Home

Playbook Issues

This is a discussion on Playbook Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2017, 11:26 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Playbook Issues

Have any of you had issues with your playbook not loading? And if so, how do you fix it? 3 out of the last 4 games, I go to my playbook to run something and it's not the playbook I have loaded as part of my team. I'm not super dependent on plays, but it's nice to be able to run a handful I'm comfortable with and it cramps my style to not have the right playbook.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2017, 11:28 AM   #2
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Re: Playbook Issues

I heard running the matching Coach helps but haven't tested it. Don't know what you would do if you were running a historic playbook.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:21 PM   #3
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah matching coach and playbook fixes it for the most part. I have Mavs coach and Mavs playbook and it only glitches like once every 100 games or so
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 03-20-2017, 12:28 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00
I heard running the matching Coach helps but haven't tested it. Don't know what you would do if you were running a historic playbook.
Interesting. I run the current Bucks and Rockets playbooks, so I'll pick up Kidd and Dantoni and see if that works. Can anyone else confirm?
Old 03-20-2017, 12:28 PM   #5
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Okay so does Coaching actually have any real effect on gameplay because I've run Pop since 2K13 because I imagined there'd be some sort of benefit, but I currently run the Heat playbook.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2017, 05:25 PM   #6
Pro

I have tried running the same coach and playbook before and it still glitches occasionally for me. I've also tried resetting all my franchise options including playbook and jerseys before every game. Every now and then I will still encounter the playbook not sticking. It is frustrating because I rely on my playbook to get some very high percentage looks.

As far as what the coach does.. I remember in previous years the better the coach it would actually show you increased attributes on your players. This year I don't think it does that. As far as I can tell the only thing your coach does this year is preset your points of emphasis.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:32 PM   #7
MVP

I have also had the playbook glitch despite having matched coach/playbook. I think it occurs when one is the Away team, and it "gives" you the Home team's playbook.

One of the reasons why one has to have a varied suite of approaches on offense: called plays, freelances, P&R-based actions, etc.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:57 PM   #8
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

The level of your coach gives slight boosts to your players IQ ratings. If you use Pop for example sometimes you will see players' ratings appear 1 point higher on the lineup intro screen.

That and helping with the playbook bug are the only benefits.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »