Home

Do you think 2K will fix their disconnect policies?

This is a discussion on Do you think 2K will fix their disconnect policies? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2017, 09:26 AM   #1
MVP

justlaze's Arena

OVR: 0
Do you think 2K will fix their disconnect policies?

Hey fellas,

I don't want to start a new rant thread, but I seriously thinking of letting go of my favorite mode. Their are issues with MTO, which can not be tolerated from customer perspective.

We can argue about the existence of equalizer or the neverending problem of playing against different difficulty settings, but how can it be legally accepted that a disconnect from either player leads to a loss for both?

It's the second time for me within 7 Games played that some rage kid pulls his LAN Cable because he doesn't stand a chance. So instead of being 7-0 in PD League I have 5-2 now.

Instead of telling myself "lets do that 5-0 run now" I'm tending towards "f*** this mode".

I really don't see the point of spending VC or time in AH anymore, because even though you build a great team and are able to perform in MTO, you get the L because some rager is able to deny you by a foolish trick.

When will 2K make a stop to this non-sense? Will they ever? I can not remember having this issue in the past years. If they keep on marching on this route it will be a no-brainer for me to spend more time in other modes or games.

How are you feeling about this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2017, 09:36 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Do you think 2K will fix their disconnect policies?

I feel kind of guilty for admitting it but I haven't copped many losses from opponents disconnecting. Definitely once, but maybe only one other time as well. I've played about 150 games so far and I'm from Australia so maybe the servers are more stable here?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-04-2017, 09:40 AM   #3
MVP

justlaze's Arena

I'm not talking about the stability of servers.

You can go ahead and plug out your LAN Cable or perform a connection test while playing MTO and it will lead to a guaranteed loss of your opponent.

I can't understand how this is tolerated. A lot of people are abusing this.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:07 AM   #4
Rookie

I have support looking into this and they acknowledged that as a problem. Waiting to hear what the timeliness of a fix could be. I will let you know when I know more.

In the meantime you can try to keep the game close so they don't quit in the 1st half. There doesn't seem to be any issues with 2nd half disconnect leading to losses. This was advice from support and I concur with this from my experience.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:58 AM   #5
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

I've posted about this before its unacceptable. It's been happening so much to me lately. I'm going for the diamond shoe in Emerald and swept it 3x but every single time had that one rage quit where they quit and I get the L robbing me of my shoe. It's not easy to just keep it close when you have to fight the equalizer on top of it and of course you don't want to lose when trying to go undefeated you play to win. Lots of these guys are pathetic too if it's a 12-14 point game they quit, you get a few stops in a row they quit, you hit a couple back to back threes they quit.

Its gotten so bad when someone quits it's a 50/50 chance I'll get credited with the win. I don't remember it happening this bad through my first 2 prestiges. 2k needs to address this BS and fix it enough is enough.

Last edited by P234thetruth; 03-04-2017 at 12:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2017, 01:04 PM   #6
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
I'm not talking about the stability of servers.

You can go ahead and plug out your LAN Cable or perform a connection test while playing MTO and it will lead to a guaranteed loss of your opponent.

I can't understand how this is tolerated. A lot of people are abusing this.
Pretty sure its a server stability issue even if your opponents pulls the plug. You'll receive less losses if you play in the dead times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »