Home

Should I give up on the Emerald League diamond shoe?

This is a discussion on Should I give up on the Emerald League diamond shoe? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2017, 05:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Should I give up on the Emerald League diamond shoe?

Hey guys, wanted your opiniom on whether I should just give up on my diamond shoe grind. I am still in Emerald League and just got a loss on mt first game after my first loss after resetting it for the 5th time.

I am wondering if it is worth it to keep resetting or whether it'd be better to move up leagues as I want to move to All-Star difficulty. I focus more on the inside game and always get splashed upon, so I figure the game might be more suited to me in the leagues above.

OR, I can keep persisting with sweeping Emerald/Sapphire if you guys think it'll only get harder from here in terms of opponents (i.e. it's just a lack of skill in my part as if I were good enough to cut it, I'd be able to sweep Emerald/Sapphire leagues anyway).

Thanks for listening!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2017, 05:22 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Should I give up on the Emerald League diamond shoe?

Competition and lineups should get better/harder, but the difficulty level, once you get up to Ruby, should more suit your game.

Ultimately, only you can answer the question, as it really comes down to your individual patience and whether or not time spent playing is a waste if it can't go directly toward getting a Diamond Shoe.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:31 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballaz
Hey guys, wanted your opiniom on whether I should just give up on my diamond shoe grind. I am still in Emerald League and just got a loss on mt first game after my first loss after resetting it for the 5th time.

I am wondering if it is worth it to keep resetting or whether it'd be better to move up leagues as I want to move to All-Star difficulty. I focus more on the inside game and always get splashed upon, so I figure the game might be more suited to me in the leagues above.

OR, I can keep persisting with sweeping Emerald/Sapphire if you guys think it'll only get harder from here in terms of opponents (i.e. it's just a lack of skill in my part as if I were good enough to cut it, I'd be able to sweep Emerald/Sapphire leagues anyway).

Thanks for listening!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Operation Sports mobile app
Definitely keep going for it. It will never be easier than the first time because it requires the least amount of wins to get the shoe. I did the emerald reset after I got screwed by a disconnect and I don't regret it. Diamond shoes are super helpful, especially on guys you consider end game players
Old 02-22-2017, 05:35 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 17

It will only get harder because it'll require a extra win every league you move up. Sapphire & emerald leagues are on the same difficulty setting. So you won't see a difference in gameplay. Focus on improving your game you don't have to rush through MTO. You should be able to pound the paint in the emerald league. Build a balanced team that can shoot & defend. You'll get better over time, IMO diamond shoes are to valuable to pass up on. Especially in your 1st run through MTO.

Good luck
Old 02-22-2017, 05:54 PM   #5
Pro

Bi00's Arena

You are already in all-star difficulty, you move to Superstar at Ruby. I personally think the diamond shoes are some of the best rewards that this game has so I am going for all of them. The first two are by far the easiest.

Last edited by Bi00; 02-22-2017 at 06:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2017, 06:05 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

As someone that took 8 tries to get the diamond shoes on Emerald and then 5 tries to get it on Sapphire, I would recommend going for it. The shoes are the best non-player reward in the game IMO.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:23 PM   #7
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Get those Diamond Shoes. They're game changers on the right player.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:53 PM   #8
Rookie

Definitely go for the diamond shoes. Like everyone said it only gets harder from here on out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »