Home

Diamond Hansbrough

This is a discussion on Diamond Hansbrough within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2017, 07:22 AM   #1
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

OVR: 0
Diamond Hansbrough

Has anybody picked up and actually used this card? He's a beast in the paint. He's been averaging about 15 points for me and he gets every board, however, much like the Ruby Laimbeer, he has an outstanding 3PT rating (94 with a shoe), pick and popper, as well as catch and shoot, yet for some reason I can't hit any threes with him. I think I hit a few in practice, so unlike Laimbeer, it's not his release, yet in the game, I'm shooting 0%. Anybody seen anything similar? Should I give him DRD? I picked him up specifically for his shooting ability since my current PF was Amethyst Amaré.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2017, 07:04 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Diamond Hansbrough

how much did you get him for? I was wondering how good he was.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:16 PM   #3
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8board
how much did you get him for? I was wondering how good he was.
Too much tbh but he's dropping. I just seen him for 85K BIN. He also has a crazy dunk package.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-21-2017, 07:35 PM   #4
Rookie

I enjoy using him. He is really good inside the 3 point line but I'd say just average outside. I don't hit a ton with him from 3 and I have DRD badge on him. When I do the Corner badge lights up for me. I don't use him as a primary or even secondary scoring option but he always winds up with some points. He has good defense, very athletic, smooth release, and dunks fiercely.

I don't know if you button shoot or what but I think you have to use the button to keep it just a timing thing. I don't do well with the stick and lord knows I've tried. Practice a little on his 3 point shot timing and you should hit 2/5 if they are truly wide open standing looks. I'd rather have an early release from 3 than a late one with him. Good luck man I think you will get it down.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:47 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

He gets some crazy good rebound and dunk animations, but I don't like his hook shot, jumpshot, or post fade animations:

I guess if you only use him to rebound and dropstep dunk on people he'd be alright, but considering how much MT he costs, there are many other power forwards/centers out there who offer a better value at that position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2017, 04:44 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
He gets some crazy good rebound and dunk animations, but I don't like his hook shot, jumpshot, or post fade animations:

I guess if you only use him to rebound and dropstep dunk on people he'd be alright, but considering how much MT he costs, there are many other power forwards/centers out there who offer a better value at that position.
Your opponent was hilarious, apparently dedicated to only scoring with Love and even insisting on using Love as a PnR ballhandler.

Good thing he only discovered Love's post fade momentarily...and also refused to off-ball with Love when Lister didn't have the ball.

Made life pretty tough on himself.

I was happy to see Hansbrough's post fade is that crappy upright one. And his jumper just looks ungainly.

Hilarious that he has such athletic dunks.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:52 AM   #7
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

The fact that we even have to discuss how good Tyler Hansborough is this late in the cycle is a travesty in itself...

Sent from my SM-T810 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-22-2017, 12:02 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
The fact that we even have to discuss how good Tyler Hansborough is this late in the cycle is a travesty in itself...

Sent from my SM-T810 using Operation Sports mobile app

Oh because every discussion should be about Diamond Lebron and Steph Curry etc.... No I enjoy using different cards like Hansborough which make me use a different playstyle or group of players in MTO. It keeps the mode fresh. Also if someone can't afford a Diamond Porzingas or someone like that these cheaper options are useful. The more cards and options that are out there are better for everyone I think. It will make cards generally cheaper and more accessible for everyone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »