Home

Now that the plague is back.....

This is a discussion on Now that the plague is back..... within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2017, 02:46 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Now that the plague is back.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
Its clearly for marking reasons, same reason they ask for retweets to reveal tbt teams and theme cards.
100% marketing.

The idea is actually genius but i think its too hard for most to obtain.

If it was a timed, unlimited volume release it would be perfect.

How can you argue against it. 2k gets its hype machine going crazy, people all over the world scramble to be available for the hour it is said to drop and bang there it is, 60 seconds to punch the code and you got youre free pink diamond. 2 releases to cater for prime time zones and its over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2017, 03:46 PM   #26
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blraob
100% marketing.

The idea is actually genius but i think its too hard for most to obtain.

If it was a timed, unlimited volume release it would be perfect.

How can you argue against it. 2k gets its hype machine going crazy, people all over the world scramble to be available for the hour it is said to drop and bang there it is, 60 seconds to punch the code and you got youre free pink diamond. 2 releases to cater for prime time zones and its over.
Yeah, but they do that once and everyone gets him. No one cares when they drop him again and MyTeam is ruined.

They give out a few and people go nuts when they drop it and don't get one. And repeat.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:24 PM   #27
MVP

If the various issues with MyTeam and/or 2K policy, strategy, etc. bother you in an emotional way and actually make you angry, then I think you should consider not playing this game, or this mode, at least, any more.

It's not for me to characterize that emotion as legitimate or not, but if you really feel visceral anger due to a game, then reconsider if you should be playing the game at all. Because, if it pisses you off, why are you playing it?

I, myself, need to think if I want to play MyTeam any more. I think I'm tired of the never-ending obsolescence of what came before. The very nature of MyTeam is to encourage you to constantly feel unsatisfied with your team and to desire some new card that has just been released...even though you know it will be supplanted with something better in a few weeks. I'm a little sick of striving to get some really high card and then, two weeks later, feeling like I *need* something more/better.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:35 PM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
The very nature of MyTeam is to encourage you to constantly feel unsatisfied with your team and to desire some new card that has just been released...even though you know it will be supplanted with something better in a few weeks. I'm a little sick of striving to get some really high card and then, two weeks later, feeling like I *need* something more/better.
This is my first year playing MyTeam, and this is exactly what I've been experiencing. I've spent way more time sniping in recent weeks to upgrade my team than actually playing! It's gotten to the point that I'm looking at Dwight Howard to replace Dikembe Mutombo...the same Mutombo I grinded a lot of hours in the auction house to get...and I hate Dwight Howard!

I came to the realization earlier today that my team, while far from a god squad, is really good and I enjoy playing with the guys on it. So screw Dwight Howard and any other shiny new thing that might come. I've got 380K MT and a strong/fun team. It's time to quit wasting my time in the auction house and play the hell out of this game.

http://2kmtcentral.com/17/lineups/285183/current-squad
Old 02-15-2017, 06:58 PM   #29
Rookie

TheHennessyWilliams's Arena

i spend a lot of time sniping but really not that much. im pissed i missed the kevin love again at 3:15 lol when i was up.

question?!!!! do cards in the unstarted auction have a time limit or can i sell them whenever???

psn- talkofanation
Twitter- @mrhennywillz

"and then the world gazed upon the one they call Hennessy Williams"
Old 02-15-2017, 09:31 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHennessyWilliams

question?!!!! do cards in the unstarted auction have a time limit or can i sell them whenever???
Ive had cards sitting in unatarted auctions for weeks now.

When i open packs i stock contracts and badges in my unstarted auctions, and also sell them for 'unsellable or too high prices' in order to get them into my auction outcomes section to sit in and for me to use when i need them.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:26 PM   #31
Rookie

TheHennessyWilliams's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blraob
Ive had cards sitting in unatarted auctions for weeks now.

When i open packs i stock contracts and badges in my unstarted auctions, and also sell them for 'unsellable or too high prices' in order to get them into my auction outcomes section to sit in and for me to use when i need them.
thanks i got about 45 cards from all star pack that i spent awhile last night buying for 500-900 mt... so in a few days or even after next pack comes out...

psn- talkofanation
Twitter- @mrhennywillz

"and then the world gazed upon the one they call Hennessy Williams"
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »