Home

Are the Holiday Packs a good thing?

This is a discussion on Are the Holiday Packs a good thing? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2017, 09:37 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Are the Holiday Packs a good thing?

I think it's good. Diamond Pierce is a top-end card but doesn't quite match up to the USA Diamonds. Maybe a tick behind, or just about on par, with top Theme Diamonds like T-Mac and Carmelo.

Anyway...he's in the upper echelon and a lot of people can afford him. Maybe most. Not all.

I think it's good that grinders who don't spend $ (or crazy time in AH) can still get some very high-end cards for relatively little or even for free. They maybe have a fighting chance against truly godlike squads, but those who assembled those godlike squads still have an advantage because they can run a full lineup at that level.

Even if they can get near level playing field with their starters, their bench will be a fairly sizable drop below, so big spenders still get an advantage.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:44 PM   #10
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by anditbeg1ns
Here we go again with the equalizer conspiracy.
Here we go again jamming our heads in the sand. I bet you think climate change is a hoax, too.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:52 PM   #11
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00
There are no good and no bad players. We only boot up to let 2K decide who wins or loses. There is no agency.
I didn't say that. Not even close. I just wish the game was about timing your shot right and making it, or timing it wrong and missing it. I wish if you point your left stick to your PF to pass and your guy has 90+ pass accuracy, your pass is going to go to your PF. I wish if your player has 90+ defensive atts, he wouldn't decide to run away from the guy he's guarding for no reason when your lead gets too big. I wish that having a 20 point lead didn't make it to where my Diamond Kiki/PD West/Ammy Steph bricked wide open 3s, while my opponent is draining heavily contested 3s with Muresan.

Or, at the very least, explain to us what the Equalizer and rubber banding are supposed to add to the game.

I play FIFA and I lose all the time. I'm fine with losing. My opponents are usually better than I am, and they usually have better teams. I'm not okay with the things I mentioned above, even when I find a way to overcome that BS and still pull out the win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2017, 10:38 PM   #12
Pro

anditbeg1ns's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimaceZ7
Here we go again jamming our heads in the sand. I bet you think climate change is a hoax, too.

1) define equalizer
2) when does equalizer occur?
3) have you experienced equalizer in every occasion described in #2?
4) have you tried to use equalizer in your advantage?
5) did that work for you 100% of the time?
6) how do you explain occasions where equalizer did not occur as expected?
7) what would be the logical explanation of game developers from a greedy company created something called equalizer to punish paying customers?
8) do you watch actual basketball?
9) how often do you see games where the game is completely linear?
10) do you believe that obama wire tapped?
Old 03-17-2017, 11:04 PM   #13
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Can you just stop bringing this up in every thread? We've discussed this to death. Hell, I just played my last game against a typical emerald god squad and it sucked. And by emerald god squad I don't mean a bunch of emeralds, I mean a bunch of really good diamonds/PD playing on Emerald league.

You know what I did? Shot less threes, re-positioned multiple guys on every defensive possession, and attacked the rim and came out with the win.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:11 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00
Can you just stop bringing this up in every thread? We've discussed this to death. Hell, I just played my last game against a typical emerald god squad and it sucked. And by emerald god squad I don't mean a bunch of emeralds, I mean a bunch of really good diamonds/PD playing on Emerald league.

You know what I did? Shot less threes, re-positioned multiple guys on every defensive possession, and attacked the rim and came out with the win.

Amen to this. Also slow down and call time outs. Amazing things happen when you take a deep breath. Played a guy that I got him to rush and I was playing great. Rage quit at halftime when I was up 20. Next game is same guy again. Thought he might quit at the menu but he switched matchups to stop the players I was dominating with and played slower and it was a back and forth game all game. I had god squad versus his non god squad so it really sucks to get equalized like that!
Old 03-18-2017, 04:39 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by anditbeg1ns
The advantage you create by sniping and building MT will be reduced / minimized as the year goes on. Budget ballers will be able to get good cards for cheap toward year end. The game goes through the same cycle every year. That's why getting good at the game itself is the most important advantage you can have, 2k can't take that away from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
this is how it should be.

2k should not and does not care about people who play ah all day. these moves screw over those guys and i approve.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2017, 07:22 PM   #16
Pro

Fakename22's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimaceZ7
I didn't say that. Not even close. I just wish the game was about timing your shot right and making it, or timing it wrong and missing it. I wish if you point your left stick to your PF to pass and your guy has 90+ pass accuracy, your pass is going to go to your PF. I wish if your player has 90+ defensive atts, he wouldn't decide to run away from the guy he's guarding for no reason when your lead gets too big. I wish that having a 20 point lead didn't make it to where my Diamond Kiki/PD West/Ammy Steph bricked wide open 3s, while my opponent is draining heavily contested 3s with Muresan.

Or, at the very least, explain to us what the Equalizer and rubber banding are supposed to add to the game.

I play FIFA and I lose all the time. I'm fine with losing. My opponents are usually better than I am, and they usually have better teams. I'm not okay with the things I mentioned above, even when I find a way to overcome that BS and still pull out the win.
You made a post in an older thread where you said you werent good at the game and needed every advantage you can get. Maybe just practice more. The only equalizer is stick skills.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »