Home

what do u love and hate about myteam?

This is a discussion on what do u love and hate about myteam? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2017, 05:24 PM   #9
Pro

anditbeg1ns's Arena

OVR: 0
what do u love and hate about myteam?

No one mentioned the abomination that is Blacktop cuz most ppl don't play it anymore. But boy is the reward system (gameplay for that matter) terrible. Blacktop was fun last year. But the whole "punishing" players with technical fouls after wins is BS. It's nearly impossible to collect all the rewards unless you play like 3000 games.

I also want hate the repetitiveness of weekly challenges. It's wash rinse and repeat every week with different teams. Give us historical challenges, play against historical teams, etc. i.e score 100 points with a player, take your team to beat the 96 Bulls in the finals (7 game series) break MJ's playoff scoring record, match Kareem's 5x5 stat line.

Every week I loathe playing the challenges because it's the same old crap that presents no difficulty in finishing, but only do it because of the rewards.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by anditbeg1ns; 03-07-2017 at 05:30 PM.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:29 PM   #10
Pro

Re: what do u love and hate about myteam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anditbeg1ns
No one mentioned the abomination that is Blacktop cuz most ppl don't play it anymore. But boy is the reward system (gameplay for that matter) terrible. Blacktop was fun last year. But the whole "punishing" players with technical fouls after wins is BS. It's nearly impossible to collect all the rewards unless you play like 3000 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I was wondering about this. This is my first year on MyTeam and once I figured out what blacktop was, I got very confused about why people bother grinding out that many games for PD Isaiah. It might have made sense a little earlier in the year, but with all the incredible diamonds dropping these days, what's the draw of playing over 1,000 games to get one guy? I feel like I'm missing something.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:04 PM   #11
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickstank
I was wondering about this. This is my first year on MyTeam and once I figured out what blacktop was, I got very confused about why people bother grinding out that many games for PD Isaiah. It might have made sense a little earlier in the year, but with all the incredible diamonds dropping these days, what's the draw of playing over 1,000 games to get one guy? I feel like I'm missing something.
You may have to play 1000 games to get a card that isn't really any better than cards you can just buy in the auction house, but at least the games you have to play to get him are miserable. There's a reason why they call it "grinding" Blacktop and not "playing" Blacktop.

I gave the mode a second chance the other day and it made me so mad I just gave up on it. It's not worth it. There isn't a card you can pull that I would use.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2017, 07:13 PM   #12
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8

I hate that I can't I can't assign my players plays and playtypes.

I hate that the offline portion of it so bare bones(MUT is getting the vast majority of my time because of this).

I hate how my rookie Kevin Garnett looks like father time Kevin Garnett and has short stubby arms.

I love creating my team's uniforms and customizing my arena.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:47 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8board
this year i love the variety and not seeing everyone use the same line ups

hate how easily opponents can score even after you scored.
My Team much like Madden ultimate team is nothing but a bunch of super teams butting heads.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:55 PM   #14
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

love the whole mode except random h2h's who cheese (can't do much about that cheesers cheese) but the one thing I hate, in all these UT modes... CONTRACTS. Just remove them. It makes MLB the show so much better in this way. I'd be more willing to spend money on packs if I didn't have to worry about contracts. Instead I just stop playing. Contracts are the purest form of money grab in these modes. Its the worst in FIFA but if they wanted a semblance of "we're not just money grabbing" they would all get rid of contracts.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:11 PM   #15
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
love the whole mode except random h2h's who cheese (can't do much about that cheesers cheese) but the one thing I hate, in all these UT modes... CONTRACTS. Just remove them. It makes MLB the show so much better in this way. I'd be more willing to spend money on packs if I didn't have to worry about contracts. Instead I just stop playing. Contracts are the purest form of money grab in these modes. Its the worst in FIFA but if they wanted a semblance of "we're not just money grabbing" they would all get rid of contracts.
Contracts reduce inflation in the market so they should just replace contracts with an increased AH fee or something similar.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »