Home

Campus legend pack odds are trash

This is a discussion on Campus legend pack odds are trash within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2017, 02:09 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Campus legend pack odds are trash

Do not get scammed into opening these boxes. I have pulled many boxes before the VC Sale and after. The first day they were released the packs were lit. I pulled two Carmelo's and all the rest of them in a handful of packs.

Since then I was trying to pull Carmelo or Jimmer to give my MT a huge boost and have pulled 2 amethyst players since. I know I have pulled at least 8 21 pack boxes 12 10 pack boxes and a bunch of single packs since that first day. Total garbage.

Just look at how few are even on the auction house and it gives you an idea how few are being pulled even of the players no one wants like Tyler Hanesbrough. I've been watching their brag tape too and haven't seen any campus legend pulls. Wow I feel sorry for anyone trying to complete this set as it will be virtually impossible. I'm glad I completed it the first day!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2017, 09:16 AM   #2
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Re: Campus legend pack odds are trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by landman2069
Do not get scammed into opening these boxes. I have pulled many boxes before the VC Sale and after. The first day they were released the packs were lit. I pulled two Carmelo's and all the rest of them in a handful of packs.

Since then I was trying to pull Carmelo or Jimmer to give my MT a huge boost and have pulled 2 amethyst players since. I know I have pulled at least 8 21 pack boxes 12 10 pack boxes and a bunch of single packs since that first day. Total garbage.

Just look at how few are even on the auction house and it gives you an idea how few are being pulled even of the players no one wants like Tyler Hanesbrough. I've been watching their brag tape too and haven't seen any campus legend pulls. Wow I feel sorry for anyone trying to complete this set as it will be virtually impossible. I'm glad I completed it the first day!
I bought five packs the day they came out and pulled three rubies. Bought ten packs last night and didn't even pull one. Theme packs are always like this though. The sweet spot is about 4-5 hours after they come out until about midnight that first night. After they have been out a few days, you're a fool if you buy them. Especially during a VC sale.

Yes, that makes me a fool.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:32 AM   #3
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Quote:

So you pulled two Melos that went for around 600-700k MT, made well over a million MT and still complaining?
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR
Old 03-22-2017, 11:49 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
So you pulled two Melos that went for around 600-700k MT, made well over a million MT and still complaining?

Really....this is constructive for you huh? You don't even comprehend the whole point of it. I am trying to help the guy who things legitimately that they can spend $100 and pull a couple of 21 boxes and get a decent card. Maybe you should think twice before posting your garbage posts. Amazing how many classless jerks are on these forums.

I pulled them hours after release and any pulls later have been pure trash. It isn't often said on here and when cards are very good people try hard to go after them. This release has some of the fewest diamonds shown on the auction after this long and it isn't because everyone wants Christian Laettner.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:00 PM   #5
MVP

I had said in the past that adjusting pack odds daily, or not clearly indicating what the pack odds are very grey areas

It is evident that the drop rates of the packs are different e.g the day that are released vs next days while money spent is exactly the same

Landman I remember you were arguing on all these subjects
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2017, 12:11 PM   #6
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
I had said in the past that adjusting pack odds daily, or not clearly indicating what the pack odds are very grey areas

It is evident that the drop rates of the packs are different e.g the day that are released vs next days while money spent is exactly the same

They're not just grey areas, they're flat out illegal. They can get away with it because nobody has sued them yet.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:19 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru

Yep and too often we just argue about should they display this or do that. Not what is actually going on with packs. I've bought a ton of packs from all the different releases and these are clearly the worst of all of them if you didn't buy at release.

I personally don't need them to disclose it for me to decide to buy or not. I just think as a community it is very useful for those who do spend a lot of money on the game to let others who don't or who limit their spending to try to get the most value out of their dollars. If I only spent a little bit of money I would want to know that St. Patricks packs were the ones to buy versus the Campus legends. I believe that impact can only come from the community relaying their experiences because it is clear that 2k doesn't listen or care about the user experience.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:23 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:

Have you found this to be consistent with the theme packs? That opening them the day they come out tends to net better pulls than in the following days? I'm thinking of throwing down on 450K VC and making that my last purchase of the year because of the sale. I'm going to hang onto it until a theme drops that I really want, and I want to maximize my chances. Any info from someone with way more pack pulling experience than me is appreciated!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »