Home

Which diamond reward should I select?

This is a discussion on Which diamond reward should I select? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2017, 01:02 PM   #9
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Which diamond reward should I select?

@kabamaru

If you see my lineup I have Ben and Lucas already. I don't like Ben in my main rotation due to his height but if I've got a decent lead or need a stop I definitely bring him in. He can win you games all by himself on that end for sure.

I agree about Lucas he's prob the best stretch four not named Porzingis especially after the update.

I couldn't do Thompson because of his release. I know you should be slashing with him still he just never impressed me, every time I see him I just back up and stand near the paint and he doesn't do much. He'll get to the line a couple times but that's about it.

I went with Gail and have no regrets his shooting is amazing. He does much more though as he can playmake and shoot off the dribble. He gets to the line and can actually dunk despite the low numbers. He replaced Klay for me and it's nice to have somebody that can actually run the break, this guys so quick in transition and goes right to the corners. I tried most of the sniper SG and early impressions are this guy tops them all. Smooth release too.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:38 PM   #10
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by P234thetruth
I went with Gail and have no regrets his shooting is amazing. He does much more though as he can playmake and shoot off the dribble. He gets to the line and can actually dunk despite the low numbers. He replaced Klay for me and it's nice to have somebody that can actually run the break, this guys so quick in transition and goes right to the corners. I tried most of the sniper SG and early impressions are this guy tops them all. Smooth release too.
I'm paying attention to all these convos because I'm two games away from finishing Historic. I've been dragging my feet, because that's the end of the offline content other than challenges. All along, I assumed I was taking Parker because I love his game. But now I'm definitely going with Goodrich. I've got Hill and King, so I don't need Thompson. I've got Robinson, Chambers, Gilmore, Dikembe and Russell, so I don't need Mikan or Lucas. Goodrich is the obvious choice, and I've been running the Emerald Goodrich - Emerald Jones Duo on my challenge squad the last couple weeks and his release is money.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:45 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimaceZ7
There isn't one that I'm aware of that has Parker's floater package, which is by far the best and makes him unstoppable on the pick and roll (and he has HOF Pick and Roll Maestro).
The biggest letdown when I picked up Parker was the absence of HoF Tear dropper, I mean it's a trademark in his game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2017, 02:14 PM   #12
Rookie

Well based off of your lineup. Honestly can pick either of them you don't need shooting with harden Durant klay, you don't slashing, you don't need bigs. Pick a player to use in a all time team or a theme team. That's literally it.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:41 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Ben Wallace is undeniable the best defensive Center in the game, and for me it will be an end game card, no matter if is a sub
I thought this for a long time as well, but once I got to Ruby league and ran into squads with multiple offensive-minded 7 footers, I started having games where Wallace would only get 4 minutes total as my 3rd Center because he would get repeatedly torched in the low post. Then I moved him to the 4, and he was a perfect defender there, but the spacing got extremely clogged on offense. I kept him in my 13 for a while thereafter getting spot minutes at the 4 and the 5, and recently just replaced him with Elvin Hayes so I can get more spacing. I think Mikan is the best of the 3 diamond reward bigs.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:45 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by P234thetruth
I couldn't do Thompson because of his release. I know you should be slashing with him still he just never impressed me, every time I see him I just back up and stand near the paint and he doesn't do much.
Almost everyone backs off of him to stop the drive and force him to shoot with that ridiculously fast release, but almost no one takes advantage of his moving/leaning midrange shot. Any time I'm inside the 3 point line with him and the defender is backing off, I just do a leaning midrange J where the release is extremely smooth instead of terrible.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:59 PM   #15
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Just finished Historic. Went with Goodrich. If I get another Diamond token, I'm taking Parker. No regrets on Goodrich at all. His shot is amazing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2017, 07:26 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimaceZ7
Just finished Historic. Went with Goodrich. If I get another Diamond token, I'm taking Parker. No regrets on Goodrich at all. His shot is amazing.
How are you planning on balancing out minutes for Goodrich and Moncrief?

I'm still on the fence about locking in for Moncrief or not, but only because, if I have to choose one or the other, I think I take Diamond Artest over Diamond Moncrief and I'm not sure if I can have enough MT in time for Pacers TBT if I lock in Moncrief.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »