Home

How do you defend 5 out (Elite players only)

This is a discussion on How do you defend 5 out (Elite players only) within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2017, 11:22 AM   #9
Rookie

markyshizzle's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How do you defend 5 out (Elite players only)

@kaba

Pregame how do u setup your def settings typically?
Old 02-04-2017, 11:34 AM   #10
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

It took me months to figure it out, but this is all you really gotta do is when the game is underway and you're on defense:

1. D-pad right
2. right bumper
3. Switch All

And for added support against up-the-court inbound turbo cheesers:

1. left bumper
2. whatever button corresponding the defender to the primary ball handler.
3. right bumper X 2
4. Smother

It's so cute watching these 5 out spammers crumble & have nothing left to go to when they realize my defenders are switching after every screen. Now of course, you need the right personnel to do this. You need a 1 and a 5 that can guard anyone on the court like Magic and Wallace.

I still won games with bad offense easily with these on the fly settings and helped me go 11-0 in 2nd PD league to get Tony Parker.....Now I can relax with no pressure for a while starting in 3rd prestige bronze haha.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:52 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
It took me months to figure it out, but this is all you really gotta do is when the game is underway and you're on defense:

1. D-pad right
2. right bumper
3. Switch All

1. left bumper
3. right bumper X 2
4. Smother

It's so cute watching these 5 out spammers crumble & have nothing left to go to when they realize my defenders are switching after every screen. Now of course, you need the right personnel to do this. You need a 1 and a 5 that can guard anyone on the court like Magic and Wallace.

I still won games with bad offense easily with these on the fly settings and helped me go 11-0 in 2nd PD league to get Tony Parker.....Now I can relax with no pressure for a while starting in 3rd prestige bronze haha.
These tips are really simple and easy to follow, thanks so much for taking the time to share! I will have to try this when I get a chance.

I''m always tearing my head out at opponents who PnR, then kick out to someone on the corner with oceans of space.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2017, 12:04 PM   #12
Rookie

TheHennessyWilliams's Arena

a 2-3 with good wings and you watching the three point line manually will end any 5 out strategy. i just let them do it for about a quarter or so and then lock em down.

psn- talkofanation
Twitter- @mrhennywillz

"and then the world gazed upon the one they call Hennessy Williams"
Old 02-04-2017, 12:25 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offballer4life
In general, I am certainly a maniac. Unfortunately, my maniacal traits dont translate to the sticks. LOL. Im gonna give it a shot, bc Im honestly just getting bored of the same crap. Ive gotten to the point with PnR spam where if I have a lead, and am comfortable that I will beat my opponent, I just let him score. The Yao game is real. Diamond Drob has been getting scored on in unnatural ways. Like more than one game where my opponent's Yao went 8-8 from the floor. Or better. With all of the HOF badges floating around my squad, youd think someone would actually perform. Nope. Got Drob. Had 7 straight wins. Then lost 6in a row to the most ridiculous crap.
lol that's how I felt with diamond mutombo when I had him, he was getting dunk on left and right. But I come to learn in this game, no matter how good a defender your center is, standing dunks is OP, and really not much you can do about it.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:47 PM   #14
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19

1. D-pad right
2. right bumper
3. Switch All

1. left bumper
3. right bumper X 2
4. Smother

Forgot to mention..... you MUST play off ball during screens with any defender but the 2 involved in the pick for this to work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-04-2017, 03:38 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by markyshizzle
@kaba

Pregame how do u setup your def settings typically?
Yes

Go under (except a shooter where I go over)
Catch hedge
Switch on off ball screens
3/4 bottom on post

Switch guards on screens

Help and no rotation on all, except the centers where I use Auto
Help

In on-ball and off-ball defense I use Auto except Curry shooters where I use smother/deny
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2017, 06:27 AM   #16
Rookie

Hey guys, when i watch gameplay videos on youtube i notice that the defense settings always flash up once your offense set is over. How do you set this so that it shows? Saves me from being para and continually resetting my D each time

Sent from my SM-G930F using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »