Home

R.I.P Sim gamers (MTO) only

This is a discussion on R.I.P Sim gamers (MTO) only within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2017, 10:26 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: R.I.P Sim gamers (MTO) only

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8board
This is why we NEED a 3 different MTO leagues. one for overall team rating less than 80, another for 90 or 95 and one more that's unrestricted.

At least give us restricted leagues early on. Unrestricted all the way through is so cheese.

The problems will still remain as long as they have unrealistic ratings. Moments cards and historic cards aren't base on stats. What make things worst you can add any badge and shoes to a cards that inflate their ratings even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law504
Last year I only lost 2 games in MTO mode and thats by playing sim ball, Im just saying that you need to change your style of play if you want to win this year, you need to cheese, I hate cheesing and i feel very bad for cheesing my first try when I got Duncan but now that Im bored I want to beat MTO again by just running plays and its very hard.... lol

What's your interpretation of cheese?

Is not running plays cheese to you?
Old 02-21-2017, 10:39 AM   #10
Rookie

AsYouSwish's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718

This is the general problem with "cheese". Everything is cheese to somebody. Not running plays is cheese. Running plays is cheese. Running the same thing multiple times in a row when your opponent can't stop it is cheese. Taking advantage of a mismatch is cheese. Changing your strategy to stop your opponent is cheese. Pick and Roll is cheese. Playing off-ball when your opponent is putting Ben Wallace at the 3 point line is cheese. Having Magic post up is cheese. Dribble moves are cheese. Passing is cheese. Using turbo is cheese. Taking charges is cheese. Having the computer call a foul on you is cheese.

Everything is cheese to someone. There are ways to play the game to more accurately represent what real basketball looks like but no matter what you do somebody will call it cheese. I try not to worry too much about what my opponent thinks of how I play.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:53 AM   #11
Pro

Bi00's Arena

The only way to stop cheesing is to stop playing the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2017, 11:01 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:

Ι played against a guy yesterday, he ran EVERY single offense with that double high screen, with the Center rolling and the PF popping.

EVERY single offense. After the 3rd 4th in a row, I switched to 2-3 zone.

He continued running the same play even when he was losing by 25+

I am pretty sure he will say that he was a "sim" player because he run a play
Old 02-21-2017, 11:06 AM   #13
Pro

After an inordinate amount of time sniping to get my team where I want it, I finally spent a good chunk of a day playing MTO. I ran the Sapphire league and got a mediocre Diamond shoe. I've heard Ruby is where things get real, and the first and only game I've played in Ruby featured a 5-out offense with Yao at center. He ran high pick and roll most half-court possessions and was successful at first. Then I started controlling my big man when he would call the PnR and was totally able to bottle him up and won by 15. You guys weren't lying! It actually made me feel pretty good I was able to shut that nonsense down. I'm sure I'll be seeing plenty more of it.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:57 PM   #14
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

I got PD Tim Duncan and multiple reward diamonds & amys by running plays in MTO.

The easiest guys to defend for me are the ones who just iso and PnR IMO.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 02-21-2017, 01:08 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
In MT sim players always have the advantage early in the game cycle. The cheesers are still mastering the new exploits. This year with the nerfed ratings it was a lot easier to dominate early on. Bad player didn't have op cards to bail them out. As time passed more and more op cards were released and cheesers have the mechanics down pat. In MTO a high level cheeser will beat a level sim players most of the time. 2k has made strides in making the game more sim but most of it thrown out the window in MT, with all these cards with inflated rating.

They're a lot of trash plays but overall plays aren't trash. All the bumping and hold that goes on does slow down a lot of plays making a plan to run. Understand formations and where your players have to be for a play to start alleviates a lot of that. Once you weed out the bad ones running plays is rewarding. Every PB I used have atleast 3/5 plays that will get me a good shot.
I hate the inconsistency of plays. Sometimes I pass to a player and off-line he runs to the 3pt line, but in MTO he runs closer to the FT line where the opponent can close out easily. I know how to run the play and yet on-line it just does random things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2017, 01:36 PM   #16
Rookie

2k has to address this next year. It is a major pet peeve of mine this year. Who want to just play wild random basketball. I guess majority do. I am not whining or complaining. I just want the game to be better. We have to keep pressure on the game to get it better if they want me to invest time and money in the franchise.
I could care less about "cheese" as long as there is a way to combat it or counter it.
But i do care about the inconsistent actions of players and moves. Not knowing what my players are going to do is ridiculous.

Last edited by lexxon11; 02-21-2017 at 01:41 PM. Reason: add more information

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »