Home

How much will the best All Star cards cost?

This is a discussion on How much will the best All Star cards cost? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2017, 10:09 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
How much will the best All Star cards cost?

I've been working like a madman to make and save up MT for the All Star packs without spending any real money. When my last few auctions go, I'll be around 365k. I'm hoping the best cards will be around the 250K mark that T-mac and Penny were at when those cards were in high supply, but I'm worried that could be optimistic. What do you guys think the top tier cards in this collection will cost on the open market?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2017, 10:57 AM   #2
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Re: How much will the best All Star cards cost?

No one is going to know because it depends on too many factors. One thing I guarantee you is that there will be a lot of MT to be made during the pack frenzy. If you can resist spending, invest your MT and then you'll have enough to buy what you want later on.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:07 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00
No one is going to know because it depends on too many factors. One thing I guarantee you is that there will be a lot of MT to be made during the pack frenzy. If you can resist spending, invest your MT and then you'll have enough to buy what you want later on.
That's a good point. I've been able to be patient and accumulate MT over the last few weeks, but if the card I'm looking for drops, all bets are off haha. I'm basically praying for a Diamond LeBron. I'm happy with every position on my team except Pace and Space PF, a spot currently occupied by Amy Shawn Marion. Adding Diamond LeBron in that spot would give me a team I would be very happy with for a long time.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:39 AM   #4
Rookie

Dengness9's Arena

I have 560K and I'm worried it won't be enough so who knows.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:29 PM   #5
Pro

You guys are insane. Does owning a card worth 200k+ translate to wins? I've yet to lose to a Diamond Rose, Tmac, or Penny, and I'm a 47%win player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2017, 12:39 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offballer4life
You guys are insane. Does owning a card worth 200k+ translate to wins? I've yet to lose to a Diamond Rose, Tmac, or Penny, and I'm a 47%win player.
For me it's more about accomplishing a goal. I spent money to buy a Wingmen box topper and only got a handful of rubies that netted me about 50K. From that point, I decided I was going to learn to snipe like a boss to build the team I want instead of forking over a bunch of cash. I've made about 650-700K from sniping with that original 50K. I'm so close to having the team I see as one I can compete with and truly enjoy for the rest of the year, which is incredible considering my whole squad was rubies and reward players a month ago. Now I'm a Diamond LeBron away from being satisfied and switching from mostly sniping to mostly playing.

It's silly because it's just a game, but I feel accomplished with what I've been able to turn my team into without spending hundreds of dollars. I've been grinding in the auction house for this exact purpose, so if that means spending too much on the guy I want, so be it. Here's hoping Diamond LeBron is forthcoming!

http://2kmtcentral.com/17/lineups/285183/current-squad

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »