Home

Diamond and PD card rating boost discussions

This is a discussion on Diamond and PD card rating boost discussions within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2017, 05:58 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Diamond and PD card rating boost discussions

The changes are very intriguing. When I get home tonight I have to completely reevaluate all of my players and possibly make a whole new rotation. Wish they added some more badges to the historic rewards. But still, there are a lot of interesting changes that will change the way I look at some of my players that have left my rotation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2017, 06:26 PM   #26
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsYouSwish
As of last night you could finish Pistons or Bucks for less than 100k. Not sure about now.
The rubies in the Pistons set shot up initially, but they're dropping now that people are busting packs again. The Bucks set seems pretty affordable too.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:20 PM   #27
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Did rewards diamond Williis Reed receive any upgrades?

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-14-2017, 10:33 PM   #28
MVP

Pretty cool stuff for those of us with some of these Diamonds, who were seeing them fade to irrelevancy with the Theme Diamonds and their much higher quality.

Really nice and meaningful boosts to all the Collector Rewards: Hayes, Kiki, Hill, and King (and the PD's). All of them get nice boosting, some really nice boosting.

Take Bernard King, whose boosts people aren't really talking about, as they're less impressive than the others'. He only got +1 to Standing 3, and while he got +13 and +10 to Contested/Off-Dribble 3, they're not high enough to make those shots very viable for him. But, he also got +13 Post Fade and +6 Post Hook to go to 88 and 84 in those ratings, with Post Control at 74.

One of the Shoe boosts I've often applied to King was to Post Fade to make him a post-up threat at the 3 and 2. Now I am getting a +13 Post Fade built in. If I want to, I can get him up to a Dirk-like 97 Post Fade, and probably also 87 Post Hook, and 80 Post Control. In a 6'7" guy who can run with guards.

And while his new default Contested/Off-Dribble 3 ratings are not shots you want to take as they are, they're now boostable to that sort of range. Can get his Off-Dribble 3 to at least 84, maybe 87, with the right shoe.

Or, in Speed, he got the minor bumps of +4 Speed to 92, and +1 Accel to 90 (Speed w/Ball remains 90). So, if one wants, one can use a shoe to get him to really elite speed levels across the board...with 6'7" height and post-up skills. Pretty awesome.

With the outside shooting of bigs, it's just cartoonish now. Sabonis now has 87/80 Open/Contested 3. If you use him with Diamond Manu and get the duo boost, Sabonis goes to 91/88 Open/Contested 3. It's crazy. Imagine what he can be with the duo boost and a shoe. If I can boost that to 89 with a Shoe, with Deep-Range Deadeye, that's a fairly big deal.

But it should be noted that, without adding better badging, the Historic Rewards are still comparatively at very big disadvantages, compared to Theme Diamonds. Ratings-wise, the Bucks Reward Moncrief is just awesome, with elite midrange and solid 3-point shooting to go with his elite defense...but he only has 3 upgradeable badges, no HoF badges, and while he has Microwave, he doesn't have Defensive Anchor.

Total B.S.

And if they fix this later on, it's almost worse. At least on PC, the only time that Historic Rewards are affordable is if you are careful to get good deals on the Historic Collection while they are the current TBT pack. Once that is over, they steadily rise to ludicrous prices that are totally unaffordable. And I mean "unaffordable" even to those of us who know how to work the AH and make bankrolls of 1M+ MT.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:38 PM   #29
Rookie

Whoever got that Diamond Worthy came out the winner here, now he is just ridiculous.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:16 PM   #30
MVP

Wallace only went up 1 OVR but the individual stat boosts are quite nice
Shot Close 85-90
Driving Layup 55-79
Standing Dunk 95-97
Driving Dunk 85-90
Draw Foul 82-88
Post Control 75-79
Post Hook 60-79
Passing IQ 55-75
Free Throw 44-55
Steal 84-88
Old 02-15-2017, 12:34 AM   #31
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

These boosts to Hill, King, Hayes, etc. led me to dump Diamond Harden and a bunch of others. I never really got anything out of Harden, and I always wished I had Butler in there because at least he plays lockdown defense and I don't feel the need to try to force it with him.

I went out and finished the collection to get Bing. I already had Magic and Robertson, but I'm a Pistons fan. Working on the Moncrief collection now, and I might end up going for Pink Diamond West.

Working my way through Historic Domination, and my plan all along was to take Parker. Now, there's zero need for him and with these boosts, Lucas, Potter and Goodrich are the best options by far. Anyone have any experience with Goodrich?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2017, 01:38 AM   #32
Rookie

Wow I am so impressed with Adrian dantley now. He is a complete beast if you put him at the 2 spot. Completely unstoppable for most matchups.

Really having fun with the roster since the update. Grant Hill is the real deal too! This was a fantastic upgrade.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »