.
Old 02-01-2017, 05:16 PM   #8
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickstank
Do you think it would be wiser to get Kidd at 90-100K than to save for Penny at 225-250K? I mostly make MT from working the auction house and grinding out games, so it's a slow build to improve my lineup, though I should have around 250K if all my auctions go as I hope.
Jkidd at the cheaper price is definitely the way to go. He even has a little bit of a post game. The guy is truly all-around.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »