Home

One for the Equalizer isn't real crowd.

This is a discussion on One for the Equalizer isn't real crowd. within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2017, 11:27 PM   #65
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: One for the Equalizer isn't real crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschmib
I'm praying to god 2k18 is at least a little better in this regard. 2k has to know how outraged the community is over this crap.
They know. They don't care.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2017, 08:28 AM   #66
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Amazing how the game has been out for 8 months and no one has managed to post a full game of the equalizer happening.

Since you guys won't do it, later today I'll go make a bronze lineup and an emerald/sapphire lineup, play a couple games and post the results.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:31 AM   #67
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Amazing how the game has been out for 8 months and no one has managed to post a full game of the equalizer happening.

Since you guys won't do it, later today I'll go make a bronze lineup and an emerald/sapphire lineup, play a couple games and post the results.
we actually need a comparison from a full diamond lineup to a ruby/emerald one, but I don't really got the time to spend playing these games in order to have a decent sample size. I don't say we have an Equalizer which applies automatically if emeralds meets diamonds, but I noticed my players playing differently in some games. Why would 95+ rated shooters go 1/10 all game long? like every one?! I think there is something which applies, but I don't know exactly what it is or how we should call it. sometimes a game feels scripted and then the next its normal again. hard to describe.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:48 AM   #68
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
we actually need a comparison from a full diamond lineup to a ruby/emerald one, but I don't really got the time to spend playing these games in order to have a decent sample size. I don't say we have an Equalizer which applies automatically if emeralds meets diamonds, but I noticed my players playing differently in some games. Why would 95+ rated shooters go 1/10 all game long? like every one?! I think there is something which applies, but I don't know exactly what it is or how we should call it. sometimes a game feels scripted and then the next its normal again. hard to describe.
This is my experience as well. The tell-tale sign that something is funky in a given game is when my team full of elite defenders goes totally brain-dead as soon as the ball is tipped. Guys with 90+ in every defensive rating, including defensive consistency, don't follow my defensive settings, leave dangerous shooters wide open and let their guys cut to the hoop freely. Another good sign is when the defender I control feels like he's stuck in the mud. I'm not a great on-ball defender, but I'm good enough that Diamond Gary Payton shouldn't consistently be a pylon against a Ruby point guard.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:55 AM   #69
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
This is what I mean. People claim it exist but everyone has a different criteria for when and how it activates.

I've heard people say it's because of the difficulty difference when someone in he Ruby and up leagues plays someone im the Emerald and below leagues. Some people say it activates when you play against all-Diamond squads? OK but 4-5 months ago before all-Diamond teams were the norm people were complaining about the equalizer happening against their Ruby/Amethyst teams, so what happened? Does the equalizer not apply to Ruby/Amethyst teams anymore? When I was playing in the 3rd Prestige Diamond and Pink Diamond leagues, I was getting matched up with players in the 1st Prestige Emerald league and stomping them out no problem. Matter of fact my toughest challenges came from players in the 2nd and 3rd prestiges. And that makes sense because those guys were onviously better at the game.

And how could your shooters go 1-10 every game or even the majority of games? You have to be exaggerating because that just doesn't add up.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:56 AM   #70
Pro

Bi00's Arena

People are still trying to figure this out and no one knows the coding behind the game. So we have different ideas about what activates these sliders. Although most people do agree that the effects of equalizer are the same because we see it all the time.

I'm also hesitant to say that a diamond team automatically activates against a low rated squad because even though I've been effected by it, there have also been cases where I've faced a Ruby squad without equalizer. Those games are usually complete blowouts but the sample size is small because most people quit by the half.

Whatever the case, it is extremely frustrating to keep playing this game when this is in effect. You already have to deal with probabilities with animations, shots, etc but it's just too much that your own player's ratings fluctuates as well. And I want to empathize that it isn't a matter of winning or losing that bothers me about this and I'm still winning a high percentage of games with or without equalizer. It just straight up isn't fun when one game you're playing with diamonds and the next game/quarter/etc your team turns into bronzes.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:13 PM   #71
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
And how could your shooters go 1-10 every game or even the majority of games? You have to be exaggerating because that just doesn't add up.
thats not what I meant. I had that game where all my elite shooters stopped hitting wide open shots. it was so hilarious that I started talking to the random opponent and we laughed what cheese this game is. that whould have been a decent video, but I'm not a recording type of guy. it was literally that one game, which completely stood out. then afterwards my shooters played as they should in other MTO games.

experiences like this make people claim that something is fishy here and there. and yeah I dont go ahead and call it EQ...could be simply coding fails which occur tbh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2017, 12:36 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
This is what I mean. People claim it exist but everyone has a different criteria for when and how it activates.

I've heard people say it's because of the difficulty difference when someone in he Ruby and up leagues plays someone im the Emerald and below leagues. Some people say it activates when you play against all-Diamond squads? OK but 4-5 months ago before all-Diamond teams were the norm people were complaining about the equalizer happening against their Ruby/Amethyst teams, so what happened? Does the equalizer not apply to Ruby/Amethyst teams anymore? When I was playing in the 3rd Prestige Diamond and Pink Diamond leagues, I was getting matched up with players in the 1st Prestige Emerald league and stomping them out no problem. Matter of fact my toughest challenges came from players in the 2nd and 3rd prestiges. And that makes sense because those guys were onviously better at the game.

The consensus seems to be, when you face a lesser team your cads get nerfed while your opponent cards gets buffed. So it can be all ruby vs all gold. This debate has been going on for years and I agree with you. How come we haven't seen any videos. The stories that been told on these forums sound crazy but I haven't seen any clips.

There isn't a system in this game that make higher rated teams play poorly vs lower rated. Funky things happens all the time and across all modes. The equalizer crowd make it seem like it only happens or it's magnified vs lesser team. In my experience this isn't the case. I played close to 600 MTO games and I had games vs lesser teams that I shoot lights out and held my opponent below 40% from the field. I also had very poor performances vs lesser teams. I don't feel a different experience playing vs lower rated cards. Another thing is a lot ppl feel lower tier cards shouldn't ever outperform higher tier. When it does happens it's some from of equalizer.

With the type of effort (or lack of) 2K puts into this mode, y'all really think they'll put something like that into the game? Especially something that goes against their agenda (all about the money) for this mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »