Home

Auction house refreshes

This is a discussion on Auction house refreshes within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2017, 02:19 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Auction house refreshes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offballer4life
So if they followed an eBay system where auctions were live, you would have no problems? I personally dont see the difference. You know when the refresh time is. You can either choose to participate or not. If you choose not to, the the fact that someone else is going to snipe has absolutely no direct impact on you, your life, your game, your squad, etc. It obviously makes you feel a certain way, but to me it seems like a lot of wasted anger/frustration.

Im still failing to understand. I dont snipe much anymore. But I do snipe gold contracts. People sell them for 250-300. I buy as many as I can. Apply a few of them to my Amethyst cards. Put the rest up for 500-550MT. Last weekend I did this casually and ended up with about 20k profit, not to mention my players have contracts set for a while.

See what I did? 2Ks contract system is "a broken system". Diamonds should be 600MT for 5 contracts. But instead, Amethysts are 600MT and Diamonds are 400MT. Why participate in a broken system and pay 600MT for 5 contracts when I can take 2 minutes an hour and pay 250MT? Is it pathetic that I spent the minutes to do that? Or is it pathetic that I can turn around and sell my unwanted contracts for more than twice what I paid? Or is it pathetic that someone else is willing to pay double for something out of haste?

I suppose its that whole "opinions/buttholes" thing, but I still find your argument to be full of fallacies and contradictions, no matter how I try to interpret it.

And..."Refreshing at the exact moment they hit is pathetic".
What? LOL. So if I wait until :22 on the hour, and spend more on the desired purchase, Im NOT pathetic?

Bro, youve clearly had a bad experience with some stuff in the game. And its showing, because this specific point has no backing other than frustration with *something*. Have you missed out on good snipes? Are typical AH market prices unjustly high in your opinion?

I can actually agree with a couple of your other points. But this logic literally makes no sense at all, as it has ZERO impact on YOUR game. If someone is willing to sell a Diamond Dwight Howard for 2000MT, does waiting until 1 minute after refresh time make it more of a respectable act (when said Dwight will obviously be long gone)?

Your frustration is clouding your reasoning. Take a break.
Ebay sells everything and is vast, we are talking about a crowd of people just buying "virtual cards". your reasoning is flawed. I clearly stated i see no issue with making MT on the game, just not taking advantage of a very weak system.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:36 PM   #18
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmustfall16
There's no skill to it.. Everyone knows the auction house by now. Most of us just aren't pathetic enough to sit there all day refreshing the ****ing game or refreshing twitter for locker codes. Like I said, pathetic.
Theres no skill to turboing up the court on every possession to get a reward MT/card, but Im sure thats how 99% of ppl complete some of the challenges. It took me literally no effort to complete the Lin reward card challenge.

Your generalizing. I certainly DO NOT spend all day on the AH. And Im sure most ppl do not. I did that once, and was rewarded with approximately 100k in profit on a Saturday where my girlfriend was out of town and I had nothing else to do.

There is NO actual connection between codes and sniping. Other than this "no skill" argument. So lets break that one down...
- A person with no experience in the auction house, will not hop into MT and snipe without some knowledge or previously acquired SKILL as to what to search for.
- Codes require ONE skill. That skill is ....fast typing. Sure, its garbage that someone that has faster hands will get rewarded with a card that someone else may not. But its a skill nonetheless.
- Skills are not defined by the time one spends participating in aforementioned act.

And since we are throwing meaningless opinions around and talking about them....
It is my opinion that you either:
-dont have fully developed logic.
-are a troll.
-are angry about something particular in the game and you are lashing out at people that have literally NO IMPACT on your experience. Did you try for PD Love and not get him? Because your attitude reminds me a lot of myself back in 2k15 cycle when everyone was getting PD Melo, Shaq, Curry, MJ, etc.

I think Ill go with either a troll or youre angry. But your logic SKILLS might just need some sharpening.

Im not meaning this as a personal attack. But there is an underlying issue here that is rather glaring. You may be the only one that doesnt see it....
Old 02-17-2017, 03:03 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Theres no skill to turboing up the court on every possession to get a reward MT/card, but Im sure thats how 99% of ppl complete some of the challenges. It took me literally no effort to complete the Lin reward card challenge.

Your generalizing. I certainly DO NOT spend all day on the AH. And Im sure most ppl do not. I did that once, and was rewarded with approximately 100k in profit on a Saturday where my girlfriend was out of town and I had nothing else to do.

There is NO actual connection between codes and sniping. Other than this "no skill" argument. So lets break that one down...
- A person with no experience in the auction house, will not hop into MT and snipe without some knowledge or previously acquired SKILL as to what to search for.
- Codes require ONE skill. That skill is ....fast typing. Sure, its garbage that someone that has faster hands will get rewarded with a card that someone else may not. But its a skill nonetheless.
- Skills are not defined by the time one spends participating in aforementioned act.

And since we are throwing meaningless opinions around and talking about them....
It is my opinion that you either:
-dont have fully developed logic.
-are a troll.
-are angry about something particular in the game and you are lashing out at people that have literally NO IMPACT on your experience. Did you try for PD Love and not get him? Because your attitude reminds me a lot of myself back in 2k15 cycle when everyone was getting PD Melo, Shaq, Curry, MJ, etc.

I think Ill go with either a troll or youre angry. But your logic SKILLS might just need some sharpening.

Im not meaning this as a personal attack. But there is an underlying issue here that is rather glaring. You may be the only one that doesnt see it....
Pretty defensive... Everyone is a tough guy sitting behind a keyboard. Also, most of your post is based off assumptions. Sorry if i view this game different than you. It's clear your opinion is the only one that matters so I have absolutely nothing else to say to you.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:04 PM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Ebay sells everything and is vast, we are talking about a crowd of people just buying "virtual cards". your reasoning is flawed. I clearly stated i see no issue with making MT on the game, just not taking advantage of a very weak system.
2k sells point guards, shooting guards, small forwards, power forwards, and centers. As well as a plethora of shoes, player upgrades/badges, healing cards, jerseys, courts, coaches, balls, logos, playbooks. Current. Historic. There are plenty of things to spend your MT on.

Ebay is a virtual crowd of people buying real items. The relevance of what they sell seems arbitrary to me. They are an auction house where individual auctions appear as they are created. 2k has 4 quarter-hourly times that they update. So what? If anything, it makes the actual act of sniping much simpler. Trust me, I used to spend a lot of time on ebay buying and selling guitars and related accessories. You had to be on point all the time. In 2k, you can spend 30 seconds every 15 minutes doing this.

Sorry, I just dont see where this makes any sense. And to call someone "pathetic" for understanding and working the auction house to make some quick MT just shows your frustration (with whatever the core issue is) even more blatantly.

Dont like codes? Dont try to enter them. As much as I disagree with PD codes, I have yet to face anyone with KevinLove.

Dont like sniping? Dont like the auction house? Dont participate. Which I guess is what your plan is. But personal attacks are just lame.

Enjoy whatever it is that you find enjoyment in. Cheers!
Old 02-17-2017, 03:09 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Pretty defensive... Everyone is a tough guy sitting behind a keyboard. Also, most of your post is based off assumptions. Sorry if i view this game different than you. It's clear your opinion is the only one that matters so I have absolutely nothing else to say to you.

LOL. I wasnt being defensive at all, as a matter of fact. I was mainly pointing out that your explanation of "broken system" and "pathetic" were kind of lacking. Thats all.

Dont be sorry for anything. My opinion means no more than yours. And I will always be the first to tell you that, regardless of the point I am trying to debate. Im sorry that you perceived me differently than I would prefer, and Im sorry that you feel the need to never say anything to me....but wow dude. You sure you arent salty about something else? Enjoyed our discussion. Take it easy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2017, 03:09 PM   #22
Rookie

JMocks's Arena

Sniping is great. Do it in ever game like this. It's pretty fulfilling working your bankroll up instead of dropping real money to speed up the process.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:59 PM   #23
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickstank
This take is scorching hot. If someone wants to take the time to learn the auction house and snipe their way to a good MT bankroll instead of dropping hundreds of real dollars on VC, why is that an issue? And how exactly does it affect you and your enjoyment of the game or access to cards?
Come on, man... some of us snipe and grind our way to a good bankroll AND spend hundreds of real dollars on VC.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:03 PM   #24
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Quote:
Ebay is a virtual crowd of people buying real items. The relevance of what they sell seems arbitrary to me. They are an auction house where individual auctions appear as they are created. 2k has 4 quarter-hourly times that they update. So what? If anything, it makes the actual act of sniping much simpler. Trust me, I used to spend a lot of time on ebay buying and selling guitars and related accessories.
I paid our mortgage and my wife's way through her PhD selling sports cards on eBay. Understanding auction strategy and psychology pays enormous dividends in this and every other game with an auction house.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »