Home

Gems of players in myteam

This is a discussion on Gems of players in myteam within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2017, 06:13 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Gems of players in myteam

Ruby Giannis:
i run him at the PG which is great at defending PnR, his length gives PG's second thoughts on trying to shoot of the screen, plus with Ben Wallace playing Center switches are nothing to fear. Also one of the few players who can give Magic trouble because of length postups are more likely to get blocked.

Ruby Josh Smith:
the thing that seperates him from other great cards is how his skills complement each other. With the right badges he greens corner 3's and if you overcommit on the closeout he has 64 ball control and 78 speed with ball, when he gets past his man and is gunning for the hoop for the hoop he has 88 driving layup, 95 driving, 80 contact dunk. I have had Smith poster Diamond Shaq and Diamond Mutumbo. Plus his defence is similar to Ben Wallace only slightly worse.

Ruby/Sapphire Drummond and Whiteside:
though i haven't had a chance to try these out yet the stats look incredible, Whiteside has
97 standing layup
92 post hook
82 open shot midrange
96 Offensive Rebound
97 Defensive Rebound
95 Block
98 Shot Contest
95 Standing Dunk
80 Driving Dunk
77 Contact Dunk
Drummond has
97 Standing Layup
80 Driving Layup
88 Post Hook
90 Offensive Rebound
98 Defensive Rebound
80 Block
86 Shot Contest
80 Steal
97 Standing Dunk
90 Driving Dunk
70 Contact Dunk
95 Strength
95!! Vertical, Ruby Drummond looks like a budget Shaq!
Old 02-08-2017, 08:53 PM   #10
Rookie

bottledwaterfan25's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm surprised no one has said Yao lol. Harden, Josh Smith and Bill Russell have all been mentioned, which is what I would have said. So I'll give a shout out to Amy Yao Ming. He comes off the bench for me and proceeds to get ridiculous blocks, offensive rebounds, posters over other centers, and seems to always green open mid range shots. He's slow as piss; but for the price he goes for you can't name a better center.
"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
Old 02-08-2017, 09:48 PM   #11
Pro

ideaman81's Arena

OVR: 3
Gems of players in myteam

Amy Fat Lever he can literally do everything. Great animations, great badges, and you can get him for less than 20K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2017, 10:56 PM   #12
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottledwaterfan25
I'm surprised no one has said Yao lol. Harden, Josh Smith and Bill Russell have all been mentioned, which is what I would have said. So I'll give a shout out to Amy Yao Ming. He comes off the bench for me and proceeds to get ridiculous blocks, offensive rebounds, posters over other centers, and seems to always green open mid range shots. He's slow as piss; but for the price he goes for you can't name a better center.
Well given pretty much every person who plays MT has Yao, I wouldn't exactly call him a hidden gem no matter how overpowered he is...

Agree on the Hardens and Josh Smith, both are key parts of my lineup.

Some of my random faves are:

Sapphire Nicolas Batum: 6ft 8 with 80s in both ball control and 3 point shooting make him very fun to play as a point forward

Sapphire Toni Kukoc: same as above except a bit taller and slower

Amethyst Elgin Baylor: dude is FAST and has ridiculous rebounding stats for a SF as well as 2 HoF inside scoring badges.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-09-2017, 02:02 AM   #13
Rookie

Have you tried Amy Lebron, and if you have how would you compare him up against Amy Elgin Baylor at the SF position?

I'm curious as I am considering moving on from Tayshun Prince. I find Tayshun is great at what he does and have real issue with him... he's actually one of my most consistent performers. However, for some reason I'm always looking to replace him... must be the fact that he is a ruby and he looks skinny af on the court?! My back up to him us Jaylen Rose who for some reason feels more "fun".

I guess I could always just wait for All Star wekeend?! I have 120k mt banked up, been patiently holding back on purchases.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-09-2017, 02:02 AM   #14
Rookie

have no real issue*

Old 02-09-2017, 02:34 AM   #15
Rookie

bottledwaterfan25's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballaz
Have you tried Amy Lebron, and if you have how would you compare him up against Amy Elgin Baylor at the SF position?

I'm curious as I am considering moving on from Tayshun Prince. I find Tayshun is great at what he does and have real issue with him... he's actually one of my most consistent performers. However, for some reason I'm always looking to replace him... must be the fact that he is a ruby and he looks skinny af on the court?! My back up to him us Jaylen Rose who for some reason feels more "fun".

I guess I could always just wait for All Star wekeend?! I have 120k mt banked up, been patiently holding back on purchases.

I had Amy Lebron in my lineup for a minute but I did not like him at all. Mind you, that I am a huge Lebron fan, and virtually every year he is a shoe in for my myteam lineups. This year however, his amy version is hot trash. It looks decent, and he plays good D; but his cold zones kill the card imo. I would honestly rather have (and do have) amy Kawhi Leonard in my lineup. I'll go even further, I would rather have a badged up sapphire Gordon Hayward than Amy Lebron this year, based on performance.
"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2017, 04:29 AM   #16
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballaz

The good thing about Prince is because of his Defensive Anchor badge, he's the perfect player to just kind of sub in and let him do his thing with minimal mistakes.

Regarding Baylor, I use him as a multi purpose sub for any of the 1-2-3 positions depending on who's tired and he does a solid job at each. He's undersized for SF but very fast, and can play the point and bully many PGs in the post.

He won't be the centerpiece of an offense but he does everything well, and is an awesome rebounder for a wing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »